Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Someone should make a heatmap of the Superman D&D moral alignment chart and see how frequently each of the nine squares are told. I've seen a version of that chart where Action Comics #1 Superman is chaotic good, and I'd probably guess that Chaotic Good is one of the bluest squares, somewhat ironically. But specific to Injustice, I think chaotic good would be the natural evolution for the character, not the mustache-twirler the game version of the character becomes. The game's story can't seem to decide if Superman means well and that's why he assumes power, or if he's just turned into a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Never become a parent if you legitimately think the influence of one's upbringing imparts that little effect on someone's development.
    This is the smartest comment I've come across on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Someone should make a heatmap of the Superman D&D moral alignment chart and see how frequently each of the nine squares are told. I've seen a version of that chart where Action Comics #1 Superman is chaotic good, and I'd probably guess that Chaotic Good is one of the bluest squares, somewhat ironically. But specific to Injustice, I think chaotic good would be the natural evolution for the character, not the mustache-twirler the game version of the character becomes. The game's story can't seem to decide if Superman means well and that's why he assumes power, or if he's just turned into a bad guy.
    Yeah it's a bit weird. He sorta blames himself for Lois's death because he thinks that she wouldn't have died if he'd made better choices. Obviously by "better" he means "more authoritarian". But anyways, he goes off at least one deep end completely and it just doesn't make sense. At one point he gets mad because people don't like his behavior and... tries to threaten them into compliance.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Bingo,Superman's bad side would be someone that just wants to bring the entire world down or throw it into the sun.He should be chaotic bad ,evil dude.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Long as they're pastiches, I don't care. I enjoyed Brightburn because it was a blatant evil superman story, it wasn't trying to be anything else. I only tolerate Injustice. I haven't played the games, except for the tutorial. Never read the comics. I have no interest in Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Next time they do one can they not toss Wonder Woman under the bus so he can have some arm candy to gawk at him in place of Lois?
    If you're going to have Superman take over the world, who's better to rule alongside him than Wonder Woman? I'm sick of the "Lois Lane dying" trope too, but realistically speaking, Diana makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Long as they're pastiches, I don't care. I enjoyed Brightburn because it was a blatant evil superman story, it wasn't trying to be anything else. I only tolerate Injustice. I haven't played the games, except for the tutorial. Never read the comics. I have no interest in Injustice.
    I also liked Brightburn, but it did seem a little slow paced in parts, and I felt a less serious more humorous tone would've hit the evil horror Superman idea better, but for what it was it was pretty neat. Definitely dark and disturbing in a hard to watch way in a few scenes without going too overboard (that's a complement for this kind of movie). Just the right amount of "holy **** that's gruesome!" without falling into the showers of blood all the time trap.

The thought of an evil Superman is an interesting psychological and philosophical discussion. All his power, his strength what if he were to act in an immoral manner an unjust manner what would you do how would you check or counter his actions.

I've been thinking back over past Superman portrayals and I'm trying to think of recent incarnations where Evil Superman wasn't a big plot point. It's a big storyline of the CW Universe. It's featured in Superman TAS and the Justice League cartoon. This is the central plot point of the Injustice videogames and comics.

We see a mind-controlled Superman by Poison Ivy in the prior animated universe but outside of that, we don't see an evil Superman.

This wasn't a storyline for the original Superman cartoons.

In the comics, I don't think we see it too much. Maxwell Lord had him mind-controlled, but other than that there are a lot of other super-powered threats that give Supes a run for his money and alternate universe villains like Ultraman.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I also liked Brightburn, but it did seem a little slow paced in parts, and I felt a less serious more humorous tone would've hit the evil horror Superman idea better, but for what it was it was pretty neat. Definitely dark and disturbing in a hard to watch way in a few scenes without going too overboard (that's a complement for this kind of movie). Just the right amount of "holy **** that's gruesome!" without falling into the showers of blood all the time trap.
    My thoughts exactly. Plus, a mother-son relationship over the father.

If you're going to have Superman take over the world, who's better to rule alongside him than Wonder Woman? I'm sick of the "Lois Lane dying" trope too, but realistically speaking, Diana makes the most sense.
    Because it's an absolutely insulting depiction of her where little to no thought is put in to her beyond just "Clark is so great an noble, so obviously Diana will do whatever he wants". Showcasing how incompetent so many golden boy Superman writers from Mark Waid, to Tom Taylor, and even Alan Moore from his "Twilight of the Superheroes" pitch are at writing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Because it's an absolutely insulting depiction of her where little to no thought is put in to her beyond just "Clark is so great an noble, so obviously Diana will do whatever he wants". Showcasing how incompetent so many golden boy Superman writers from Mark Waid, to Tom Taylor, and even Alan Moore from his "Twilight of the Superheroes" pitch are at writing her.
    Absolutely agree. I'm just stating the most sense with the whole "evil superman rules the world" trope. As for Moore. I don't know. He createdPromethea and Glory, never read either (yet), but I think Moore love the character Wonder Woman, but he doesn't love what DC has done to her.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It makes no sense at all if you respect Diana's character. Taking part in the subjugation of the entire human race "makes the most sense?"

You may as well have her walk into schools and tell little girls their job is to make babies and smile. It's that fucking stupid and disrespectful to everything the character stands for.

It makes no sense at all if you respect Diana's character. Taking part in the subjugation of the entire human race "makes the most sense?"

You may as well have her walk into schools and tell little girls their job is to make babies and smile. It's that fucking stupid and disrespectful to everything the character stands for.
    Some people see the ultra authoritarian role as not subjugation but guidance. IE trying to force people to do the right thing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Some people see the ultra authoritarian role as not subjugation but guidance. IE trying to force people to do the right thing.
    Just about the only connection I can make to Diana with that is how she uses the lasso to force people to tell the truth and that's a stretch in itself to try and argue it'd lead her to dominating people and removing their free will.

There's no way anyone can convince me Diana putting the world in chains makes any sense. The same goes for a proper Clark Kent Superman.

Just about the only connection I can make to Diana with that is how she uses the lasso to force people to tell the truth and that's a stretch in itself to try and argue it'd lead her to dominating people and removing their free will.

There's no way anyone can convince me Diana putting the world in chains makes any sense. The same goes for a proper Clark Kent Superman.
    that's why it's a weird alt-u, and not the main one. If it actually made sense....