View Poll Results: Other than Catwoman, Who is Bruce's best love interest?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Andrea Beaumont

3 5.66%
  • orig. Batwoman (Kathy Kane, later Webb-Kane)

0 0%
  • Black Canary (Dinah Lance)

1 1.89%
  • Julie Madison

3 5.66%
  • Linda Page

0 0%
  • Nocturna (Natalia Knight)

0 0%
  • Poison Ivy

0 0%
  • Sasha Bordeaux

2 3.77%
  • Silver St. Cloud

8 15.09%
  • Talia al Ghul

16 30.19%
  • Vesper Fairchild

0 0%
  • Vicki Vale

7 13.21%
  • Wonder Woman (Diana)

1 1.89%
  • Zatanna

8 15.09%
  • Other (please state, but NOT Catwoman / Selina Kyle)

4 7.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Silver was the one who'd fit into Bruce's life best, she just didn't want to deal with all the Bat-drama.
    It's worth mentioning that the original plan for Kim Bassinger in the 1989 movie was for her to play Silver, and I think a lot of Silver's traits still are there. Except for the photography job movie Vicki is more like Silver than comic Vicki. This is important since the movie brought Vicki to a new level of fan awareness and interest than she'd had before.
    Yeah, movie Vicky was pretty much Silver St. Cloud (which makes sense given how the movie drew significant inspiration from the Englehart run). In fact, I believe the character was supposed to be called Silver St. Cloud, but a WB exec didn't like the name and they decided to go with 'Vicky Vale' because she was a more well-known love interest in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I know right?!

I can see why the older versions of him would have legions of women throwing themselves at him, but the modern one I'm just like 'why"?
    The idea of Bruce being a psychologically damaged individual consumed by his life as Batman is a modern phenomenon. Back in the Golden Age and Silver Age, he enjoyed living the life of a wealthy playboy and businessman, and he enjoyed the good work he did as Batman too. A long-term relationship, and marriage, wasn't out of the question.

Its in the Bronze Age that the writers started exploring the implications of Batman's double-life more seriously, and the failure of his relationship with Silver was part of that. But again, its Silver who left Bruce, because she couldn't deal with the danger of his world. Bruce wanted to be with Silver and even seemed to hate his life as Batman for keeping him away from her.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

I'm actually gonna go with Sasha Bordeaux, I thought it was interesting to have an outsider suddenly thrown into Batman's world and learning to adapt on the fly
    Last edited by Spencermalley935; 03-20-2021 at 11:39 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The idea of Bruce being a psychologically damaged individual consumed by his life as Batman is a modern phenomenon. Back in the Golden Age and Silver Age, he enjoyed living the life of a wealthy playboy and businessman, and he enjoyed the good work he did as Batman too. A long-term relationship, and marriage, wasn't out of the question.

Its in the Bronze Age that the writers started exploring the implications of Batman's double-life more seriously, and the failure of his relationship with Silver was part of that. But again, its Silver who left Bruce, because she couldn't deal with the danger of his world. Bruce wanted to be with Silver and even seemed to hate his life as Batman for keeping him away from her.
    Yep. Perhaps some of the seeds for his modern emotional hangups were unwittingly planted back then, but I'd say even after the fallout with Silver Bruce was a still a guy who could enter a committed relationship and hope for marriage. Selina showed back up almost immediately after Silver left.

One thing I liked in the Englehart run was early on when Bruce said he wanted to relax and have a drink, but since he was still "on Batman's time, not Bruce Wayne's" it would be an alcoholic beverage. This is surprising from a modern perspective because they like to drive home the fact that he never drinks whatsoever, among other forms of relaxation. He has to be "on" at all times, whereas Bruce used to be able to unclench once and a while and be an actual person.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Julie madison for me. I honestly like her modern take before the New 52 form by Matt Wagner, where she was a lawyer and then ended up in the Peace Corps after the events of the Monster Men.

Also it's interesting for people to mention Andrea, since a lot of her backstory was taken from Julie's. Father owing the mob money, knew Bruce when they were young, engaged to him. Both their father's died due to their connections to the mob. The only difference is that Andrea choose to seek revenge and Julie was for a while under the spell of a monster. It should also be interesting to note that Julie, other than Selina, is the most used in the Else worlds tales in regard to marrying Bruce. She was also going to be in the Batman and Robin movie and a victim of Poison Ivy who wanted Bruce for herself.

