Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mjölnir was destroyed after it was tossed into the sun.

Never mind that that's ignoring that it's been on the Sun or in a star multiple times, hell, even was in the same run written by the same author... but what's consistency?
    Does feel a bit like a certain writer saying “If Jane can’t have it, no-one can!”

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Mjölnir was destroyed after it was tossed into the sun.

Never mind that that's ignoring that it's been on the Sun or in a star multiple times, hell, even was in the same run written by the same author... but what's consistency?
    Thor, and a ton of other gods, were just living in the sun while waiting to die in that one arc. Like, no problems at all.

Lack of consistency is pretty much the prevalent theme in comics. It's understandable, to some extent, when writers change. But when a writer does it to himself?

In Thor-land, this isn't exactly new - all the way back in the JIM days, when Stan Lee basically created the guy to be "better than Superman", over one several-issue span, Thor beats up Ego (Ego was dominating a galaxy at the time), pimp-slaps a galactic-level society intent on stealing Earth... and also struggles with Mongoose in a wrestling match.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Does feel a bit like a certain writer saying “If Jane can’t have it, no-one can!”
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Nooooooooooo. Can't be that.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Jane says, "I'm done with Odinson"
    He treats me like a mortal"
    She hides the thunder hammer
    Says, "I don't owe him nothing,
    But if he comes back again
    Tell him to wait right here for me or,
    Try again Ragnorak
    I'm gonna kick Ragnorak
    I'm gonna kick Ragnorak"

Astonishing Member

Anyone remember when Odin sent Thor to a cluster of planets inhabited by supersized giants. Thor hit one on the hand with the ol' hammer and the giant scratched the bug bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Anyone remember when Odin sent Thor to a cluster of planets inhabited by supersized giants. Thor hit one on the hand with the ol' hammer and the giant scratched the bug bite.
    That was a reference to the Norse myth where Thor basically wrecked the world behind illusions put up by Utgard-Loki (not to be confused with Loki). At one time he attempted to wake/kill a giant travelling with them to Utgard-Loki's castle (it was UL in disguise), and swung at his head with Mjolnir while he feigned sleep. Using magic, the blows landed on mountains and smashed them, but the giant just waved his hand as if it were a bug bite as he slept.