Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Is Geiger an ongoing or a mini?

The new Johns and Frank book, Geiger, from Image....is it ongoing or a mini?

Can't easily find a conclusive answer, but I imagine the hope is for it to be an ongoing book, if the market supports it?
    Usually when Image series launch with a pre-determined amount of issues, it'll say so upfront. (Current examples: Bliss is marked as issue #1 of 8, Commanders In Crisis clearly says #8 out of 12, Nomen Omen will indeed end with #15 out of 15, etc.) Image are pretty good about setting expectations nowadays.

The fact they're launching with an oversized issue, with five different covers, and a free returns policy for stores makes me think the team believe they've got something big on their hands after Earth One and Doomsday. The solicitation calls it "a story of epic proportions" too, which seems to further signal intent to run longer than your average 5-6 issue Image mini series? Could be wrong though, just guessing.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Astonishing Member

I just hope Image actually edits the book. Johns can be really good with a competent editor.

Seems to be a 6 issue mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mini or ongoing, I’m getting onboard.
    The premise is familiar yeah, but it should have some curveballs in there, owing to the creative team.

Johns and Frank?
    As mentioned in the comment above, either way I'm in.

BANNED

Knowing Gary Frank, it's a mini, Gary Frank don't do ongoing anymore.

All-New Member

https://youtu.be/mIW1V9QemTM?t=176Its six issues and the first part of an interconnected universe

Issue #2. Continues to be interesting, if not ground breaking. Mostly hangs on the strength of Franks' art.
    Now did I miss something? At the end of issue #1 the Boy King says he is going after Geiger, and then in issue #2 he is scarred from the encounter. But we never saw that encounter. Johns just left a big whole in the story. Perhaps we will revisit that. But it was a weird jump in time.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering what was going on with the king in this issue. I agree the time jump seems weird, saw very little of the title character this issue. If there are going to be other titles under the Geiger universe, I guess you need to build them in the main title, but this did seem a bit disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Issue #2. Continues to be interesting, if not ground breaking. Mostly hangs on the strength of Franks' art.
    Now did I miss something? At the end of issue #1 the Boy King says he is going after Geiger, and then in issue #2 he is scarred from the encounter. But we never saw that encounter. Johns just left a big whole in the story. Perhaps we will revisit that. But it was a weird jump in time.
    You do, but it's in issue #3.

What did everyone think of the Finale to volume 1 of Geiger? I thought it was the best issue of the series, although there were still some plot holes left open. So it seems Geiger may still be alive? Not sure outside of Junkyard Joe which of the other books under the "Geiger Universe" I may read, although I am curious how they all tie in together.

I liked it. I think the art was the strongest element. I am not sure about this whole Unnamed stuff, would rather stay in the Geiger timeframe. But I am willing to keep reading and give John's the benefit.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!