Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I know you're sensitive to how Rogue's been treated in this book and I can't blame you, but I think the point here was just to explain where she and other characters were while the events in Captain America went down. Wanda and Jan were away, and the injured members of the team were in stasis while the geniuses tried to fix them. This may also be kind of a backward explanation of what happened to Rogue in adjectiveless X-Men, though I'm sure it wasn't intended that way.
    Better than nothing I suppose.

Spectacular Member

You say your self they could get then in 10 seconds flat using some super heroics so what is the problem, remember she is also dealing with the loss of her child and everything they went through she has to deal with that as well, taking time to heal her self is also important because if she isn't mentally healthy she can't handle anything. It is just my point but you welcome to yours I just think we have different opinions.

Well, I know one thing I didn't miss during my absence was this constant whining about Rogue and her treatment by Remender.

I think some folks are just unable to grow up a little. Why in the world should Wanda keep all her baggage from like 10 years ago. It would only make sense if other fans kept harping on Rogue's less noble moments.

Its been settled and anyone who really thought they were open-minded, or objective, would realize that what Bendis did to Wanda, was a total hatchet job, expressly because (and I'm sure he may have said this), he didn't like magic users - and especially Wanda, in his book, or the MU.

He purposely went out of his way to taint and destroy Wanda, and people like, well, you know who you are, just willfully believe the crap and

pile on more.

You know Remender took quite a while to work on this story, which was about, in many ways, Wanda's redemption. Have a little patience. I'm sure Rogue will come out as good as before.

The complaints of Rogue have nothing to do with Wanda. They have everything to do with Rogue be butchered by Remender.

BANNED

Stasis tubes? Really? With all the technology available in the MU you had to stick the poor mutants into stasis tubes?

Also: Havok and Wasp, WTF?!?!?

Why couldn't they just reverse everything and lose all those memories too? What happens when Lorna Dane finds out?

And poor Rogue, stuck in this god awful book, they really need to get her back to X-Men pronto! She would rock in the all female team (they have way too many telepaths)!

Really? With all the healers in the MU they're just gonna leave Havok disfigured? What is the point of that? I mean at least the other members if the team got something of an upgrade out of their "damage". First Cable loses his arm and now Havok has half his face burned horribly. What's with Marvel and disfiguring Summers men and why has Scott dodged that bullet?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    ugh really? janet is staying with havok because reasons? so havok's manpain over being disfigured shouldn't stop true love. because she isn't allowed to get away from basketcase men for more than five minutes of her existence. good lord
    He'll get over it. His nephew got over being technovirus scarred and his dad came back from being head blasted by his younger brother. Summers family people men get through this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What's with Marvel and disfiguring Summers men and why has Scott dodged that bullet?
    he's not really dodged that bullet has he? he has to wear ruby quartz all the time. and lately he can't use his powers without falling down.

BANNED

Oh Holy ****! The last time Wanda and Janet were alone together talking about children Wanda went nuts, caused Avengers: Disassembled, which led to House of M, which led to Decimation, to AvX, and ultimately to this fucking mess of a status quo.

NEVER PUT THESE TWO WOMEN IN A ROOM EVER! FOR THE SAKE OF CREATION!

Amazing Member

Default Falcon to Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    I think that I missed when Steve got old. How and why did that happen? Did it have anything to do with him giving his powers to Rogue?

I get an odd feeling from this series. It certainly plays around with continuity. I've complained endlessly about the sheer stupidity of an Asgardian axe that can kill a Celestial, so I won't do that again. But I do want to note that in her very first appearance, way back in an Avengers Annual, Rogue was unable to absorb Wonder Man's powers because he was an ionic being. I recall that earlier in this series, Rogue absorbed Simon's strength and then accidentally killed the Grim Reaper with it. But I can't recall if the issue of her not being able to do so before was ever properly addressed.

I have no problem with the Wasp-Havok relationship. I think that it actually feels right and gives both characters a sense of maturity that they often lack. However, it is a fact that many marriages don't survive the loss of a child and this may happen here.
    Maybe this is what sets up Falcon to become the new Captain Ameria?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    oh holy ****! The last time wanda and janet were alone together talking about children wanda went nuts, caused avengers: Disassembled, which led to house of m, which led to decimation, to avx, and ultimately to this fucking mess of a status quo.

Never put these two women in a room ever! For the sake of creation!
    like, like, like!

Nice change of artwork I suppose. Wanda looks at least pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Poor Steve. He was so hawt.
    You don't think he's as sexy (If not more) now?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
    They are not dying there in stasis recovering, if they were there they would be standing in the way and casing problems for everyone trying to help them.
    That's true, considering how teeny tiny Avengers Tower is, or whatever other mansion Tony Stark is hiding up his butt, there wouldn't be enough room for the Wasp to be worrying about her husband.

Amazing Member

Oh Holy ****! The last time Wanda and Janet were alone together talking about children Wanda went nuts, caused Avengers: Disassembled, which led to House of M, which led to Decimation, to AvX, and ultimately to this fucking mess of a status quo.

Imagine if Scarlet Witch stayed and was watching over her teammates in their stasis tubes, wistfully saying, "I wish none of this had ever happened." Poof, no more Marvel Universe. =P

BANNED

Amen to that. In fact, I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.