Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Snyder Cut Feats & Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Saw it. Much improved over the "original".

Everyone has more/different feats now.

How do you feel all the major players have changed, if at all, to their original counterparts?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Flash is the main winner of the Snyder Cut, due to being an explicit lightspeeder (but he does say he needs some build up to reach that level of speed) and having the ability to travel back in time (even if only a few seconds for now). Snyder Batman may be a little faster than Josstice League Bruce, due to reacting to Parademon weapons and Superman's heat vision, I'd say he is a bit slower than Netflix Daredevil or CW Oliver Queen. Then again, he was fast enough to protect himself from a shooter with his gauntlet in BvS, via aim reading. Cyborg is significantly smarter, has better hacking feats, but seems to be the same strengthwise. Superman has shown to be able to no-sell Steppenwolf's axe. In terms of speed, he still reacts to Flash, however they are not moving at lightspeed both times that happen, so I'd say Clark is pretty much the same speedwise.

Wondy and Aquaman are pretty much the same as in Josstice League featwise.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman barely moved but still had some new stuff.

WW actually gets hit by a bullet in the back during the terrorist scene and it causes no visible damage, ending the "she isn't bullet proof" argument once and for all.

Aquaman can send off magical AoE pulses with his trident now
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman barely moved but still had some new stuff.

WW actually gets hit by a bullet in the back during the terrorist scene and it causes no visible damage, ending the "she isn't bullet proof" argument once and for all.

Aquaman can send off magical AoE pulses with his trident now
    Can't find the bullet in the back feat, do you have a timestamp for that one? Forgot about the AoE, 4 hours is a lot of material .

yea flash isnt near useless anymore, he can reverse time.
    wonder woman to me felt even faster, the extended bank scene really shows you just how fast she really can be. side note, she was jobbing to steppenwolf, cause he never displayed speed like that, she should have been able to dance around him and shove her sword in his face.
    supes was moree or less the same, nobody was able to stop him in both movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    wonder woman to me felt even faster, the extended bank scene really shows you just how fast she really can be. side note, she was jobbing to steppenwolf, cause he never displayed speed like that, she should have been able to dance around him and shove her sword in his face.
    This basically. But movies always have some form of inconsistencies.

For example, newly resurrected Superman flinched a bit from the automatic gun fire but he completely no-sold Steppenwolf. Super-axe and all.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Can't find the bullet in the back feat, do you have a timestamp for that one? Forgot about the AoE, 4 hours is a lot of material .
    I dont have a stamp. It's when the terrorist goes full auto on the hostages and she shuffles along the floor blocking everything.

One hits her in the back and she grunts. Maybe I'm wrong?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    He had /some/ speed feats although they were less impressive or at least less clear.

He blocked and caught arrows easily. He blocked and then got missiles in the tunnel. Depending on how people view the missile stuff, it's pretty good.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I dont have a stamp. It's when the terrorist goes full auto on the hostages and she shuffles along the floor blocking everything.

One hits her in the back and she grunts. Maybe I'm wrong?
    Found it, thanks, around 23:48-49 for those who want to check, you needed to pay attention to catch this one, it was very fast . And to be on the safe side, I rechecked Josstice League (I spent too much time rewatching parts of it today, thanks Rumbles), that exact moment was cut
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 03-19-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The ironic thing is that when I eventually get round to watching it, this will be the only canon for me, given that I avoided watching Josstice League like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    The ironic thing is that when I eventually get round to watching it, this will be the only canon for me, given that I avoided watching Josstice League like the plague.
    Same. But I've had multiple people say this version is worth watching so I guess I'd better give it a look.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Eh, the problem with retconny sequels, and so not necessarily the Snyder Cut's fault but, I kept getting taken out by Wonder Woman's fight scenes, expecting her to fly the way she did in WW84, which is supposed to be a prequel to the Snyder Cut; or rather, the Snyder Cut is set after WW84.

(Jenkins said that virtually every DC director has worked with Snyder rather than Whedon to ensure consistency and canon, and so that Snyder had helped map out the WW movies)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Eh, the problem with retconny sequels, and so not necessarily the Snyder Cut's fault but, I kept getting taken out by Wonder Woman's fight scenes, expecting her to fly the way she did in WW84, which is supposed to be a prequel to the Snyder Cut; or rather, the Snyder Cut is set after WW84.

(Jenkins said that virtually every DC director has worked with Snyder rather than Whedon to ensure consistency and canon, and so that Snyder had helped map out the WW movies)
    So Snyder is to blame for the egregious InfiniLasso?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So Snyder is to blame for the egregious InfiniLasso?
    The lasso is kinda ridiculous these days huh
    - big_adventure