Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
Silver was the one who'd fit into Bruce's life best, she just didn't want to deal with all the Bat-drama.
It's worth mentioning that the original plan for Kim Bassinger in the 1989 movie was for her to play Silver, and I think a lot of Silver's traits still are there. Except for the photography job movie Vicki is more like Silver than comic Vicki. This is important since the movie brought Vicki to a new level of fan awareness and interest than she'd had before.
Yeah, movie Vicky was pretty much Silver St. Cloud (which makes sense given how the movie drew significant inspiration from the Englehart run). In fact, I believe the character was supposed to be called Silver St. Cloud, but a WB exec didn't like the name and they decided to go with 'Vicky Vale' because she was a more well-known love interest in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I know right?!

I can see why the older versions of him would have legions of women throwing themselves at him, but the modern one I'm just like 'why"?
The idea of Bruce being a psychologically damaged individual consumed by his life as Batman is a modern phenomenon. Back in the Golden Age and Silver Age, he enjoyed living the life of a wealthy playboy and businessman, and he enjoyed the good work he did as Batman too. A long-term relationship, and marriage, wasn't out of the question.

Its in the Bronze Age that the writers started exploring the implications of Batman's double-life more seriously, and the failure of his relationship with Silver was part of that. But again, its Silver who left Bruce, because she couldn't deal with the danger of his world. Bruce wanted to be with Silver and even seemed to hate his life as Batman for keeping him away from her.