View Poll Results: Which X-Books do you actively purchase each month as they are released?

Voters
128. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men

80 62.50%
  • X-Force

53 41.41%
  • X-Factor

64 50.00%
  • Marauders

59 46.09%
  • Excalibur

47 36.72%
  • New Mutants

64 50.00%
  • Wolverine

33 25.78%
  • Cable

30 23.44%
  • S.W.O.R.D.

75 58.59%
  • Hellions

72 56.25%
  • Children of the Atom

38 29.69%
  • X-Men Legends

31 24.22%
  • Giant Size

46 35.94%
  • Only select issues, arcs, or events of any title(s)

8 6.25%
  • NONE (if so, comment as to why)

12 9.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Still all of them, just like in the last thread.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

X-Factor and New Mutants. I'm a sucker for expressive art, character-focused stories, and multi-generational teams.

I dropped X-Men, Marauders, and Excalibur when the big schedule disruption hit. My interest had already started to lag due to pacing issues and lackluster worldbuilding, and it just didn't seem worth getting back on the treadmill after the books picked up again.

Sooo close to 100 surveyed! Can we get a couple more?

Incredible Member

I'm a "none" that's waiting for Way of X.

I did try some issues of those listed, but am currently buying none. I guess I'm not that big a fan of Hixmanverse.

Amazing Member

I chose None...initially when Hickman came on board with House of X + Powers of X I was very intrigued by what he was bringing to the table like Claremont, Morrison, Whedon. Initially I found HoX more interesting than PoX. I also thought this was going to be a more concentrated & focused stories between a few books and slowly build on that, but I feel like there has been a repeat of the past of just throwing out various books just to make a quick buck managed by various writers instead of it being totally managed by Hickman himself. Now it just seems like a total mess with a few books less interesting than the next. The concept of Krakoa and having its heroÂ’s and villainÂ’s (some worse than others) living in harmony in some garden of eden a concept that has quickly fizzled out. Some plots have been more interesting than others, but not enough to make me purchase any books. One thing I canÂ’t stand is a lot of times a lot of popular past stories keep getting recycled over and over, deaths mean nothing and donÂ’t have any meaning anymore, and the constant release of books that have no real identity or purpose has caused me to step away. Hopefully things and stories will improve by Hickman taking full control and reeling the X-line back down to 5 core books or so

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I have so far picked up every issue that has come out of the X-Office since Hickman took over. I've been ordering books thru DCBS since 2012 and have gotten used to getting my books once a month. I'm always behind in reading the actual floppies but I come here to get the previews and reviews to keep me current. I'm loving the overall experience that Hickman and all the creatives are giving us right now and I'm looking forward to this continuing for however many years that we can get. When I eventually stop buying comics, my last purchase will be an X-Men book.

I even picked up Deadpool even though he's no longer considered part of the line. Oh, and the Juggernaut mini. The only book that has disappointed me so far is Excalibur but not enough to quit it. I was very hesitant to pick up Children of the Atom and I'm not convinced I'm going to like it long term but the first issue was good. I'm picking up X-Corp and Way of X but I'm not that excited about Tini Howard at all. I just haven't been impressed with her previous works. I'm definitely not picking up the Demon Days mini. The art and story don't do it for me. So far, that's the first strong no from the X-Line and it has nothing to do with Hickman's overall story.

Excalibur and X-Corp are the only books that I might end up dropping in the future if they don't wow me.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Their needs to be 1 more poll question, cause for me I am Getting ALL of Them!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

X-Men, Hellions and X-Force are my favorites. Reading SWORD and Excalibur too, but really, I could drop those at any given time.

Giant-Size finished already right? If there's more - and by Hickman - I might buy. Will get the upcoming Planet-Size issue too.

Sorry, I only get 15 categories. You'll just have to check all the boxes if you're getting everything.

Giant size as a concept tends to be recurring moreso than say a miniseries, has been released within the last 6 months and isn't canceled technically. Could be more coming out down the line this year.

If you're getting Demon Days add to comments.

Looks like the top contenders for popularity are S.W.O.R.D., Hellions, and X-Men.

We should repeat this poll in the fall once Way of X and X-Corp are underway a while.

Do you think X-titles have hit saturation yet? Will anything besides Cable be signing off?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I chose None...initially when Hickman came on board with House of X + Powers of X I was very intrigued by what he was bringing to the table like Claremont, Morrison, Whedon. Initially I found HoX more interesting than PoX. I also thought this was going to be a more concentrated & focused stories between a few books and slowly build on that, but I feel like there has been a repeat of the past of just throwing out various books just to make a quick buck managed by various writers instead of it being totally managed by Hickman himself. Now it just seems like a total mess with a few books less interesting than the next. The concept of Krakoa and having its heroÂ’s and villainÂ’s (some worse than others) living in harmony in some garden of eden a concept that has quickly fizzled out. Some plots have been more interesting than others, but not enough to make me purchase any books. One thing I canÂ’t stand is a lot of times a lot of popular past stories keep getting recycled over and over, deaths mean nothing and donÂ’t have any meaning anymore, and the constant release of books that have no real identity or purpose has caused me to step away. Hopefully things and stories will improve by Hickman taking full control and reeling the X-line back down to 5 core books or so
    I agree with you about the Hickman effect. Dude should have personally scripted out the concepts for maybe 3-4 books where he can play with 2 big ideas, and they can really clean house by getting rid of the other X-Men writers. Behind the scenes they can recruit fresher, writing talent. Tini might be the best of what they have now. I predicted that the whole X-Men line would slide right back towards trash, but I never expected it to happen while he was still with them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    If you're getting Demon Days add to comments.
    It was different and I got the first issue just to see. I liked it, but the issue about Mariko (or Black Widow?) doesn't look as interesting to me so it will probably depend on whether it comes out on a week that has a bunch of stuff I already want, or a 'light' week where I'm stalking the shelves for anything to read...

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Sorry, I only get 15 categories. You'll just have to check all the boxes if you're getting everything.
    Got Your Suggestion AppleJ, Thanks, That is exactly what I did!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Every single one. Yes, I know. Shocking. Considering I hate most of it.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

None, because I don't read comics anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I agree with you about the Hickman effect. Dude should have personally scripted out the concepts for maybe 3-4 books where he can play with 2 big ideas, and they can really clean house by getting rid of the other X-Men writers. Behind the scenes they can recruit fresher, writing talent. Tini might be the best of what they have now. I predicted that the whole X-Men line would slide right back towards trash, but I never expected it to happen while he was still with them.
    Tini one of the best? well...