Default Aquaman vs Steppenwolf (SC)

This is the Aquaman as he is at the end of his solo movie, armored and equipped with King Atlan's trident.

Can Steppenwolf kill the King of Atlantis?

Bonus fight:

Aquaman fights both steppenwolf's but the fight is in the deep ocean where aquaman has acces to all the creatures of the seas.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Without creatures, on land, either Steppy should take Aquaman. Under the sea (under the sea, everything's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me...) with help AC should probably manage a win.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

What Big said.

Steppenwolf was presented and indeed performed as a threat that was every bit the match for Arthur and Diana in a 2v1 situation. Better gear wont close the gap enough on land.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

To be fair, in a non PIS fight WW would stomp Steppenwolf. Speed difference is too much.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    To be fair, in a non PIS fight WW would stomp Steppenwolf. Speed difference is too much.
    If she can actually hurt him. Her damage output in either JL is significantly less than her "cuts off DD's hand" feat. But yes, I would generally agree that she should be able to hurt him, and that she most definitely should be able to blitz him. She actually does blitz him a few times in the SC, but she of course forgets that otherwise-useful ability a number of times because she's more into dramatic tension and slapping her bracelets together. I halfway think that the SC was just a marketing placement for replica Diana's bracelets.

For instance - the famous (and excellent) scene with the hostages: when the head douche grabs for the gun, Diana, instead of running back to block a bunch of bullets with her jewelry, could have crossed the shorter distance and just punched the dude's head off, and not take any risk at all with the lives of the hostages. Let's say that she did all of that, when Head Douche was reloading, rather than smash the bracelets together and make an explosion that only a freaking miracle stops the building from collapsing on the people, she would have just blitzed the guy and separated arms from body. Instead, she does what she does and will now likely be sued by all of the parents for their kids' burst eardrums and jellied eyes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If she can actually hurt him. Her damage output in either JL is significantly less than her "cuts off DD's hand" feat. But yes, I would generally agree that she should be able to hurt him, and that she most definitely should be able to blitz him. She actually does blitz him a few times in the SC, but she of course forgets that otherwise-useful ability a number of times because she's more into dramatic tension and slapping her bracelets together. I halfway think that the SC was just a marketing placement for replica Diana's bracelets.

For instance - the famous (and excellent) scene with the hostages: when the head douche grabs for the gun, Diana, instead of running back to block a bunch of bullets with her jewelry, could have crossed the shorter distance and just punched the dude's head off, and not take any risk at all with the lives of the hostages. Let's say that she did all of that, when Head Douche was reloading, rather than smash the bracelets together and make an explosion that only a freaking miracle stops the building from collapsing on the people, she would have just blitzed the guy and separated arms from body. Instead, she does what she does and will now likely be sued by all of the parents for their kids' burst eardrums and jellied eyes.
    She cuts off his head in the movie. I think that counts as hurting him .

Astonishing Member

Using your powers wisely is never a thing in superhero movies. Why even suggest it?

Why doesn't the Flash carry some kind of very strong impact weapon? Why doesn't he carry some simple tunsten ball bearings. He could let them go at an opponent at close to FTL and the kinetic impact would vaporize most. No need to punch. Doesn't look that good on the screen.