Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So you want the Wonder Woman movie reboot to bomb? Lol the diplomat Wonder Woman is no where near as popular as the warrior Wonder Woman... like it’s not even close!! Action is expected from a character like Diana, and we don’t get that from diplomat/peaceful Diana. WW84 tried to give us that and it fell flat
    WW and WW84 actually had roughly the same amount of action time. It just felt like there was more action in WW because while the 3rd act was sort of one big fight scene, but was broken up by a lot of dialogue and even a flashback. The action in WW had also had more slow-mo than WW84 as well.

Actually, I was curious about this, even the final fight between Diana vs Ares and Diana vs Cheetah were of a comparable length when you remove the dialogue.

Diana vs Ares: 4:56

Diana vs Cheetah: 4:13

And the last 2:29 of her Ares fight is manly Diana walking at Ares while he stands there and shoot's lighting yelling about how he's going to destroy her.

So if you remove that then her battle with him is 2:27
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-21-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So you want the Wonder Woman movie reboot to bomb? Lol the diplomat Wonder Woman is no where near as popular as the warrior Wonder Woman... like it’s not even close!! Action is expected from a character like Diana, and we don’t get that from diplomat/peaceful Diana. WW84 tried to give us that and it fell flat
    Obviously, not like that, most villains will not accept Diana's peace offer forcing Diana to use violent methods. I am a Wonder Woman fan, of course, I want Diana to be powerhouse and throw the sun at the villain. Just show that Diana don't get off or enjoy violence and she only resorts to it because there are no other options available.

I don't want her killing humans or creatures below her power level.

I don't think it'll happen any time soon, but what I'd want from a reboot:

1. Present Day. No more flashback nonsense.

2. Steve crashes, Diana participates in The Contest, brings him home on the Invisible Jet, introduced to Etta (who is definitely more Woo Woo! than the Rebirth version) and Barbara Ann (setting up Cheetah for a later bit).

3. Deimos and Phobos (and maybe Eris too) would make for good intro villains, especially if inspired by Perez's fantastical designs. Decay could also be a fun antagonist.

4. Diana mostly using the lasso. She can have a sword, sure, but no over reliance on it. And NO bracelet-shockwave-attack. I'm apathetic about flight.

5. No killing off characters willy-nilly. If Steve is going to be a regular character, don't kill him off in the first flick. Same with the gods. Speaking of which, definitely more of a focus on Aphrodite and Athena, please. Clay origin preferable.

6. More effort put into the other amazons. Mala should be there, as should Io and Euboea and Althea. Philippus as Hippolyta's right-hand instead of Antiope/Menalippe. I'm thinking it might be good if Diana doesn't lose Themyscira and instead, like Marston's run, can travel back and forth whenever she wishes.

7. I think introducing Doom's Doorway would be great. This would allow for some cool action scenes with Diana fighting chimeras and gorgons and minotaurs (introduce Ferdinand maybe?), and could set up the idea that Ares is locked away and his children want to release him (or even ignore Ares since he was poorly-received and have Deimos free Phobos or whatever).

8. Action is of course something that should be impressive. But Diana shouldn't be killing when she doesn't need to (see: Snydercut). I'm definitely okay with her killing Deimos and Phobos, but Joe Shmoe the armed robber? No, ma'am.

-Clay origin.
    -Athena, Aprodite and Artemis as the primary patrons.
    -Wonder Family: Donna, Cassie, Helena and Etta all solidified as her supporting cast.
    -Barbara Minerva who is closer to how Perez depicted her.
    -More focus on Diana's relationship with Hippolyta.
    -More villains: we want Circe, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Duke of Deception, Clea, Veronica Cale, Dr Cyber, Villainy Inc and the entire mythos.

Incredible Member

- Clay origin
    - Hippolyta and Phillipus are Diana’s mothers
    - Diana is openly bisexual and has a girlfriend on Themyscira
    - Present day
    - Supporting characters who stick around for all films - Hippolyta, Steve, Etta, Ferdinand, etc
    - A storyline where Diana successfully rehabilitates a villain who later joins the battle on Diana’s side in the third film (ideally this would be Barbara who starts as a friend in the first film, turns bad in the second and becomes her own hero in the third. Silver Swan is another possibility)
    - Minimal killing and use of sword, unless necessary
    - Armour that actually protects all Diana’s vital parts
    - All super abilities from the very start, including flight
    - No high heels / wedges or strapless corsets
    - Major, credible threats who also challenge Diana’s POV
    - Diana as an ambassador
    - Futurist Amazons (like Wakanda, but unique)
    - Opportunities to introduce Donna, Cassie, Artemis and Nubia to appear in their own TV series or films

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't really want her origins revisited in any real sense; superhero films have a lot of that. I like her clay origin, but not mentioning Zeus as her father in any way would be just fine.

