Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Default As a Superman Fan, would I be happy watching the Snyder Justice League?

Personally, I enjoyed Whedon's Version. It was a little rushed, but its one of my personal favorites.

Superman is my favorite of the roster and I love Cavil's Performance (I'd borderline kill for a MOS Sequel)

As a fan, would I be happy with this version of the movie?

I'm not even a HUGE Superman fan and even I was left dissatisfied by how both cuts of the movie made Clark less of a person and more of a deus ex machina. They pretty much Goku'd him. He's just there to save the day at the end while all the other characters are putting in most of the work.

Though I've been largely against Snyder's take on him from the start so there might be some bias behind my words. Cavil's a great guy to play Clark. Now he just needs a movie helmed by a director who's a better fit for him. It's like Rogue in the X-Men movies. Waste of a perfect casting choice.

If you're looking for Superman to act cool and beat stuff up, then you'll like it. If you want Superman to be a character then you might be disappointed.
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-19-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm not even a HUGE Superman fan and even I was left dissatisfied by how both cuts of the movie made Clark less of a person and more of a deus ex machina. They pretty much Goku'd him. He's just there to save the day at the end while all the other characters are putting in most of the work.

Though I've been largely against Snyder's take on him from the start so there might be some bias behind my words. Cavil's a great guy to play Clark. Now he just needs a movie helmed by a director who's a better fit for him. It's like Rogue in the X-Men movies. Waste of a perfect casting choice.

If you're looking for Superman to act cool and beat stuff up, then you'll like it. If you want Superman to be a character then you might be disappointed.
    So basically the same thing as BVS?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So basically the same thing as BVS?
    Honestly? I think he was treated better in BvS. And that's saying something.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Superman is portrayed as very important in Snyder's universe. It's just whether you appreciate the way Snyder portrays that importance.

In Snyder's mind, Superman is more of a symbol than a character and therefore it's the idea of Superman being important than Superman himself. He definitely goes through a Jesus arc in Snyder's universe (which makes Batman Moses I guess?).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Superman is portrayed as very important in Snyder's universe. It's just whether you appreciate the way Snyder portrays that importance.

In Snyder's mind, Superman is more of a symbol than a character and therefore it's the idea of Superman being important than Superman himself. He definitely goes through a Jesus arc in Snyder's universe (which makes Batman Moses I guess?).
    Snyder's references in interviews is pagan gods. And certainly Superman is likened to a modern day Zeus, who leads his own Pantheon. I mean in the ZSJL prologue, Ancient Zeus looks kinda Cavill-esque. Batman is supposed to be Hades, god of the underworld (and also very rich).

So I'd say Snyder's references are confused and mixed, because Biblical prophets are not supposed to be mixed with pagan deities.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Superman felt genuine in the movie.There was an innocence in Clark.He was genuinely like a kid playing with butterflies back home,when he didn't much know who he was.It's far better than the fake nice guy trash that was presented in theatrical cut that made me despise superman from the core. I hate that superman is reduced to that in the minds of mass audience and that being popular perception.Clark was powerful, dangerous because of it,innocent and actually good for change.The only thing that lacked was screen time.It is far better than the alternative for.me.It still goes for nonsense like injustice.But, that is purely a continuation or shadow of DC's popular take on superman which is ”i will make everyone submit to my morality by example” can be turned to ”i will make everyone submit to my morality by force”.

this would never be superman for me.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-19-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Superman's entrance to the final fight was some pretty big dick energy, if I'm being crass. There were some genuinely enjoyable moments for Clark to shine before the stinger pretty much robbed the project of a lot of the good will it built up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Superman's entrance to the final fight was some pretty big dick energy, if I'm being crass. There were some genuinely enjoyable moments for Clark to shine before the stinger pretty much robbed the project of a lot of the good will it built up with me.
    You can't hurt a tree that's causing dmaage.Unless you remove it by the roots.Just hating evil superman and wanting it gone is not gonna make it happen.Every yin has a Yang.

