Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

Default Is Geiger an ongoing or a mini?

The new Johns and Frank book, Geiger, from Image....is it ongoing or a mini?

Can't easily find a conclusive answer, but I imagine the hope is for it to be an ongoing book, if the market supports it?
    Usually when Image series launch with a pre-determined amount of issues, it'll say so upfront. (Current examples: Bliss is marked as issue #1 of 8, Commanders In Crisis clearly says #8 out of 12, Nomen Omen will indeed end with #15 out of 15, etc.) Image are pretty good about setting expectations nowadays.

The fact they're launching with an oversized issue, with five different covers, and a free returns policy for stores makes me think the team believe they've got something big on their hands after Earth One and Doomsday. The solicitation calls it "a story of epic proportions" too, which seems to further signal intent to run longer than your average 5-6 issue Image mini series? Could be wrong though, just guessing.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Astonishing Member

I just hope Image actually edits the book. Johns can be really good with a competent editor.

Seems to be a 6 issue mini.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mini or ongoing, I’m getting onboard.
    The premise is familiar yeah, but it should have some curveballs in there, owing to the creative team.

Johns and Frank?
    As mentioned in the comment above, either way I'm in.

BANNED

Knowing Gary Frank, it's a mini, Gary Frank don't do ongoing anymore.

BANNED

This is coming out next week right?

Incredible Member

Probably a mini, given where Johns is in his career. This is essentially a story pitch for a TV series, I'm thinking.

One that, if he's on his game, we can enjoy greatly nonetheless.

Found this just be ok, nothing spectacular. mostly set up, the back few pages with the boy king were what drug this down a bit. Not sure if I will pick up issue 2 or not.

All-New Member

I liked this book! I agree that not a lot happened, it was really all setup and world building but it really worked for me. I love Geiger's adorable dog and the themed crime bosses on the strip

I'm regards to the central question of this thread, Johns in a video on Image's youtube said that this is 6 issues for now with plans for spinoffs set in the same world, it sounded like the first one in the works was about a mechanical man. It seems like they're trying to establish a miniature superhero universe

Astonishing Member

Unless it is a mega hit I can't imagine Frank staying on an Image ongoing, while Johns could write multiple big 2 books and multiple independent books.

I enjoyed the first issue and can't wait to see how the story develops.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The first issue was very interesting and promising, so that it would not be, I hope the authors will not be limited or, conversely, will not be forced to write more than intended.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1051 View Post
    The first issue was very interesting and promising, so that it would not be, I hope the authors will not be limited or, conversely, will not be forced to write more than intended.
    that's the beauty of Image, it is in the hands of the creators. If Kirkman wants to end Walking Dead out of the blue guess what he can and did. If East of West is going well but Hickman has no more stories to tell...fini. No, "can we stretch it out to issue 100 or well if you have run out of ideas we will bring in some hack writer to tread water until we can find a good fit" type of situations.