Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Days of Future Past Sentinels vs. G1 Autobots!

Rather than Megatron and the Decepticons, the Sentinels from the film X-Men: DOFP invade Autobot City. Can the Autobots beat back the invaders?

No Matrix of Leadership shenanigans. All other arsenal is fair game.

Autobots: the cast of Season 1 and 2, and the 1986 movie cast (minus Wreck Gar and Wheelie)

Vs.

1,000 Sentinels (or however many there were in the final battle of the movie, as well as their carriers)

On a side note, I'd hazard to guess that the average Autobot would be comparable, if not exact, to movie Colossus in strength and durability.

I'm pretty sure Grimlock is a G1 (?). In which case it doesn't matter, he wins.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm pretty sure Grimlock is a G1 (?). In which case it doesn't matter, he wins.
    Me Grimlock G1! Me Grimlock benefit from industry dependent on 80s nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Me Grimlock G1! Me Grimlock benefit from industry dependent on 80s nostalgia!
    Me am Autobot in name only. Me have ethos of Decepticon. Only reason me no more powerful is me smoothbrain. Otherwise me give Optimus Prime, and Megatron a run for them money!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if it's season 1,2 and movie autobots, then they have access to 2 teams of combiners and omega supreme, as well as the mentioned dinobots.

not a good time for the sents.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Are we granting the Sentinels the ambiguous ability to adapt to G1 offensive tactics? Like, immunity to lasers or something?

1,000 is also a hell of a lot of opponents for the Transformers. They are quite considerably outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Are we granting the Sentinels the ambiguous ability to adapt to G1 offensive tactics? Like, immunity to lasers or something?
    Yep.

1,000 is also a hell of a lot of opponents for the Transformers. They are quite considerably outnumbered.
    Also yep, though I'm not sure how many Sentinels really were at the battle, though. To Master of Read's point though, the Autobots have more variety and various individual powers of their own.

Yep.

Also yep, though I'm not sure how many Sentinels really were at the battle, though. To Master of Read's point though, the Autobots have more variety and various individual powers of their own.
    I forget how the adaptation thing worked. I think that the Sentinels had to take a hit from whatever power before they evolved. If that is the case, then unless the Autobots are one-shotting literally every Sentinel they touch, they are going to get adapted to and crushed by sheer numbers.

Can the Sentinels self-repair? I vaguely recall some self-repair stuff?

I forget how the adaptation thing worked. I think that the Sentinels had to take a hit from whatever power before they evolved. If that is the case, then unless the Autobots are one-shotting literally every Sentinel they touch, they are going to get adapted to and crushed by sheer numbers.

the sents were specifically designed to count and adapt to mutant powers. this is due to their adaptablity being based on mystique's mutant cells. not sure if they work on anything that's not a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the sents were specifically designed to count and adapt to mutant powers. this is due to their adaptablity being based on mystique's mutant cells. not sure if they work on anything that's not a mutant.
    That's a very good point I had forgotten.

It's not like a generic adaptation power or system, as Read says; it's specifically somehow based around the presence of gene. (I'm not going to get into the mechanics of that being a bit screwy)

But the key point here is that they might not be able to adapt to the Autobots at all. In which case it's still not an ideal numbers game but that is a hell of lot more doable.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    It didn't seem like they were adapting to or tanking Bishop's gun (which was fueled by his powers, granted) or Warpath's knives, but then again adaptability might not mean developing the ability to tank an attack, but being able to come up with a solution to end it. The Sentinels' idea of "adapting" to Bishop's energy absorption was simply to overload him. Their idea of "adapting" to Colossus' punches was to tear him apart, etc. (Edit: though one replicated his steel skin)

So I imagine that they can still at least be pushed back or damaged/destroyed by the concussive power of the Autobots' lasers -- but I also imagine that they can armor up or simply dodge as well. The Autobots likely have heavier artillery though, like missiles and much bigger weapons. If things look too grim, we can throw in Autobot City itself and its vast array of cannons (that didn't appear to hit a single Decepticon in the movie, but I digress).

I don't know about self-repair vs. shrugging off an attack and redoubling their efforts.

Also, doing the math, there should be around ~60 or so Autobots by this point, which would mean an average of 16 Sentinels each, for whatever that's worth.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-22-2021 at 09:14 AM.

That's a very good point I had forgotten.

It's not like a generic adaptation power or system, as Read says; it's specifically somehow based around the presence of gene. (I'm not going to get into the mechanics of that being a bit screwy)

But the key point here is that they might not be able to adapt to the Autobots at all. In which case it's still not an ideal numbers game but that is a hell of lot more doable.
    there are a few moments in the first and last battle where the sents are adapting to each mutant's power in turn. so can't really say if they could adapt to cybertonian tech or energon.

also, the sents are double the size of a average human. G1 transformers tower over humans, depending on the transformer. bubblebee, huffer, gears and cliffjumper were the smallest autobots and they were probably double the size of a regular human.

the dinobots were regularly about as big as the bigger bots. superior and defensor were combiners and thus bigger than them. and omega supreme was massive compared to even devastator, sizing issues notwithstanding.

Rather than Megatron and the Decepticons, the Sentinels from the film X-Men: DOFP invade Autobot City. Can the Autobots beat back the invaders?

No Matrix of Leadership shenanigans. All other arsenal is fair game.

Autobots: the cast of Season 1 and 2, and the 1986 movie cast (minus Wreck Gar and Wheelie)

Vs.

1,000 Sentinels (or however many there were in the final battle of the movie, as well as their carriers)

On a side note, I'd hazard to guess that the average Autobot would be comparable, if not exact, to movie Colossus in strength and durability.
    All I know is, this ends with Starscream betraying Megatron.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    All I know is, this ends with Starscream betraying Megatron.
    Starscream is bestest.