Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Whats with the terrible art?

Quote Originally Posted by TresDias View Post
    Can't help but think this sounds like someone who has never had a loved one under medical care for an extended period of time. Running yourself into the ground while helping no one helps, uh, no one.
    I have multiple times actually. And I certainly didn't run off for a few weeks while they needed medical care. It is the simple matter of having a conscience.

It's funny how everything is misinterpreted as x-men hate when it's clearly not the intention.

oh rogue saved the world and now has to recover instead of being completely perfectly fine. surely the writer hates the x-men
    oh my, a character falls in love with a mutant character. surely she hates mutants.

Can't people get over House of M and actually see not see things as negatives when they are things that are actually positives in this book. The posts in this thread are ridiculous. The mutant characters are being portrayed fine, there is no x-hate; stop being paranoid.

Rogue punched out a celestial and saved the whole darn world but people are still complaining. Apparently the Marvel writers just can't win with you people, twisting every intention into "x-hate" even if it's really x-love. It's like some of you think you are part of Cyclops' mutant group. Some crazy logic up in this thread man. I'm pretty sure I read in a thread somebody agreeing with Namor about flooding Wakanda; because actual attempts at genocide is a-ok if you were chums with Cyclops; sounds like a double standard.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Speaking as someone who works in a pediatric hospital, I can state with full confidence that a surprising number of families will react to long-term medical endeavors with their loved ones in a variety of unexpected ways.

Generally speaking, yes, many cling to their loved ones and refuse to leave their side throughout the stay -- with the exception of sleep, meals and cleaning, of course.

But there are many who do gravitate toward the practical side of things or rely on the medical expertise of the staff/physician/overseer of their loved one, and go on with their lives knowing that although their presence may be appreciated, under the circumstances it may not be beneficial medically. That seems to be the case with these Uncanny Avengers in stasis.

I mean, if Hank Mccoy is overseeing their care -- and in all his brilliance, he tells ya "I'll contact you if anything changes", I'm sure these characters would rely on his expertise.

Everyone has different temperaments -- just like we posters -- and everyone is going to respond differently to this sort of situation. Wanda and Wasp took some "me" time to process and discuss, it seems. That's how they cope.
    I cannot say in confidence that Wanda's line about not wanting to return was all that empathetic -- though she may have been speaking specficially about having to face/address the pain of seeing their teammates and loved ones unchanged too.

Who knows. <shrug>

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Oh Holy FUCK! The last time Wanda and Janet were alone together talking about children Wanda went nuts, caused Avengers: Disassembled, which led to House of M, which led to Decimation, to AvX, and ultimately to this fucking mess of a status quo.

NEVER PUT THESE TWO WOMEN IN A ROOM EVER! FOR THE SAKE OF CREATION!
    Agreed.

Well, I'm listening to all you guys and I will admit that this issue was less impressive than the previous several. Sometimes it is like that when you're winding down, ending an arc.

I do feel the art was somewhat less, muddier colors, rushed looking.

I'm a different kind of fan. Just a lot less critical, perhaps. I read for the enjoyment or escapism alone and don't want to dissect every possible viewpoint or mistake.
    Whether we can appreciate or not, I think UA was an attempt, perhaps not noble, to show the difficulties with the two basic groups working together.

I've been hard pressed to be interested in X-titles for years, possibly the late '90s, because it was hard to believe they were this poor little minority when they seemed to have the most representation, as a 'group' in all of Marvel. Almost everything was about their oppression. Sorry if that sounds cruel or cold.