I always loved her ambassador angle. It can't carry the whole movie but I'd like to see her invovled in human rights campaigns, giving speeches, speaking to young women. It would have to be handled tactfully of course.

I'd like to see some really mythological stories. Let her go on an adventure with her fellow Amazons. Something like Doom's Doorway where she's on a different plane of existence for a while. They should be memorable supporting characters and constitute a meaningful part of the cast.

I wouldn't mind no Steve either. I don't hate him but we've had enough of him for a while, I think. I'd like to see this woman icon stand on her own, or with just her sisters, without a male love interest.

Introducing Donna and/or Cassie would be good, and while I don't mind the sword, a spear (when necessary) would open up aesthetic possibilities.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Diana as an ambassador is more of an endgame then it is a start of the game. And if you do more then 1 film with her becoming the ambassador, you go the dramatic route with a Max Lord snap neck to save the world, something that puts that Ambassadorship in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Diana as an ambassador is more of an endgame then it is a start of the game. And if you do more then 1 film with her becoming the ambassador, you go the dramatic route with a Max Lord snap neck to save the world, something that puts that Ambassadorship in jeopardy.
    A war against the Amazons where she has to choose, maybe. (One that isn't started by the Amazons themselves, importantly)

Really digging most of the suggestions here.

In regard to Amazonian technology, I'd say we can keep the ancient Greek aesthetic, but come up with some excuse like Amazons are intellectually-inquisitive environmentalists living on an island lacking in natural resources so the tech isn't ubiquitous in their society. They do have access to advanced tech (like Wakanda), but by necessity, it's limited in scope. Like, Themyscira has only one supercomputer because even mystical societies can't magically make a lot of microchips without building materials.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Really digging most of the suggestions here.

In regard to Amazonian technology, I'd say we can keep the ancient Greek aesthetic, but come up with some excuse like Amazons are intellectually-inquisitive environmentalists living on an island lacking in natural resources so the tech isn't ubiquitous in their society. They do have access to advanced tech (like Wakanda), but by necessity, it's limited in scope. Like, Themyscira has only one supercomputer because even mystical societies can't magically make a lot of microchips without building materials.
    That's an interesting approach, I like it.

I also think some of their defensive weapons could have kind of an archaic feel but use advanced technology. Like a machine-gun crossbow...maybe not that exactly as it's a little silly, but along those lines. Heat rays from fancy mirrors, advanced blades that can slice through metal, etc.

Astonishing Member

I don't think we're likely to get another Wonder Woman reboot on the big screen this decade. A live-action TV show...maybe?

Regardless, here are a few things I'd like to see:

-Definitely a more technologically advanced Themyscera. Wakanda, especially as portrayed in the MCU, would be a good reference. Let them have a more old-world/classical aesthetic, but let their technology surpass Man's World. Themyscera should be a fusion of the past and the future.

-I'm a bit torn on the setting. I'm okay with Diana's origins being set in the present day, but I feel there's a lot you can do with her in the past. Let's split the difference, and have her origin be set during WW2. And she spent a few decades in Man's World, but then some major battle happened involving the Gods and/or other cosmic beings. The fallout of the battle was that the world magically forgot about the existence of Wonder Woman, and most if not all traces of her life were erased. She returned to Themyscera, and then returns to Man's World in the present day. She knows our world very well, but to us she's new. Also, I'd keep Steve Trevor in the present-day (unless we reveal that he was part of the WW2 origin as well, and due to some kind of weird temporal manipulation or magic, he's 'reborn'/resurrected in the present-day with no memory of his past with Diana, and with her possibly not remembering either). Anyway, regardless of whether she was there, or through time-travel, I want to see Diana with the Justice Society!

-The Diana-Steve relationship needs a rejig. I wouldn't have it as a conventional romance, like we've seen in the films so far. There's love for sure, even if its not openly expressed. Diana cares deeply for Steve and respects him, but maybe she doesn't really have a notion of a monogamous relationship with one man, or on making one man the focus of her emotional life. Steve for his part is definitely strongly attracted to Diana, and finds her impressive on every level, but he tries to be professional in his relationship with her (I'd see him as a kind of military liason/partner for her in her missions), and has to balance his personal feelings for her with the mission at hand (and his personal sense of loyalty towards her with his loyalty to the US military). Of course, a lot of this will vary depending on their history - whether for instance, Diana and/or Steve were around in the past and had a relationship which one or both of them can remember, or not. Also, I'd go with the angle of Steve being an ARGUS agent in the present-day, and potentially an ally to the Justice League who isn't averse to taking on Batman (verbally of course) when he wants to.

