Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default steppenwolf and steppenwolf vs thanos

steppenwolf (DCEU) and steppenwolf (JLSC) vs 2014 thanos (MCU) if this is a stomp add 2018 thanos no IG.
    Last edited by choptop; 03-20-2021 at 12:08 AM.

2014 Thanos is the one from endgame right? with his double sword he is stronger then the 2018 version. That blade should be able to cut both steppenwolf's just fine.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thanos is more skilled and stronger than both, with a weapon that will slice through them and their axes. Thanos shows himself to be quicker than Thor in combat, and Thor is probably as quick or quicker than the Steppys. I also strongly doubt they can do any real damage to the Mad Titan, who soaks up hits from Thor, from Mjolnir, from Iron Man at Bleeding Edge. They don't want any part at all of Thanos, is what I'm saying.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thanos is more skilled and stronger than both, with a weapon that will slice through them and their axes. Thanos shows himself to be quicker than Thor in combat, and Thor is probably as quick or quicker than the Steppys. I also strongly doubt they can do any real damage to the Mad Titan, who soaks up hits from Thor, from Mjolnir, from Iron Man at Bleeding Edge. They don't want any part at all of Thanos, is what I'm saying.
    For me, the most chilling bit of Thanos durability is still the start of Endgame when the Hulk rushes him, and starts smacking him around and Maw does the whole “Let him have his fun.” bit. A Hulk rage-pummelling did precisely diddley and indeed squat to Thanos. He barely even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    For me, the most chilling bit of Thanos durability is still the start of Endgame when the Hulk rushes him, and starts smacking him around and Maw does the whole “Let him have his fun.” bit. A Hulk rage-pummelling did precisely diddley and indeed squat to Thanos. He barely even noticed.
    Yup. The fact that Maw calls it "fun" was all you needed to hear. That's Infinity War, however, not Endgame, not that it makes any difference here.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yup. The fact that Maw calls it "fun" was all you needed to hear. That's Infinity War, however, not Endgame, not that it makes any difference here.
    Dammit. I was thinking Infinity War then typed Endgame. But yeah.

Snyder Steppenwolf actually has better reaction feats than Thanos with the arrow and missile catch. Having said that, Thanos stomps here. Heck, he can one shot both of them if he cleanly hits then with his blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Snyder Steppenwolf actually has better reaction feats than Thanos with the arrow and missile catch. Having said that, Thanos stomps here. Heck, he can one shot both of them if he cleanly hits then with his blade.
    We agree on the outcome.

Thanos, though, is as quick as or quicker than Thor, who has reaction feats every bit as good as Snyder Steppy. An arrow is nothing to casually swatting away energy blasts that move at least 5x arrow speed, Thor does that in Avengers and in Thor 1. Thanos is also as quick at least as Cap. Granted, all of his feats come from fights with those guys, but... when that's all you've got, it's all you've got. It's not like he presented as being slow and those guys job down to him.

Older Thanos is able to react to Loki swinging a blade to his face. The latter, in turn, is able to arrow catch without looking.

Younger Thanos is capable of swatting a thrown Mjolnir (with Iron Man's face, no less).
    Last edited by Twickster; 03-20-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Ultimately, Thanos prevails here, but unlike his skirmish with the Hulk, this confrontation won't be fun. In terms of speed and reaction time, the Steppenwolf's were able to match Wonder Woman. With strength that surpasses Aquaman and durability that survives Superman's attacks, Thanos is in for an intense fight. The Mad Titan would steamroll either in a one-on-one fight but against two? Yeah, it's going to be a bloody (CG) brawl.

OK, here's a cool thought experiment: Imagine a staredown between Thanos and Darkseid. Like, as Steppenwolf drops dead, and the Boomtube begins to close, Thanos sees Darkseid watching him from the other side. I want this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Older Thanos is able to react to Loki swinging a blade to his face.
    He wouldn't have been able to do much about that blade without the Gauntlet, not that the cut from that blade would've stopped him, I guess he still could've grabbed it from Loki if that was the case.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mighty Member

Thanos shows himself to be quicker than Thor in combat, and Thor is probably as quick or quicker than the Steppys.
    So Wonder Woman has in the Snyder cut still not used her actual speed against Steppenwolf?

Im not willing to give steppenwolf the speed to “match” ww. She was heavily jobbing. SW never blitzes anybody and ww has displayed immense speed(specially in the bank scene). Part jobbing and part having to cover for the rest of the league in my book. In a straight kazan arena fight with no distractions i have no doubt she runs circles around him and kills him with little diffculty.

Extraordinary Member

Steppenwolf does catch a Missile

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Steppenwolf does catch a Missile
    which was pretty nice. and sure, some rockets can be much faster then bullets, but this one didnt seem that fast, obviously still alot better then his arrow catching scene.

Wonderwoman can hit you, and as you are flying away , dash over to the other side of the room and hit you again.

She can also casually protect a large group of people from automatic machine gun fire by basically "crawling" on her knees and parrying the bullets (omg that whole scene was awesome)
    Meanwhile most of the amazons steppenwolf fought were able to hang with him (before getting diced)

His only real feat is the rocket, and his indirect feat of "i can match ww", and even in those scenes WW shows she is much faster, but then decides to "match" him. (PIS)