I thought the one in MOS looked great, especially the actual on set pics as the movie was made. It looked....ok in the movie, mainly because of the "filter" that was put on everything that dulled all the color, which was my only visual nit pic with MOS (otherwise it was a very well shot movie IMO). It's hard to say how it's gonna look on film once completed, however I think it's safe to say the color will likely "pop" a bit more than what we had in MOS,as the suit itself is definitely bolder than the one used for MOS. Unless Snyder and co dial up the filters even more to bring the color palette in line with the first movie, I think visually it will be pleasing. If they choose to mute the color to MOS levels, I will be disappointed.

For all the criticism leveled at MOS (some warranted, some not), one thing they got right is the design of the Superman suit. The SUPERMAN RETURNS suit was just badly done all the way around. It looked bad on set in most pics i've seen and it looked almost as bad on film. It retained the trunks...but they even couldn't get THAT right. Some may mock it in calling it "Lizard skin", and bemoan the lack of trunks (which isn't a deal breaker for me at all, although if they find a way to make them work again, I'd be delighted),but just likewhen I first saw Chris Reeve in the Superman suit as a kid, when I see Henry Cavill in the suit I see Superman come to life. He IS Superman.