Default Anthology Books.

I was Thinking that DC should invest in more Anthology (Showcase.DC Comic Present.Brave and Bold and Adventure Comic) based books so for Charaters who don't have their own Ongoing or who are in Limbo can get some attention.cause DC right now and for the last several years has been all about Batman and that's why i stop collecting.my personal thoughts are that Detective.Action and Sensational should all be Anthology books focusing on Diana.Clark and Bruce's Family Members.especially Batman cause Family take up 70% of the DC books and it would be nice to see stories from characters who are just floating around DC Limbo.

Honestly I agree, I think that it would really help with a lot of characters that people like but who do not have their own series. However I worry about the cost, I mean Urban Legends is about $8 and you really have to want to read those characters or writers to justify that price. I like Jason Todd, I like Chip Zdarsky, but I did not get Urban Legends because of price.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Don't anthologies tend to get cancelled because people only buy the book with their favorite character in it or is that just New 52?

Spectacular Member

Currently got Truth & Justice, each physical issue of three digital issues focuses on a different character with different creative team. Buy that and DC may do more similar.

My favorite books of the early 2000s were Crossgen’s compendiums Forge and Edge.
    Each one was a collection of their comics from a few months prior.
    One issue of Forge and one issue of Edge for the month would together reprint the entire line of comics.
    It was sorta like buying a regular prime time line-up.

Unfortunately, I think anthologies are not in favor with modern audiences.
    However, I really like the idea of finding great pairings of titles.

I really wish streaming services had playlist functions, so I could set up custom three or four hour blocks of shows.
    I would rather watch three or four different shows than binge one show for the same number of episodes.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Don't anthologies tend to get cancelled because people only buy the book with their favorite character in it or is that just New 52?
    DC Showcase in the 90s went three years.

They did it like this-Batman or Superman franchise lead the way with backups of others.

For Batman parts of Showcase were including in Knightfall and even a Robin issue.

You can do it in today's market-Archie does it.

$7.99 digest size about 250-300 pages and yes they include new stories.

For Dc you could do 10 complete stories in that size. Focus on say one character and do 10 different stories. Some of these folks do have stories not in trades or stories that were never released.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Give me a new volume of The Brave and the Bold featuring Nightwing as the primary anchor and a new guest each issue with Dan Mora on art.

I'm all for anthology or team-up books, but sadly most people don't care enough about the entire DCU to pick up each issue. It'd end up being a series where everyone bombs in for their favorites and eventually it'd become a rotating JLA solo adventure book with some Harley for good measure.