Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 62 Preview those Gleason eyes look classic Bagley.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...spider-man-62/

Spidey's eyes in the cover look like classic 90s Bagley eyes to me.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

spoilers:
    If what just happened is what I think just happened . . . Spider-Man better f*** up Bullseye worse than American Eagle did in the post-Civil War Thunderbolts.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...spider-man-62/

Spidey's eyes in the cover look like classic 90s Bagley eyes to me.
    Did they just.........??? Please no

All-New Member

The interior art looks great and a big improvement from the previous artist!

Incredible Member

I know covers have been wrong in the past, but if Gog's giant foot is any indication, i believe either Boomerang released the collar, or Bullseye shot it and now we are going to get huge gog again

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I know covers have been wrong in the past, but if Gog's giant foot is any indication, i believe either Boomerang released the collar, or Bullseye shot it and now we are going to get huge gog again
    Yeah, that looks to me like what happened.

Astonishing Member

... am I the only one who hates Gog?

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I mean, I think he's cute and I feel sorry for him from his backstory, but he feels kind of random.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    hasnt done much to be hated or liked really
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Amazing Member

I like Gog. I know it’s kinda random for Peter to have a pet, but I enjoy how Spencer has used him this far. I absolutely adore Gleason’s work on this book, but I think we can all agree that Gog isn’t as cute since Ottley left.

Incredible Member

I don't have any strong feelings for against but he is symbolic of things I don't care for in Spencer's run.

I'm one of ten or so people that liked Slott's run all the way though but I was glad that he eventually left and I was hoping that whoever took over would be significantly different. For the most part Spencer hasn't been different enough. Most of stories have light and comedic with high concept premises like...Spider-Man splits in two, Kraven hunts down all animal themed characters, Peter Parker moves in with a super villain and now has an alien as pet. None of that is particularly bad or anything but after a decade of these kind of stories I was hoping he'd at least balance it out with serious stories. Spencer is capable of it (Sins Rising) and hope more in that we get more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I don't have any strong feelings for against but he is symbolic of things I don't care for in Spencer's run.

I'm one of ten or so people that liked Slott's run all the way though but I was glad that he eventually left and I was hoping that whoever took over would be significantly different. For the most part Spencer hasn't been different enough. Most of stories have light and comedic with high concept premises like...Spider-Man splits in two, Kraven hunts down all animal themed characters, Peter Parker moves in with a super villain and now has an alien as pet. None of that is particularly bad or anything but after a decade of these kind of stories I was hoping he'd at least balance it out with serious stories. Spencer is capable of it (Sins Rising) and hope more in that we get more of that.
    I dunno, it doesn't feel high concept in the way Slott was where it felt like he was trying to write Spider-Man into situations more appropriate for other properties and I feel like he balances it out a little more with down-to-Earth moments and better characterization than we got with Slott.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, it doesn't feel high concept in the way Slott was where it felt like he was trying to write Spider-Man into situations more appropriate for other properties and I feel like he balances it out a little more with down-to-Earth moments and better characterization than we got with Slott.
    I'm not saying they are the same or anything. For example Spencer hasn't gone in for frequent cameos and guest stars from other Marvel heroes which permeated Slott's run but almost all his ideas would fit very well in a Slott's run. I was genuinely perplexed when Spencer's run started when people who hated Slott were hyping it up as anti-Slott.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I'm not saying they are the same or anything. For example Spencer hasn't gone in for frequent cameos and guest stars from other Marvel heroes which permeated Slott's run but almost all his ideas would fit very well in a Slott's run. I was genuinely perplexed when Spencer's run started when people who hated Slott were hyping it up as anti-Slott.
    Spencer is very different then Slott. MJ is just one example

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Spencer is very different then Slott. MJ is just one example
    The status quo at the time was Peter and MJ should not be together and Slott as a company man complied and promoted that idea. If Marvel editorial had let him I have little doubt he'd have written them as a couple at very least they'd not be as antagonistic towards each other. He did a fine job with them as married couple in Renew Your Vows.