Default The Veil (Millicent Mayne) - Has she shown up yet?

Anyone know if The Veil (Millicent Mayne) has appeared yet in the New 52 . . . and would you want to see her again in any Batman stories? Or should she be left behind?

No, but she could be an interesting character. She could be like Gotham's own crypt keeper.

I hadn't heard or read about her before. I'm all for adding more villainesses to Gotham, so a yes from me. After a little digging, it looks like she was called The Face of Gotham. I'd still go with Veil though.

Id really like to see Magpie, Phantasm and Calendar Girl make their DCnU debuts too.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 05-10-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I hadn't heard or read about her before. I'm all for adding more villainesses to Gotham, so a yes from me. After a little digging, it looks like she was called The Face of Gotham. I'd still go with Veil though.

Id really like to see Magpie, Phantasm and Calendar Girl make their DCnU debuts too.
    She's not a villain, she is a good guy with a weird connection to Gotham City's spirit.

Astonishing Member

I don't think she's going to show up unless Denny O'Neil writes it. She's one of his most recent novel Gotham ideas, and had direct links back to end of his era as line editor and the Cataclysm/No Man's Land history (in a Paul Sloane "Charlatan" story, no less, or some other Two-Face imposter - hard to remember!). She popped into Fabian's Gotham Gazette bookends to his Bruce Wayne - Road Home stuff, but that's because FabNic is a solid writer for event tie-ins, and can find niche spots in storylines for an all-inclusive "every recent character gets touched upon" moment that doesn't feel too gratuitous.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Hmm... Interesting. Thanks for the background info.

Y'know, with all the recent stuff that's happened to Gotham City, wouldn't now be an interesting time to bring back Millicent Mayne / The Veil?

from Batman #684 (February 2009)