Really wish they had stuck with Wagner's version of her as the Lawyer, and had her become the DA. You can tell some damn interesting stories there with the two of them. You can kind of do that pair of episodes from BTAS where the DA had to defend Batman in Arkham even though she didn't trust him. Would also make for an interesting story where Julie has to grapple with the fact that her father died from actions Bruce took as batman and come to terms with that. Even if you don't have them as love interests, I think having someone like her in his life, along with Julia Pennyworth, would be a good thing to add more to the Bruce Character over just the batman character.

I voted for Silver St. Cloud but I really loved that random moment in Priest's short JL run when Jessica Cruz kissed him out of nowhere.

Fantastic Member

I always liked Silver and hate the cliffhanger and slashed throat she was last seen with. By no means am I interested in Kevin Smith finishing that garbage mini, but I would like some current team to use Silver and those characters, showing she survived and moving past that mini.

Talia al Ghul gets my vote, and I don't even like her as a character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Annie the Witch.

She summoned Bruce and the Hyper Adapter to her hour of need and placed a curse on the Wayne bloodline.

Magnificent, gentle, resourceful and independent woman. Disney princess also.

nisu moji.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Julie madison for me. I honestly like her modern take before the New 52 form by Matt Wagner, where she was a lawyer and then ended up in the Peace Corps after the events of the Monster Men.

Also it's interesting for people to mention Andrea, since a lot of her backstory was taken from Julie's. Father owing the mob money, knew Bruce when they were young, engaged to him. Both their father's died due to their connections to the mob. The only difference is that Andrea choose to seek revenge and Julie was for a while under the spell of a monster. It should also be interesting to note that Julie, other than Selina, is the most used in the Else worlds tales in regard to marrying Bruce. She was also going to be in the Batman and Robin movie and a victim of Poison Ivy who wanted Bruce for herself.

Really wish they had stuck with Wagner's version of her as the Lawyer, and had her become the DA. You can tell some damn interesting stories there with the two of them. You can kind of do that pair of episodes from BTAS where the DA had to defend Batman in Arkham even though she didn't trust him. Would also make for an interesting story where Julie has to grapple with the fact that her father died from actions Bruce took as batman and come to terms with that. Even if you don't have them as love interests, I think having someone like her in his life, along with Julia Pennyworth, would be a good thing to add more to the Bruce Character over just the batman character.
    Julie is in Batman and Robin movie, played by Elle Macpherson, but the role is very forgettable and underdeveloped.
    I am surprised that they never introduced Rachel Dawes from the movies into the comics. She was a pretty strong character who could occupy a different role in the Bat-verse.

BANNED

Other than Selina Kyle, his almost confirmed weaknesses are:

Julie Madison
    Silver St. Cloud
    Vicki Vale
    Poison Ivy
    Talia Al Ghul

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Way more should be done with Andrea than there is. I'm kind of bummed that the premise of Batman/Catwoman is up my alley, but King will most likely execute it weird.

I miss Bruce's pipe
    As a Batman/Catwoman fan, I really don't like how King has written the couple.
    His writing actually makes me cringe.
    Honestly, it made me feel a little concerned about their popularity being lowered.
    I am always Batman/Catwoman fan myself.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

I didn't know who to pick if not considering Selina which is my favorite
    I chose Vicki Vale
    I liked Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale in 1989 film Batman.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

NOTE: This thread / poll was started back in March of this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, a while back, a user by the name of "jump" created a thread with the title "Who is Bruce's best love interest?"
    The thread / poll is still open, but at present Catwoman has such a commanding lead that it's laughable. (Presently 179 votes for Catwoman; next closest is Talia al Ghul at 45 votes when last checked.)

So, for the heck of it, we'll try this again, but we'll leave Catwoman (Selina Kyle) off of the list.
    At last check, with 52 people having voted,
    * Talia al Ghul = 16 votes
    * Silver St. Cloud = 8 votes
    * Zatanna = 8 votes
    * Vicki Vale = 6 votes
    * Other (but NOT Catwoman / Selina Kyle) = 4 votes