View Poll Results: Other than Catwoman, Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrea Beaumont

3 5.66%
  • orig. Batwoman (Kathy Kane, later Webb-Kane)

0 0%
  • Black Canary (Dinah Lance)

1 1.89%
  • Julie Madison

3 5.66%
  • Linda Page

0 0%
  • Nocturna (Natalia Knight)

0 0%
  • Poison Ivy

0 0%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

2 3.77%
  • Silver St. Cloud

8 15.09%
  • Talia al Ghul

16 30.19%
  • Vesper Fairchild

0 0%
  • Vicki Vale

7 13.21%
  • Wonder Woman (Diana)

1 1.89%
  • Zatanna

8 15.09%
  • Other (please state, but NOT Catwoman / Selina Kyle)

4 7.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default OTHER THAN CATWOMAN, Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Well, a while back, a user by the name of "jump" created a thread with the title "Who is Bruce's best love interest?"
    The thread / poll is still open, but at present Catwoman has such a commanding lead that it's laughable. (Presently 179 votes for Catwoman; next closest is Talia al Ghul at 45 votes when last checked.)

So, for the heck of it, we'll try this again, but we'll leave Catwoman (Selina Kyle) off of the list. And I've also dropped three other options from the previous thread who received either no votes or just one vote. I did add some new possibilities to the poll as well.

The new list of options consists of:
    Andrea Beaumont
    orig. Batwoman (Kathy Kane, later Webb-Kane)
    Black Canary (Dinah Lance)
    Julie Madison
    Linda Page
    Nocturna (Natalia Knight)
    Poison Ivy
    Sasha Bordeaux
    Silver St. Cloud
    Talia al Ghul
    Vesper Fairchild
    Vicki Vale
    Wonder Woman
    Zatanna
    Other (please state, but NOT Catwoman / Selina Kyle)

And, for the heck of it, here's a little something originally from Batman #261 (March-April 1975):

Aside from Catwoman, my pick would either be Zatanna or Silver St. Cloud. Once upon a time I would have said Talia. But at this point, she's too far gone and I actually think it would work to the character's detriment if she went back to being a potential love interest for Bruce.

Other: Dying old and alone

Reposting my thoughts from the other thread on the other options:

I can't really see Bruce overlooking Talia's active complicity with Ra's, makes about as much sense as Bruce dating Harley just because he feels bad over her being played like a fiddle by the Joker. I never liked the traditional dynamic where she's literally just a tug of war between Bruce and her dad.

Vikki Vale is just Bat-writers compensating for something the Superman franchise did first and have done better.

No real thoughts on Andrea.

Wonder Woman being a love interest to Bruce is degrading to her as a character. Just another manifestation of Bat-God as obviously writers and his fans want him to have the the most beautiful woman from an island full of immortal beautiful woman to swoon over him for no other reason than because "he's Batman". A no go on general principle and a tell-tale sign of a writer who doesn't respect Diana. That it comes from Bruce Timm and is supported by writers like Taylor is evidence of this.

Zee and Bruce can be cute but aside from maybe playful banter on her part because of her showmanship attitude, that should be where it begins and ends. She already has enough of a problem with her stories revolving too much around Zatara and Constantine, no need to add Bruce to it.

Lol at Barbara Gordon. Saving grace of that Killing Joke movie is that it completely steamrolled that creepy as hell ship.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-19-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I can't really see Bruce overlooking Talia's active complicity with Ra's, makes about as much sense as Bruce dating Harley just because he feels bad over her being played like a fiddle by the Joker. I never liked the traditional dynamic where she's literally just a tug of war between Bruce and her dad.
    Toss in the very direct hand she had in their son's death and yeah, it's safe to say there should be zero chance of those two ever being a thing again.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Silver

Most of the time Talia is one sided on her part

My Top (3) Three:

1. Talia

2. Andrea

3. Ivy

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Andrea, followed by Silver.

I like Talia better as a villain, Vicki is ok as a supporting player in Gotham but is a discount Lois Lane as a love interest, and I'm indifferent to the rest

My favourite pairing for Bruce is probably Zatanna.

Sadly we never really see the pairing very often at all!

BANNED

I choose other - Lois Lane. I just want to see the reaction if that happens.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't know if I'd say best, but I'd like to see bruce and talia explored in main continuity again.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    I choose other - Lois Lane. I just want to see the reaction if that happens.
    I didn't realize zack snyder was on cbr forums!

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Has Nocturna ever appeared Post Crisis on Infinite Earths?
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 03-19-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Has Nocturna ever appeared Post Crisis on Infinite Earths?
    I believe she was in the 2008 series Trinity, and during the New52 she showed up in Batwoman (but I believe with some changes).

Other-Himself. Now, if we dialed this back a couple decades, then I could see him not being so self-righteous and absorbed.

Extraordinary Member

I put down Andrea, simply because I sometimes feel she’s a better realization of the conflict Talia is supposed to inspire, the kind of sweet and “normal” human connection Bruce is usually portrayed as having with Vicki... and she’s still an interesting character in her own worthy of the film’s title that she appears in.

When people mention Bat an and the “femme fatale” archetype, she’s more who I picture than the regular suspects, because usually Batman’s too sharp for the usual femme fatal antics. But a vigilante who goes too far and is cunning enough to hide their ID? That works.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I believe she was in the 2008 series Trinity, and during the New52 she showed up in Batwoman (but I believe with some changes).
    Like being an actual vampire