Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Steppenwolf vs Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf (DCEU) vs Steppenwolf (JLSC) what version is superior?

Snyder!Steppenwolf beats the daylights out Joss!Steppenwolf and sends him crying back home to Mother.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Snyder!Steppenwolf beats the daylights out Joss!Steppenwolf and sends him crying back home to Mother.
    I think you meant crying home to mother box? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think you meant crying home to mother box? Lol
    Or crying back to Granny (Goodness).

Zack snyder's steppenwolf seemed way more verocious and deadlier (as did every character actually, besides one..) and i liked him alot more. As for a actual fight they are more or less the same in strenght, both got their **** wrecked by supes. ZS steppen did take more hits from supes, but the difference isnt huge i think. i'd still give him the win though, specially with the armor which should give him more defense.

honestly while he does seem more aggressive than the Whedon version the way they recut the fight actually makes him look weaker to me, at least purely based on his Superman interactions, more of them in general reinforce the fact that Superman almost certainly could have handled him by himself, and they open up with Superman just no selling a direct hit by his flipping axe? I will say the axe destruction this time around is much better than the stupid scene in the movie.

Yeah, Snyderwolf looks and sounds much more badass.

I do have one question though: assuming we count the Aquaman movie as canon to the Snyder Cut (and as such Arthur's submarine lifting feat), can we assume, by scaling, that the Snyder canon Superman is strong enough to lift an apartment complex like the Whedon version did, since his manhandling of Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg is still in there? If so, yeah, Snyder Steppenwolf should take it. Otherwise, the fact that Whedonwolf survived a stronger version of Supes may give him an edge.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 03-19-2021 at 03:10 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Yeah, Snyderwolf looks and sounds much more badass.

I do have one question though: assuming we count the Aquaman movie as canon to the Snyder Cut (and as such Arthur's submarine lifting feat), can we assume, by scaling, that the Snyder canon Superman is strong enough to lift an apartment complex like the Whedon version did, since his manhandling of Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg is still in there? If so, yeah, Snyder Steppenwolf should take it. Otherwise, the fact that Whedonwolf survived a stronger version of Supes may give him an edge.
    Please, please, PLEASE, please don't make me debunk that crappy misinterpretation of a "lifting" feat for Aquaman again. Please?

That said, I don't see any particular reason to make Superman weaker in Snyder-land. He trivially punks Cyborg, AC and Diana, dominates Steppy and is, in canon, the reason that the planet-destroying mother boxes kept themselves silent as scared little mice until he wasn't around anymore, whereupon, despite the presence of Diana, AC, Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter on the planet, they said "we got this, no wukkas, captain underpants isn't here anymore."
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

What’s there to debunk?

Subs weigh a lot, and displacing water isn’t the easiest thing when pushing something that weighs that much.

I mean, me pushing up a barbel upwards while under the water would be pretty taxing I’d imagine.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Barbels are pretty small fish, actually. Or did you mean barbell? ;p

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Barbels are pretty small fish, actually. Or did you mean barbell? ;p
    Curses!

Foiled again!

*swims away*
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE, please don't make me debunk that crappy misinterpretation of a "lifting" feat for Aquaman again. Please?
    I was about to request it, and then the search function saved you . I honestly don't know how to translate right away a 10Ktons swimming force feats into more traditional lifting, I will need to do some research for that.

That said, I don't see any particular reason to make Superman weaker in Snyder-land. He trivially punks Cyborg, AC and Diana, dominates Steppy and is, in canon, the reason that the planet-destroying mother boxes kept themselves silent as scared little mice until he wasn't around anymore, whereupon, despite the presence of Diana, AC, Flash, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter on the planet, they said "we got this, no wukkas, captain underpants isn't here anymore."
    A fair point. Also I remembered the boat dragging feat from BvS. These boats seem to weigh between 10,000 and 30,000 tons, according to a quick Google search, while a building like the one Supes lifts in Josstice League would weigh a few thousands of tons, if my (admittedly very rough) calculations are correct. So, my previous point is moot.

P.S.: Rewatching part of Josstice League to check that building right after having watched the Snyder Cut is painful.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 03-19-2021 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    What’s there to debunk?

Subs weigh a lot, and displacing water isn’t the easiest thing when pushing something that weighs that much.

I mean, me pushing up a barbel upwards while under the water would be pretty taxing I’d imagine.
    Well - Subs underwater are neutrally buoyant, so they actually "weigh" nothing. They still have mass, but that's inertia and not gravity you are fighting, so it's not exerting the same force against you. Next, that's an Akula class sub, and those are very sleek and designed to slice through the water pretty effortlessly (like all subs).

Check the link that French found one post up, it's me explaining why that feat is much less than it was being sold as. It's still a jolly feat, and it shows a massive amount of propulsion on AC's part. It just doesn't remotely suggest that he could lift a sub up on land, or exert that kind of force in any way that's not "me swimmy strong."
    Last edited by big_adventure; 03-19-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    I was about to request it, and then the search function saved you . I honestly don't know how to translate right away a 10Ktons swimming force feats into more traditional lifting, I will need to do some research for that.

A fair point. Also I remembered the boat dragging feat from BvS. These boats seem to weigh between 10,000 and 30,000 tons, according to a quick Google search, while a building like the one Supes lifts in Josstice League would weigh a few thousands of tons, if my (admittedly very rough) calculations are correct. So, my previous point is moot.

P.S.: Rewatching part of Josstice League to check that building right after having watched the Snyder Cut is painful.
    :-)

The Snyder cut was a little better, at best, in my view, but at the very least the CGI on Cavill's face was a LOT better. It definitely does have a lot more feats, some of which are good and usable, some of which are... meh... and having all of that means longer, more cohesive action set pieces, which was pretty worthwhile. Also, actually having Darkseid and Desaad was nice.

OTOH, MM's first appearance was a "WTF is this creeper doing" kind of thing. No reason given, and they somehow don't figure out that Martha was never really there to visit Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    What’s there to debunk?

True, but things typically only weigh 10% underwater of what they do on land. Still, that is a lot of weight as you stated.

Mass also plays a part in water displacement and a sub would have a lot of mass.

Massive super strength would be required to lift a sub up out of the water. The Six Million Dollar Man Steve Austin once pushed a sub underwater!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!