Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So Snyder is to blame for the egregious InfiniLasso?
    I...really...don't...know...? >eep<

I mean, he could be, since really the InfiniLasso is less about feats and more about the ability to make more pretty visuals on screen, I feel. It's still the same lasso she's always had, but now she can infamously swing on distant lightning bolts miles away like Spider-Man on skyscrapers.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

As far as it being "worthwhile" - I've now seen both and neither one is a good movie. The plot is weak, the McGuffin-ness is strong, etc. The only thing this version really brings is:

Martian Manhunter

Many more feats, really appealing to all 30 of us who spend a lot of time here discussing feats.

A somewhat more cohesive (though still bad) plot thanks to the big missing pieces of the original being presented here: Darkseid, Desaad, ALE, etc.

A LOT more CGI - the "virtue" of giving Cyborg and Steppenwolf a crapton more screen time.

and

Much improved CGI on Cavill's upper lip.

What it basically shows you is that 2h20 or whatever was too short to tell the entire tale that they wanted to tell, as we lost too many pieces, but at 4 hours, OMFG you can see why they decided it needed to be cut down to a single film and not a two-parter.

There was also a lovely view of Whedon ripping himself off from one of the marquee moments from Avengers: the famous 360 shot of the heroes together against the Chitauri. There is a scene where the "League" are sitting at a table talking, and the camera does at least 2 full circles around them while they chat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan