Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Were they supposed to stand in silent vigil over the stasis tubes?
    Probably not. That would have almost looked like they cared about the mutants.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly let's hope it would be better than Lorena and Hank marriages/courtship.
    Who's Lorena?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well, I know one thing I didn't miss during my absence was this constant whining about Rogue and her treatment by Remender.

I think some folks are just unable to grow up a little. Why in the world should Wanda keep all her baggage from like 10 years ago. It would only make sense if other fans kept harping on Rogue's less noble moments.

Its been settled and anyone who really thought they were open-minded, or objective, would realize that what Bendis did to Wanda, was a total hatchet job, expressly because (and I'm sure he may have said this), he didn't like magic users - and especially Wanda, in his book, or the MU.

He purposely went out of his way to taint and destroy Wanda, and people like, well, you know who you are, just willfully believe the crap and

pile on more.

You know Remender took quite a while to work on this story, which was about, in many ways, Wanda's redemption. Have a little patience. I'm sure Rogue will come out as good as before.
    I'd be fine if Rogue where shipped back to the X-Men permanently, if only to get rid of the significant amount of whining over her in each UA-related threads, it's plain annoying at this point.

Also, I don't see what the issue with Janet taking some time off is, she's not a robot for crying out loud.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Also, I don't see what the issue with Janet taking some time off is, she's not a robot for crying out loud.
    apparently her only purpose in life is to stand vigilant by men with severe issues no matter what she does.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Nice change of artwork I suppose. Wanda looks at least pretty.

You don't think he's as sexy (If not more) now?
    I have to say I Enjoyed the Artwork too, it was a nice change of pace, even thought I like Acuna, his last few issues where not his best and it is nice to give him a break, but Sanford Greene's work here is nicely done, like his style. Except for when Wanda and Janet are coming off of the plane, everything else looks good, has a Manga feel to it, not much, but some in Mr. Greene's style.

Overall, I found it nice they caught up with the events happening with Rodger, with him growing old and all, feels more like each book is catching up now with each other. Overall, the Preview left me wanting more then most previews do, indeed unlike the last issues where we had a fixed feel on their flow, this one is the 1st stand-alone from the aftermath of the Twins Arc. So indeed I am curious how this one will lead off into AXIS and if any events of Original Sin will play a part too.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

[QUOTE=vaf2675;436492]

Why couldn't they just reverse everything and lose all those memories too? What happens when Lorna Dane finds out?

QUOTE]

What happens? We have pure Soap Opera drama!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    Imagine if Scarlet Witch stayed and was watching over her teammates in their stasis tubes, wistfully saying, "I wish none of this had ever happened." Poof, no more Marvel Universe. =P
    *brain aneurysm* I can't deal with any more of Wanda's narrative induced reality altering shenanigans. I don't hate her, heck I don't blame Wanda for House of M, as it was Quicksilver who manipulated her when she was at her most vulnerable state mentally, and the realization that her father, Magneto, values ruling the world and his reputation over the lives of his children that caused her to snap and erase/suppress the X-Gene.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Amen to that. In fact, I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been brought up yet.
    That was the first thing that popped up in my mind. Not this baby **** or its name, but the fact Janet and Wanda were talking together about a child with no one else to supervise. Serious, I was panicking and started screaming "BITCH SHUT YOUR FUCKING GOB!" DON'T TALK ABOUT CHILDREN!! BITCH IS GONNA GO CRAY CRAY AGAIN!!!"

Fantastic Member

Why the stasis tube? Alex is probably gonna go to Scott's school once he's up and about. But please, end this nonsense already and give Hickman the Unity Squad

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Oh Holy ****! The last time Wanda and Janet were alone together talking about children Wanda went nuts, caused Avengers: Disassembled, which led to House of M, which led to Decimation, to AvX, and ultimately to this fucking mess of a status quo.

NEVER PUT THESE TWO WOMEN IN A ROOM EVER! FOR THE SAKE OF CREATION!
    it may already be too late. They were alone for weeks based on the preview. Who knows what Hell went down because of them. They could be the real reason that Wolverine lost his healing factor, that Thor became unworthy, that Original Sin happened in the first place! Oh the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I have to say I Enjoyed the Artwork too, it was a nice change of pace, even thought I like Acuna, his last few issues where not his best and it is nice to give him a break, but Sanford Greene's work here is nicely done, like his style. Except for when Wanda and Janet are coming off of the plane, everything else looks good, has a Manga feel to it, not much, but some in Mr. Greene's style.

Overall, I found it nice they caught up with the events happening with Rodger, with him growing old and all, feels more like each book is catching up now with each other. Overall, the Preview left me wanting more then most previews do, indeed unlike the last issues where we had a fixed feel on their flow, this one is the 1st stand-alone from the aftermath of the Twins Arc. So indeed I am curious how this one will lead off into AXIS and if any events of Original Sin will play a part too.
    Reading the part of your post where you mentioned the book being caught up to the rest of the MU made the record in my brain stop suddenly, jump back to the preview for a double take and I saw right the first time. If this is caught up to the point after Steve became old, why does Thor still have Mjolnir?

Extraordinary Member

Now now now. Everyone knows the equation is Wasp + Scarlet Witch + Bendis = Disaster. Wasp + Scarlet Witch + Remender = Hatin' On the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Now now now. Everyone knows the equation is Wasp + Scarlet Witch + Bendis = Disaster. Wasp + Scarlet Witch + Remender = Hatin' On the X-Men.
    Now what happens if we add Rogue in on that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    So there may be a sliver of hope for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Now what happens if we add Rogue in on that?
    And that sliver of hope was just mutilated. We're boned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    *brain aneurysm* I can't deal with any more of Wanda's narrative induced reality altering shenanigans. I don't hate her, heck I don't blame Wanda for House of M, as it was Quicksilver who manipulated her when she was at her most vulnerable state mentally, and the realization that her father, Magneto, values ruling the world and his reputation over the lives of his children that caused her to snap and erase/suppress the X-Gene.

That was the first thing that popped up in my mind. Not this baby **** or its name, but the fact Janet and Wanda were talking together about a child with no one else to supervise. Serious, I was panicking and started screaming "BITCH SHUT YOUR FUCKING GOB!" DON'T TALK ABOUT CHILDREN!! BITCH IS GONNA GO CRAY CRAY AGAIN!!!"
    I hate her and I blame Wanda for her actions, whether it was out of characterization or not is irrelevant, I hate her just like I hate Reed, and Tony for what happened to Bill Foster, and just like how I hate everyone irl who kill people and get away with it #Ferguson.

Also I'm glad Alex looks like a ugly mutant now that is exactly what he deserves.
    Last edited by Rochedalaix; 08-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.

All-New Member

This is a nice change in pace imo as I'm betting it's going to be another roller coaster ride after this issue.