Spectacular Member

Default Eternals and Olympians: What’s the Connection?

Hey, it’s been a while, but now I’m back and I have a question for all Marvel fans.

How exactly are the Eternals connected to the Olympians?

From what I have seen they aren't. Just a few cases if mistaken identity. They did all fight each other in thor.

Galaxies Wanderer

I realized like... yesterday that the Gilgamesh that I saw in Gods of War II was the same in the Eternals.
    It was a pretty random connection to my mind, to be honest... but still haven't searched about what happened

Spectacular Member

There was an issue of Incredible Hercules where Herc had an encounter with Ikaris and Thena. What was that about?

Astonishing Member

IIRC from a meta-perspective, the Eternals were originally supposed to be the Olympians from a sci-fi "gods are actually aliens" perspective that the MCU has. Eventually, they decided to just use a more faithful depiction but kept the Eternals around.

Nothing really, Olympia, Zuras, Ikaris then Olympus, Zeus, Hercules, there was a storyline in the Mighty Thor somewhere between issues 175 and 200 where the Eternals and the Olympians clashed.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think this section of Marvel Wiki explains it pretty well.

Astonishing Member

That doesn't really address the real world meta in regards to what Kirby actually intended to do with them or how later writers such as Mark Grunewald tried to integrate them into the shared Marvel Universe.

Case of mistaken identity? Some humans worshipped the Eternals on accident thinking they were the Greek gods? If I was a Greek god I'd be pissed that someone is stealing my adoration.