Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bella Swan vs Emma Frost

Bella Swan vs Emma Frost

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I guess Bella can blitz, right?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Even at her full speed, how long would it take for Bella to cross the 200’?

Because she doesn’t have any range game, does she?

So could she get there before Emma shut her brain down?

I’ve never put myself through the sparkly-books (or the sparkly-movies for that matter), so I’m really not sure how quick they are, other than ‘blur speed’.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Even at her full speed, how long would it take for Bella to cross the 200’?

Because she doesn’t have any range game, does she?

So could she get there before Emma shut her brain down?

I’ve never put myself through the sparkly-books (or the sparkly-movies for that matter), so I’m really not sure how quick they are, other than ‘blur speed’.
    They are very very fast.

Edward covers the distance of "hours of hiking," in "minutes,"

Bella is noted as having reactions where she's noted of reacting to stuff and having thought processes working in 1/8th of a second and 1/64th of a second. They routinely do blink-movement stuff and vanish from human perceptions.

100 feet is not a lot of distance and Emma will be in her squishy human form by default so, assuming she has normal human-ish reaction time, I think a blitz is pretty likely.

That’s fine. I just didn’t have the speed reference.

Also, I have literally no idea why I said 200’.

That’s fine. I just didn’t have the speed reference.

Also, I have literally no idea why I said 200’.
    Sparkly Vampire series turns your brain off?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Isn't Bella supposed to be immune to telepathy? Or was that just to show that her brain only produces white noise?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Isn't Bella supposed to be immune to telepathy? Or was that just to show that her brain only produces white noise?
    She kind of has immunity to different vampire abilities, or something like that. Not sure how it would translate to 'regular' telepathy.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I also don’t know if there are any vamp-paths on the same level as a higher-end Marvel TP-er to which she could actually demonstrate adequate resistance feats.

She just needs to not get shut down for the (small) amount of time between Emma starting to react and Bella reaching her.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh, I’m absolutely on-board with the blitz happening. I was just referring to the immunity statement.

Oh, I’m absolutely on-board with the blitz happening. I was just referring to the immunity statement.
    You nailed it, really. Nobody in the movies/books displays anything close to Emma's level of skill and power with psychic stuff, so I would argue that whether or not Bella's power works on non-vampire abilities is moot - it doesn't have the feats to stop Emma from getting in.
    Why are we here?

She was immune to Vampire powers, not telepathy in general.

She still gets the blitz though.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Even granting that her immunity only works on vampire telepathy and/or isn't sufficient to deal with the former White Queen's telepathic power level, does Emma's Telepathy have any feats of working on someone who seems incapable of actual thought?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Even granting that her immunity only works on vampire telepathy and/or isn't sufficient to deal with the former White Queen's telepathic power level, does Emma's Telepathy have any feats of working on someone who seems incapable of actual thought?
    I just snorted reading this.