Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, why did the two characters who got repeatedly screwed over by editorial never got an ongoing?
    What he said.. The Stupid Editorial.

I'm guessing editorial but also no one would buy it. Don't mean shade to the characters but when the characters do appear in an issue they don't exactly hike up sales, that or I see a lot of people who "don't wanna give DC their money" rage because they don't featured their favorite characters extensively but then sharing links to "download", so doesn't exactly translate to sales with that culture going on atm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I'm guessing editorial but also no one would buy it. Don't mean shade to the characters but when the characters do appear in an issue they don't exactly hike up sales, that or I see a lot of people who "don't wanna give DC their money" rage because they don't featured their favorite characters extensively but then sharing links to "download", so doesn't exactly translate to sales with that culture going on atm.
    If they had proper backing, I'm sure they'd sell well enough. Both of their Batgirl books were well received

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    If they had proper backing, I'm sure they'd sell well enough. Both of their Batgirl books were well received
    It was years ago. None of them were Batgirl in over a decade.
    Barbra is the most popular batgirl, for better or worse, and even her sales weren't very good.
    It's clear that DC are hoping that if they'll have all the batgirls fanbases it would be enough to support the new batgirls book. But since Barbra won't really be batgirl there, that's not even sure.
    It's even weirder since Barbra is going to have a movie and the Gotham knights video game this year. So her not being the main batgirl is a very strange synergy.

Anyway, it seems that DC are pairing Cass snd Steph with Barbra and Nightwing in all the upcoming solicitations.
    Last edited by Lal; 09-01-2021 at 04:19 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d rather see a new BoP, with Steph and Cass as junior operatives.
    I would rather see Cass with the Outsiders. It's a much better fit.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Anyway, it seems that DC are pairing Cass snd Steph with Barbra and Nightwing in all the upcoming solicitations.
    Only during Fear State since they're hunting down Evil Oracle number four. After that who knows.
    The immediate Nightwing book after that he's with Red Hood.

Batman will be leaving Gotham, so if they don't have a book by then, that leaves Detective, Nightwing, and Urban Legends as a possible place since Babs are going to continue to be in Nightwing with their relationship only just developing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Only during Fear State since they're hunting down Evil Oracle number four. After that who knows.
    The immediate Nightwing book after that he's with Red Hood.

Batman will be leaving Gotham, so if they don't have a book by then, that leaves Detective, Nightwing, and Urban Legends as a possible place since Babs are going to continue to be in Nightwing with their relationship only just developing.
    The solicitations also paired together in Urban legends 10, or am I wrong?

I assume that their new book would debut in December, and that would leave all the main bat-fam members with a book (except for Tim). Just wondering if it would be a limited series or an ongoing.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I assume that their new book would debut in December, and that would leave all the main bat-fam members with a book (except for Tim). Just wondering if it would be a limited series or an ongoing.

Oh I don't remember the one in Urban Legends #10

Oh that's a holiday one.

I was thinking on where they're gonna go after the crossover, so holiday episode kinda don't count for me since they're usually continuity free or act as a transition.

. . . I assume that their new book would debut in December . . .
    Why are you assuming that?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why are you assuming that?
    We see a pattern of 2-3 backups that are meant to attract audience and lead to a book released on the following month. We already saw it with Damian and the Robin series, and currently we see it with Red Hood and Task force Z. In November we'll have the 2 backups, so it makes sense we'll get the book in December.

We see a pattern of 2-3 backups that are meant to attract audience and lead to a book released on the following month. We already saw it with Damian and the Robin series, and currently we see it with Red Hood and Task force Z. In November we'll have the 2 backups, so it makes sense we'll get the book in December.
    But are those back-up runs a GUARANTEE of a book series to follow?

It could very well happen, but I just don't know how certain it is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But are those back-up runs a GUARANTEE of a book series to follow?

It could very well happen, but I just don't know how certain it is.
    There's no guarantee, of course, but Tynion more or less confirmed it months ago, so it seems more of a question of when than a question of if.

I do wonder if it would be an ongoing series. It seems that DC currently prefer limited series to test the water.

Tim will still be in Urban Legends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

It was years ago. None of them were Batgirl in over a decade.
    Barbra is the most popular batgirl, for better or worse, and even her sales weren't very good.
    It's clear that DC are hoping that if they'll have all the batgirls fanbases it would be enough to support the new batgirls book. But since Barbra won't really be batgirl there, that's not even sure.
    It's even weirder since Barbra is going to have a movie and the Gotham knights video game this year. So her not being the main batgirl is a very strange synergy.

Is Babs the most popular, or most well known Batgirl? There's a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is Babs the most popular, or most well known Batgirl? There's a difference.
    Both.
    ……..