-This is something we might get in the next Gadot/Jenkins movie too but, I want to see Diana as an ambassador to Man's World, and for Themyscera's existence to be known. I want to see how the world reacts not just to the existence of Wonder Woman, but to the idea of a society like the one she comes from, and maybe how it influences real-world society and politics (particularly gender politics). I want Diana to be able to go back and forth between Themyscera and for Hippolyta and the other Amazons to be regular supporting characters.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Let me start by saying I'm in no rush to see Wonder Woman rebooted. We (hopefully) are still going to get a third movie with Gal Gadot, and assuming Warner continues to limp onward with their shared universe, maybe she'll pop up in other movies or (God forbid) another Justice League.

But if/when Gal Gadot's run ends and Wonder Woman does get a cinematic reboot, what are some changes you hope or prefer to see? Not just personal preference, but in the interest of keeping things fresh and not just rehashing what's already been done?

- Origin set in modern day
    For one, we've seen Diana in a World War already. We don't need to see it again, so putting her in the present from the start would be a nice change of pace. I've also said I'm just not a fan of Diana being around since the early 1900's. More importantly, it will also allow her supporting cast to stick around for more than one movie which would be helpful. We can introduce Barbara Minerva early and establish her as friend from the start, saving her villain turn for a sequel instead of trying to fit it all in one movie like 84 tried. It would also just be nice to see Diana be WONDER WOMAN openly from the beginning, as opposed to what they've been doing where she's been around for a hundred years but keeping it secret.

- Full power from the start
    We saw Diana slowly learn her powers in the first one, and that was fine, but again as a chance of pace, it would be cool if she was depicted as a powerhouse from the beginning next time around. I'll admit this is also partially due to the current movies' choices--she loses her powers in 84, she only shows up for the last ten minutes of Batman v. Superman, and the less said about Justice League (both versions) the better. Call it blue balls--I want powerhouse Wonder Woman yesterday. So if/when we get a reboot, no farting around this time: full strength, flight...the whole thing from the minute she leaves Themyscira.

- No Ares (at least not for the first one)
    Why not save Ares for a sequel and build up to him? Have some other threat be the reason Diana leaves Themyscira, and only hint at his presence? There is appeal in starting Diana right out of the gate against an actual god, but maybe to switch things up, they keep him in the background and have him be the final big bad for her part three?

- Actually involve the Contest
    Maybe? I'm honestly not as married to the Contest as part of her origin as others, but again, to switch things up, maybe incorporate it into her origin for the reboot instead of running off without Hippolyta's permission?

- Switch up the villains
    I know I mentioned Barbara and Ares, and we don't know who's going to show up in Wonder Woman 3, but to keep things fresh let's delve into Diana's other rogues. We already got Dr. Poison, but how about Queen Clea or Giganta or Osira or Veronica Cale or Devastation, etc?

Speaking of which...
    - NO MAX LORD

- Upgraded Amazons
    We got the traditional bows & arrows Amazons. I'd be down to see a more advanced Themyscira in a reboot. We can get the Invisible Jet (she should still fly on her though, natch) and maybe lead to conflict with people & villains trying to steal their tech and learn their secrets.

- No secret identity
    I'd like if they don't bother with the Diana Prince identity and try something more like Rucka's first run where Diana is a public figure.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Everything you said and flight (NO SQUINTING).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Clay origin

Set in modern day

Greek Gods are alive and well

Bullets and Bracelets contest

Basically just adapt the Perez storyline.
    I agree. I think we were robbed of the Perez WW creation of "I, Demeter, grant thee..." and instead we got something generic.

No clay origin. I get a lot of fans are for it because tradition, but I just don't think it flies well. She doesn't have to be the daughter of Zeus, her origin could just never be touched on. Let people think however they want on it.

Skip the origin - set it in her Year Two or Three. Still early career, but no need for another origin film.

Set it in modern day. No more period pieces please.

More villains please, and skip Ares and Cheetah for like the third film maybe. And no Maxwell Lord at all.

Giganta!!! That is all.

Wonder Woman can fly, and should do so plenty.

More hand to hand. I love the sword, I love the lasso, but damn it Diana has some wrestling moves, show it off!

Tiara boomerang! It's ridiculous but I love it!

Kangaroos - because eff it, people love kangaroos.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Tiara boomerang! It's ridiculous but I love it!
    When the tiara boomerang hits everything just right.