Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

They've introduced Hro Talak in Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He's pretty fun on DC Super Hero Girls.
    ^^^after Googling him, I gotta say, I love the Mace, the helmet, basically everything from the ankles up...but what’s up w. those feet?!?

Also that Google search led me to this...:

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...verse/Hawkman/

I had no idea there’d been so many animated versions of this character!

In the DCAU in the same episode in which "Carter" was introduced it's revealed his real name is Joseph Gardner. So as far as I'm concerned he's just some random nobody who went crazy after touching the absorbascon and the real Hawkman is still somewhere out there waiting for his true love

The real Hawkman was the friendships they made along the way.

Now that Shayera is back as the reincarnation of Golden Age Hawkgirl, I'd prefer if Kendra was a legacy character and not another reincarnation.
    It would make their story less confusing and would give each of them different roles.
    Kendra could continue being a more independent character and member of the JL, while Shayera could be Hawkman's partner and member of an eventual JSA reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Now that Shayera is back as the reincarnation of Golden Age Hawkgirl, I'd prefer if Kendra was a legacy character and not another reincarnation.
    It would make their story less confusing and would give each of them different roles.
    Kendra could continue being a more independent character and member of the JL, while Shayera could be Hawkman's partner and member of an eventual JSA reunion.
    It still makes the Kendra/Carter relationship kind of weird.

It still makes the Kendra/Carter relationship kind of weird.
    Yeah. I'd softly retcon them as believing she was Shiera's reincarnation for a while.
    But then by the time Shayera returned, their romantic tie would have been gone for good.

Yeah. I'd softly retcon them as believing she was Shiera's reincarnation for a while.
    But then by the time Shayera returned, their romantic tie would have been gone for good.
    All that romantic drama for nothing .

Good idea, they could say Kendra have the memories, but not the soul, she's basically a random person who accidentally gained Shayera's memories, for some reason that would be explained in some story arc.

I'm not even going to pretend to follow the comic history.

i remember Hawkman from the Super friends and potential a solo cartoon that Cartoon Network ran the reruns for at some point. He was fine jus tlike all the other characters there. But DCAU Hawkgirl changed the game.

I was also the fan of War Hawk the son of Shayera and John.

I'm more in favor of Hawkgirl on a Justice League or similar team. I think she adds more for female representation. Wonder Woman's almost always a given on the Justice League. So I'm always in favor of having Vixen or Black Canary or Doctor Light or Zatana or others to help round out the roster. The Justice League cartoon has already established Hawkgirl as a great member.

I don't have a problem with Hawkman. Just make him a bad@$$ and simplify his origin. I don't even make attempts to try and understand their origin story anymore. Just let me know if they are from Thanagar or if they are Egyptians.
    The J-man

Boisterously Confused

Silver Age Hawkman is one of my faves. Golden Age ain't far behind.

I'm sorry to say they should both be parked next to the Dan Garrett version of Blue Beetle. Leave their respective Hawk-lovers with them and let Kendra have the stage. Doesn't matter whether we make her a reincarnate, an offspring, a protege, or a Thanagarian second cousin thrice removed.

That's not my preference, but The Hawks are a failed experimental fourteen-ingredient omelette at this point. Simplify, and build from what seems to be working.

An independent Hawkwoman. (which hurts like hell to say as a hawk-fan)

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Silver Age Hawkman is one of my faves. Golden Age ain't far behind.

I'm sorry to say they should both be parked next to the Dan Garrett version of Blue Beetle. Leave their respective Hawk-lovers with them and let Kendra have the stage. Doesn't matter whether we make her a reincarnate, an offspring, a protege, or a Thanagarian second cousin thrice removed.

That's not my preference, but The Hawks are a failed experimental fourteen-ingredient omelette at this point. Simplify, and build from what seems to be working.

An independent Hawkwoman. (which hurts like hell to say as a hawk-fan)
    I'd say the simplified version is just keeping the Hawks together.

Boisterously Confused

I'd say the simplified version is just keeping the Hawks together.
    You'd have to cold boot the whole thing to make that work. Or put down strict editorial rules that none of the cat's cradle of continuity changes may ever be mentioned again.

Astonishing Member

The solution to editorial's screwups is to ask for more editorial micromanaging?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You'd have to cold boot the whole thing to make that work. Or put down strict editorial rules that none of the cat's cradle of continuity changes may ever be mentioned again.
    I would just think the cold boot would be to put them together like they're supposed to be. That keeps it straightforward than favoring one over the other or keeping them apart.