I prefer comics that are more soap operatic, with a good slice of drama, action, intrigue, double-crosses, and yes, ROMANCE.
    I believe the title was always intended to be limited even at 2 dozen issues or so. But I guess it would be cool to me, if there was a What if, or similar that explored the idea of a future era where The UA was still around, perhaps with some other intriguing partnering across the A and X aisle;

Grownup Franklin, possibly paired with Rachel for the first time as adults together.
    Wanda's twins, form Young Avengers, speed and Wiccan
    and others, Black Widow has lived such a long life; perhaps she has a never revealed adult child?
    I'm going with legacy type characters, so even Cable might work here (still find mystery in his possible connections to some of these characters).
    I'm not sure who else I would go with, but I'd like to see Thor's legacy here too, or the Hulks, maybe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Im sorry, but im glad this book is ending. The sooner these alternate future versions get forgotten the better. Poor Wasp too. To me this relationship with Havok, which was basically just Jan fawning over his greatness, is them just using her to try and further legitimize Havok. And im sorry but UA hasn't at all manage to sell me on Havok. If anything its turned me off of the character.

I usually like Rick Remender's stuff though. So hopefully Astonishing turns out better.
    Why should this book be ending?

It sells better than everything in the Xmen line that Bendis doesn't write.

And its not even close, either.

BANNED

If this page doesn't scare you, then you need to go back and do some back issue reading from 2005 until now. Trust me, this is nightmare fuel of the worst kind. Be afraid, my friends, be very afraid.

THAT page is exquisite Coipel bathing suit WIN.

haha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    The hate on Jan is too much around here.
    I don't hate Janet either. She has terrible fashion choices; however, Janet and Wanda should never be in the same room together as it didn't end well the last time. Janet has a habit of running her mouth without thinking about what actually comes out. In the case of Disassembled, she blamed it on the poolside margarita and the sun. What Janet and the rest of the Avengers should have done was sit down with Wanda and explain what happened to her two "kids." Again, Janet wasn't being malicious, she was just running her mouth off like her catty self. It's her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Even the fourth wall won't protect us.
    Rogue has that effect.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda and Jan have been buds for years. Them hanging out together isn't going to
    end anytime soon. Or ever.

The only person Jan is closer to than Wanda is Sue Richards.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Wanda and Jan have been buds for years. Them hanging out together isn't going to
    end anytime soon. Or ever.

The only person Jan is closer to than Wanda is Sue Richards.
    Oh hell. Well being buds for years now is ruined thanks to Bendis. It is no longer safe for the Marvel Universe to put these two women in close proximity to each other and let them talk, especially about children, without adult supervision. Because Bendis happens.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    It's funny how everything is misinterpreted as x-men hate when it's clearly not the intention.

oh rogue saved the world and now has to recover instead of being completely perfectly fine. surely the writer hates the x-men
    oh my, a character falls in love with a mutant character. surely she hates mutants.

Can't people get over House of M and actually see not see things as negatives when they are things that are actually positives in this book. The posts in this thread are ridiculous. The mutant characters are being portrayed fine, there is no x-hate; stop being paranoid.

Rogue punched out a celestial and saved the whole darn world but people are still complaining. Apparently the Marvel writers just can't win with you people, twisting every intention into "x-hate" even if it's really x-love. It's like some of you think you are part of Cyclops' mutant group. Some crazy logic up in this thread man. I'm pretty sure I read in a thread somebody agreeing with Namor about flooding Wakanda; because actual attempts at genocide is a-ok if you were chums with Cyclops; sounds like a double standard.
    Considering how Remender has written Rogue throughout the book (terribly ooc) and that apparently no one can fix Alex's face (bullcrap) to cause him manpain, Remender brought this upon himself. You don't handle characters horribly and then expect people to give you the benefit of the doubt later. It's no "paranoia," stop being condescending.

Extraordinary Member

Havok's not even disfigured on the covers for this comic so something probably gets figured out at some point.

This is a preview after all. We don't know the whole story yet.

This is like Oracle all over again except when Remender does it, its wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Havok's not even disfigured on the covers for this comic so something probably gets figured out at some point.

This is a preview after all. We don't know the whole story yet.

This is like Oracle all over again except when Remender does it, its wrong.
    I was wondering when someone would bring this up. Havok's face is completely healed and looks normal on all the Axis covers. So, either Magic from Wanda or Henry finds SCIENCE! to fix Havok.