Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

So Rogue's heroics from the last issue are completely down played and she has spent weeks in stasis. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Remender keeps doing this. I don't know why I keep getting my hopes up. At this point it is such a huge relief that she will be coming home to the X-Men at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Not sure how this will go...maybe Havok will pull a "I'm so hideous now I need to find myself" break up or maybe they actually stay together. However, as of right now I'm sorta put off by it. Just reads sorta lame and "meh" for me.

But that's just me.
    It's not just you. Everything about their relationship feels forced and and lame to me. But then, all of the characters in this book feel forced and lame to me. So.

At last....the arc is over....for now.
    I'm all about this issue. I'm into the art change and the down time discussions. YES.

Jay, Alex is gonna be the new Doc Doom.

.....Hold UP!

Wasp and Havok are going to stay married? Not go back to dating or mild flirtation but actually stay hitched?

Lets start placing bets on how terrible the ending of that marriage will be!

Way to quick and such an odd pairing.
    Yeah, I was surprised at this as well. Sure they have the memory of the marriage, but I didn't think they would still see themselves as a marries couple. Such an odd pairing.

Also, how long do we expect Havok's scarred face to last? They can't fix it, really? Give it 20 issues.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Not too keen on the art work on some of their faces to be honest. But other than that I am looking forward to issue 23.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    22: "Rogue can't get Simon Williams out!"
    23: "Rogue can get Simon out, no problem!"

Oh, cliffhanger fakeouts, I fall for you every time.
    Same.

.....Hold UP!

Wasp and Havok are going to stay married? Not go back to dating or mild flirtation but actually stay hitched?

Lets start placing bets on how terrible the ending of that marriage will be!

Way to quick and such an odd pairing.
    Yeah I must admit I'm surprised they've kept them married as well. I wouldn't say it was too odd a pairing but it is too quick to have them as a married couple that I'm in total agreement with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade View Post
    "You are a tough bird." I mean who says that?
    Wolverine does obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm slightly confused here. So, technically Wasp and Havok are now 7 years older than before the story began/Planet X. I'm not sure I even like that.

<<<< months and months ago, before my unwanted departure from this board, I postulated a theory . . . .

In case no one remembers, but its not that big.... SPOILER!!!!!

I wonder if little Katie ends up being Kang's lost love Ravonna? It almost seems to work, to me, since, ummm, Time Travel. And Marvel's sense of irony, ie; Wasp met her own daughter before she was married to her first husband, etc. etc.
    No, no, their consciousness was sent back in time to their bodies, 7 years prior to Planet X.

So, while their mentally older, physically, they haven't aged a day.
    Spectre: You did this. You have done what I thought impossible. You have forced peace. The whole world. It feels....ordered. The evil is still there in people, but they're afraid to act.

Superman: They know I'm watching.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    So Rogue's heroics from the last issue are completely down played and she has spent weeks in stasis. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, Remender keeps doing this. I don't know why I keep getting my hopes up. At this point it is such a huge relief that she will be coming home to the X-Men at the end of the year.
    Maybe I missed something in the preview, but how have her heroics been completely downplayed? Also, it seems like the stasis was designed, in her case, to help her get rid of Simon. Isn't something you want?

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Maybe I missed something in the preview, but how have her heroics been completely downplayed? Also, it seems like the stasis was designed, in her case, to help her get rid of Simon. Isn't something you want?
    I have seen a little more of the preview. Instead of "Rogue great job." She is all out of control and a mess. It's a Remender thing. Rogue saves the team, she must be benched. Rogue stops Wanda from another decimation, but really she commits murder. Rogue fights a Celestial and helps save the world, she's an out of control mess. :-/
    Last edited by jen; 08-21-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Fantastic Member

I think that I missed when Steve got old. How and why did that happen? Did it have anything to do with him giving his powers to Rogue?

I get an odd feeling from this series. It certainly plays around with continuity. I've complained endlessly about the sheer stupidity of an Asgardian axe that can kill a Celestial, so I won't do that again. But I do want to note that in her very first appearance, way back in an Avengers Annual, Rogue was unable to absorb Wonder Man's powers because he was an ionic being. I recall that earlier in this series, Rogue absorbed Simon's strength and then accidentally killed the Grim Reaper with it. But I can't recall if the issue of her not being able to do so before was ever properly addressed.

I have no problem with the Wasp-Havok relationship. I think that it actually feels right and gives both characters a sense of maturity that they often lack. However, it is a fact that many marriages don't survive the loss of a child and this may happen here.

I have seen a little more of the preview. Instead of "Rogue great job." She is all out of control and a mess. It's a Remender thing. Rogue saves the team, she must be benched. Rogue stops Wanda from another decimation, but really she commits murder. Rogue fights a Celestial and helps save the world, she's an out of control mess. :-/
    Well, to be fair, Rogue's got a long history of doing all these ultra WOW things followed immediately by "Ahhh nooooooo Ahm crazy!"
    I think that Remender just dips a little too far into people's past happenings, hoping to strike nostalgic authenticity because it winds up feeling like a big retread.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Kang isn't defeated, he was merely set back. He still has his team of Heroes/Villains.

It would be a shame if Arno and May stayed forever at his side as they're actually Heroes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I think that I missed when Steve got old. How and why did that happen? Did it have anything to do with him giving his powers to Rogue?
    Steve got aged because he lost the Super Solider serum as it got sucked out from him in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Steve got aged because he lost the Super Solider serum as it got sucked out from him in his own book.
    Poor Steve. He was so hawt.

Astonishing Member

you assume they'll let her return fully to the x-books, instead of taking wolverine's old job of straddling the a and x books?