Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I thought the one in MOS looked great, especially the actual on set pics as the movie was made. It looked....ok in the movie, mainly because of the "filter" that was put on everything that dulled all the color, which was my only visual nit pic with MOS (otherwise it was a very well shot movie IMO). It's hard to say how it's gonna look on film once completed, however I think it's safe to say the color will likely "pop" a bit more than what we had in MOS,as the suit itself is definitely bolder than the one used for MOS. Unless Snyder and co dial up the filters even more to bring the color palette in line with the first movie, I think visually it will be pleasing. If they choose to mute the color to MOS levels, I will be disappointed.

For all the criticism leveled at MOS (some warranted, some not), one thing they got right is the design of the Superman suit. The SUPERMAN RETURNS suit was just badly done all the way around. It looked bad on set in most pics i've seen and it looked almost as bad on film. It retained the trunks...but they even couldn't get THAT right. Some may mock it in calling it "Lizard skin", and bemoan the lack of trunks (which isn't a deal breaker for me at all, although if they find a way to make them work again, I'd be delighted),but just likewhen I first saw Chris Reeve in the Superman suit as a kid, when I see Henry Cavill in the suit I see Superman come to life. He IS Superman.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

OH THANK GOD! Now he doesn't look remotely as dreary!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Unfortunately we live in times where history and tradition mean nothing anymore. It's disgraceful in many ways how a growing number of today's comic fans care so little about history or tradition and not just in comics with historical characters like Superman it happen but in all walk of life now a days. The idea that anything new is better or that the old ideas and ways of thinking needs to be updated is ridiculous beyond words to describe.
    Well I, for one, welcome our new costume overlords....
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 08-25-2014 at 03:50 PM.

BANNED

How is it new? It's basically the same suit he weared in MOS with some minor and very hard spotted modifications.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Well I, for one, welcome our new costume overlords....
    Same here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Unfortunately we live in times where history and tradition mean nothing anymore. It's disgraceful in many ways how a growing number of today's comic fans care so little about history or tradition and not just in comics with historical characters like Superman it happen but in all walk of life now a days. The idea that anything new is better or that the old ideas and ways of thinking needs to be updated is ridiculous beyond words to describe.
    Howabout you try and not tell people what they should or shouldn't like?

So Henry Cavill just took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in the new Superman suit. Take a look for a good view of the new costume.

http://vimeo.com/104408762

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    So Henry Cavill just took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in the new Superman suit. Take a look for a good view of the new costume.

I like the coloring. This pleases me. Now if they can provide some color on Wonder Woman's attire.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I like the coloring. This pleases me. Now if they can provide some color on Wonder Woman's attire.
    I think they probably will do. I know it's been commented on before ad infinitum but it really does look too much like that Xena character.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post

This is actually an amusing video. At first I was thinking, "Man, if that suit is rubber, that's no fair that Amy is wearing a regular outfit and Henry gets to wear something that might provide some protection from moisture and cold." Then a second bucket gets dumped. And a third. And a fourth, etc.

I guess it's safe to say the suit isn't dry clean only!

Anyway, digging everything but the fake muscles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Looks good, but a little too much of a bodybuilder's sculpt, especially in the thighs.
    They had to do that, otherwise he would look puny when standing next to Batfleck Schwarzenegger, seriously did you guys see how sculpted Batfleck looked?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I think they probably will do. I know it's been commented on before ad infinitum but it really does look too much like that Xena character.
    I can see that. Still, depending on how things are, I would like to see Wonder Woman having a variety of costumes also. The look that we saw already, probably another costume but with pants, etc. I cant see the classic/swimsuit costume happening. Cant picture it without it looking ridiculous on the big screen

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    They had to do that, otherwise he would look puny when standing next to Batfleck Schwarzenegger, seriously did you guys see how sculpted Batfleck looked?
    Cavill is pretty big....or was in MOS anyway.

Its fantastic. This was how the suit should have looked in the first movie.
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Cavill is pretty big....or was in MOS anyway.
    Yeah. Not his fault that Affleck and, if rumors become true, Momoa are a little more bulkier.