He doesn't kill anyone if that is something you dislike.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Depends on how you feel about Evil Superman. There were a lot of hint towards a dark future with Evil Superman.
    Superman was barely in the movie, and when he was there, he was a bit too violent for no reason.
    The scene in the Kryptonian ship and Kent farm was pretty good, his final arrival and beating up Steppenwolf was cool.
    But I'm beginning to wonder if the director consider Superman to be the Hulk, a strong man with weak mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Depends on how you feel about Evil Superman. There were a lot of hint towards a dark future with Evil Superman.
    Superman was barely in the movie, and when he was there, he was a bit too violent for no reason.
    The scene in the Kryptonian ship and Kent farm was pretty good, his final arrival and beating up Steppenwolf was cool.
    But I'm beginning to wonder if the director consider Superman to be the Hulk, a strong man with weak mind.
    have you read hulk comics? if you think that about the hulk.you don't know anything about the character.Even the bruces innerchild is very cognitive. As for superman being violent.where?And if you are talking about him beating up the league.That's bound to happen the guy with that kinda power is gonna be dangerous.There was reason for clark's punching. He was confused,Didn't know who he was,disoriented,..etc
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-20-2021 at 12:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    have you read hulk comics? if you think that about the hulk.you don't know anything about the character.Even the bruces innerchild is very cognitive. As for superman being violent.where?And if you are talking about him beating up the league.That's bound to happen the guy with that kinda power is gonna be dangerous.There was reason for clark's punching. He was confused,Didn't know who he was,disoriented,..etc
    No, but he used Superman the exact same way Whedon used Hulk in the first Avengers movie.
    And have you read any Superman comics, Superman don't lose control that often in comics,
    because if you think being dangerous is the point of Superman,
    you don't know anything about the character.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    No, but he used Superman the exact same way Whedon used Hulk in the first Avengers movie.
    And have you read any Superman comics, Superman don't lose control that often in comics,
    because if you think being dangerous is the point of Superman,
    you don't know anything about the character.
    hate break it to you,movie hulk sucks.And that's not how hulk should be used.But,that's different deal.
    Because Superman is the most powerful there whom's very existence scared of the apocalyptian new gods.So,superman does what hulk does in a sense.true.When has hulks demise been mourned by the world over?When has the avengers said they needed hulk as more than just powerhouse.Bruce says "The world needs you clark",again and again.Barry say "He was my hero".
    RIIIIght,i might have been reading wrong comics when clark accidently got mind controlled by cercei or mongul or whomever.All the time he got pissed beat ever living crap out of mongol or anyone might have been my imagination.here is a superscream from super tarzan for you.

Poor!jason todd's ears.
    .Being dangerous is the part of character.It was dangerous for a family to adopt a child that can lift a table or car as toddler or outrun a train as teen or protected the weak as a circus strongman by bulling back bullies as a youth.Yet,they did.Because they believed in the good instinct in the child and at the core of every being.But,that doesn't mean there is no danger.Superman can either be a gun or superman.It's is instinct and his choices that made him superman.Now,you don't need to start actually reading superman comics.Don't believe me.Just look at all the things superman impacted .Here is a superman movie for you.The iron giant.Guess what happened in that movie?Iron giant lost control as well.Here is another character,Goku.A child set to conquer earth became it's protector.Here is another on,astro boy.A robot boy that is not considered "a real boy",acting and protecting people.These characters are all about altruistic instinct and choice.There is always gonna danger that comes with that.Why do you think captain america is called dangerous by spiderman in the civil war movies?for superman it's much more harder.he can't lose control even subconcously.But,he is human.He has impulses,ideals and outlooks.He will lose control,from time to time.But,it's not just that.His ideals,his beliefs,his convictions..etc also makes him dangerous.Being dangerous comes with the territory of being great.that's why clark has other people around him.that's why he willingy gives up kryptonite to batman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-20-2021 at 01:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    hate break it to you,movie hulk sucks.And that's not how hulk should be used.But,that's different deal.
    Because Superman is the most powerful there whom's very existence scared of the apocalyptian new gods.So,superman does what hulk does in a sense.true.When has hulks demise been mourned by the world over?When has the avengers said they needed hulk as more than just powerhouse.Bruce says "The world needs you clark",again and again.Barry say "He was my hero".
    RIIIIght,i might have been reading wrong comics when clark accidently got mind controlled by cercei or mongul or whomever.All the time he got pissed beat ever living crap out of mongol or anyone might have been my imagination.here is a superscream from super tarzan for you.

Poor!jason todd's ears.
    .Being dangerous is the part of character.It was dangerous for a family to adopt a child that can lift a table or car as toddler or outrun a train as teen or protected the weak as a circus strongman by bulling back bullies as a youth.Yet,they did.Because they believed in the good instinct in the child and at the core of every being.But,that doesn't mean there is no danger.Superman can either be a gun or superman.It's is instinct and his choices that made him superman.Now,you don't need to start actually reading superman comics.Don't believe me.Just look at all the things superman impacted .Here is a superman movie for you.The iron giant.Guess what happened in that movie?Iron giant lost control as well.Here is another character,Goku.A child set to conquer earth became it's protector.Here is another on,astro boy.A robot boy that is not considered "a real boy",acting and protecting people.These characters are all about altruistic instinct and choice.There is always gonna danger that comes with that.Why do you think captain america is called dangerous by spiderman in the civil war movies?for superman it's much more harder.he can't lose control even subconcously.But,he is human.He has impulses,ideals and outlooks.He will lose control,from time to time.But,it's not just that.His ideals,his beliefs,his convictions..etc also makes him dangerous.Being dangerous comes with the territory of being great.that's why clark has other people around him.that's why he willingy gives up kryptonite to batman.
    Using Goku as a Superman analogue really makes little sense, Goku was just inspired by Superman.
    Akira Toriyama didn't want a generic superhero, so Goku was a martial artist who is more concerned with power levels and fighting stronger opponents.
    You might as well used Homelander, Plutonian or Omniman at this point as examples of Superman out of control.

And Mongul didn't control Superman, it was Black Mercy, which makes Superman asleep and have good dreams.
    It's literally from the comic by Alan Moore, "For The Man Who Has Everything", it's your ID, you should know this.

And no, Superman shouldn't be a giant baby whose humanity is only intact because of Lois Lane, he is his own character with strong will,
    and Self-Control is a bigger part than being "Dangerous".
    Last edited by kalai; 03-20-2021 at 02:46 AM.