My go-to is Torment, the Spider-Man arc that represented Todd McFarlane's writing debut. Still a fan. There's a chaos to it that works in a story about Spider-Man in a dangerous situation he can barely comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
I thought the "alien parasite" retcon for Parallax was pretty lame too, but since I had been one of the fans upset about Jordan's villain turn in Emerald Twilight, I was willing to accept the lameness, to finally get the character back to not having such huge marks against him. None of the less-bs ways of allowing some kind of redemption had really worked, so dumb alien energy parasite, it is!

Plus which, lame as the space-bug version of Parallax was initially, it led to all the color spectrum stuff for the Lanterns, which I think improved on their mythology greatly. So, guess I'm saying Rebirth kind of fits the thread topic, since most everybody thought parasite Parallax was a cop-out, but from Larfleeze to Dex-Starr and all the rest, I think a great deal of good came out of that kind of silly retcon.
I thought Green Lantern: Rebirth was generally rather popular. It's collected in an Absolute edition, kicked off Johns' Green Lantern run, and has spawned copycats.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
I actually liked Brand New Day of Spider-Man. I actually felt it was better than JMS's run.
Yeah, it was solid superhero comics.