View Poll Results: Which Version Of Justice League Handled The Man Of Steel Best?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theatrical Cut

15 29.41%
  • The Snyder Cut

36 70.59%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think this sums it up for a lot of us. There was a desire to rationalize because JL theatrical gave us some of the Superman we grew up on and wanted. But, now that we have the Snyder cut and it's that same more hopeful Superman but in a believable way, we don't need the theatrical version anymore and can toss it in the garbage can it belongs in.

I would also keep the blue and red costume and the race AND rescuing civilians though it should be presented in a less ham-fisted way. Maybe he could veer off and do it before he ever reaches the the team.
    What I'm looking forward to is the inevitable fan edits that are coming that may cut down the 4 hour run time to something closer to 3 hours. Then,add in the few bits and pieces from the theatrical in regards to Superman that actually sort of work. Maybe excise the nightmare stuff or cut it down to a minimum to make the film a more close ended experience, which isn't really that hard to do.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-02-2021 at 03:44 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    What I'm looking forward to is the inevitable fan edits that are coming that may cut down the 4 hour run time to something closer to 3 hours. Then,add in the few bits and pieces from the theatrical in regards to Superman that actually sort of work. Maybe excise the nightmare stuff or cut it down to a minimum to make the film a more close ended experience, which isn't really that hard to do.
    I guarantee that these fan edits are already being worked on.

I think the Snyder films would work great as one giant miniseries with all the Knightmare stuff cut out and the Clark/Bruce sections from the Battle of Metropolis edited together. You'd have one helluva story with a clear beginning, middle and end.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I am rewatching the Snyderverse, Kingdom Come felt transgressive at the time, so did the Byrne reboot. I’m a flying monkey kind of Superman fan but I liked the Snyder Cut. Honestly, worst thing about it, it probably sank the Ava Duvernay movie and we will see more from this universe. Nerdiest thing I saw all year was Matrix Hot Dogs moving in Bullettime. I think that cost us a New Gods movie, so maybe a mixed blessing.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 04-02-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Neither for me.

Both films didn't do the League justice IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I am rewatching the Snyderverse, Kingdom Come felt transgressive at the time, so did the Byrne reboot. I’m a flying monkey kind of Superman fan but I liked the Snyder Cut. Honestly, worst thing about it, it probably sank the Ava Duvernay movie and we will see more from this universe. Nerdiest thing I saw all year was Matrix Hot Dogs moving in Bullettime. I think that cost us a New Gods movie, so maybe a mixed blessing.
    I don't think the Snyder cut alone sunk the New Gods movie. It may have been a factor,but I'm guessing there are other reasons why it was ultimately canceled. Probably because of the recent announcement that they are trying to interconnect everything again. A New God's movie Probably doesn't play into their rumored plans to have a multiversial JUSTICE LEAGUE separate from Snyders version. More than likely they will eventually want to use those characters down the line,and when they do they will want to be able to work them into the shared universe they seem to want to reconstruct.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Or maybe Ava and King simply couldn't deliver and instead of throwing them under the bus WB decided to invent a PR reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Or maybe Ava and King simply couldn't deliver and instead of throwing them under the bus WB decided to invent a PR reason.
    Or that.

I think the flopping of "A wrinkle in time" didn't do Ava any favors. Yes,her New Gods film was announced after that film's release,but I'm sure its relative financial failure put her under more scrutiny by WB brass. It was probably a case of her being chosen for that job before Wrinkle in Time came out,but the announcement was after, and probably ultimately Warners had a bit of "buyers remorse" and were essentially looking for any excuse to back out of the deal with the least amount of embarrassment for all involved.

Yeah, I think they had prepared marketing campaign hoping to ride the momentum of A Wrinkle in Time. But it flopped and they probably couldn't back out at the time due to some contracts being signed.