View Poll Results: Which X-Books do you actively purchase each month as they are released?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men

80 62.50%
  • X-Force

53 41.41%
  • X-Factor

64 50.00%
  • Marauders

59 46.09%
  • Excalibur

47 36.72%
  • New Mutants

64 50.00%
  • Wolverine

33 25.78%
  • Cable

30 23.44%
  • S.W.O.R.D.

75 58.59%
  • Hellions

72 56.25%
  • Children of the Atom

38 29.69%
  • X-Men Legends

31 24.22%
  • Giant Size

46 35.94%
  • Only select issues, arcs, or events of any title(s)

8 6.25%
  • NONE (if so, comment as to why)

12 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

It is funny to see what an outlier we are, demographically. We love us some SWORD, Hellions and X-Factor and are all like, "Cable & Wolverine, who?"

I suspect we are not the laser-focused 'correct' target audience of the company giving us Cable and Wolverine in two or three titles each month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is funny to see what an outlier we are, demographically. We love us some SWORD, Hellions and X-Factor and are all like, "Cable & Wolverine, who?"

I suspect we are not the laser-focused 'correct' target audience of the company giving us Cable and Wolverine in two or three titles each month.
    Hey, at least we're in the 10% or whatever it was of the audience who will appreciate the X-Men putting on a big gay fashion show.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    6 months ago. Easy to lose track of time at the moment!
    I'll tick that then. I think I might be responsible for keeping the comic industry's broken sales model afloat.

To think I gave up Magic: The Gathering because it was too expensive/took up too much space/time.

The only book I'm not getting is Wolverine because I never liked the guy.

In order of enjoyment:
    1. S.W.O.R.D.: Ewing is king. I nearly love everything he does.
    2. Hellons: The brightest joy. So funny. So sick. How has Wells able to make Nanny of all people a star?
    3. X-Factor: I'm living my LGBTQ+ fantasy here. Just wish it had a different artist.
    4. X-Men: I want more from Hickman. Title is steady falling from its great heights.
    5. New Mutants: Ayala has improved the title by leaps and bonds.
    6. Marauders: I'm growing bore with Emma and her machinations; The gala betta bring it!
    7. Excalibur: A total disappointment. Most of the characters don't fit the premise & and their characterizations are off.
    8. Cable: Never cared for Cable and I care for Wi-Fi even less.
    9. X-Force: I am growing tired of the island getting attacked over and over again. And the constant dying is getting old. Oh... and I hate Beast and Kid Omega.

I get the other mini-series and specials, but I choose not to list them.

I would love to enjoy X-Factor's queerness, too, but I can't get past the art.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Yeah, if it was based on this board, Wolverine probably wouldn't even be in the top 20 most popular characters.

I'm supporting XMEN, XFactor, Hellions, Marauders, SWORD and New Mutants. I also plan to support Way of X and XCorp, and hope those characters are written well.

I'm buying all the team books but there are definite levels to how much I enjoy them. SWORD, Hellions and X Factor are easily my favourites. Then New Mutants and X-Men which are really good. I used to really like X Force but I've been steadily losing interest in it. Its boring with Krakoa constantly under attack and it doesn't feel anything like a supposed CIA book. Beast is very annoying, but hopefully the constant deaths of Kid Omega have stopped now. Excalibur has been terrible for virtually the whole run. And after being excited for Duggan after loving his Uncanny Avengers, Marauders is the biggest disappointment for me. I cant stand how everything revolves around Kitty, even when she was dead for a few issues it was still all about her. He is wasting Bishop and Iceman. His Savage Avengers hasn't been pretty hit and miss as well.

How many of ya'll buying titles you actively dislike? I'm seeing a few now and this is fascinating. Any particular reason you don't quit? Just a completionist?

I'm buying it all, even Demon Days. Haven't read anything I dislike enough to drop yet. Would've dropped Fallen Angels but it dropped itself so problem solved.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

1. Hellions - easily the best X-Book right now.

2. S.W.O.R.D. - though I have to say this crossover shit is NOT good.

3. X-Factor - I'm not in love with it but I have to support mah boi Northstar.

4. X-Men - hit or miss.

5. Children of the Atom - only the first issue because of the Hell's Belles, probably won't continue if they're no longer in it.

6. Marauders - blegh. I gave up on it but occasionally I'll get an issue. I'm distraught at the lack of Pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I'm buying it all, even Demon Days. Haven't read anything I dislike enough to drop yet. Would've dropped Fallen Angels but it dropped itself so problem solved.
    I dropped Fallen Angels. It was making me really dislike nu-Psylocke and her patronising fortune cookie wisdom. Thank God for Hellions.

X-Force could probably use a new writer if they want it to work. Ironically, Percy himself did a much better job of showing Agency-style espionage work in the issue of Wolverine where Logan disrupted the supervillain auction as Patch.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 03-23-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Thank God for Hellions.
    Here, here! Hellions is so much better than Fallen Angels could ever have aspired to be!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

None.
    Mainly because there are no comic shops around and I just lost interest in the direction Marvel has been taking their mutants.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

All of them with the exception of Children of the Atom, Cable, and S.W.O.R.D.. I will definitely be adding X-Corps, but I'm still on the fence about Way of X.

Basically waaay too many.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

X-men, X factor, X-Force, New Mutants, Hellions , Sword, Excalibur