Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

I really would like to see Silver join The X-Men. She’s like Cyclops and Iceman combined. 39369340-3B8E-485E-98E2-F408553A9100.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I really would like to see Silver join The X-Men. She’s like Cyclops and Iceman combined. 39369340-3B8E-485E-98E2-F408553A9100.jpg
    She's gonna need a better codename

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's gonna need a better codename
    Ice Woman? Kōri??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Long story short....sadly Asian doll /yellow fever fetish predominates Western media including comics and it MOST EVIDENT in the X-Men.
    #StopAsianHate!
    It doesn’t help that as they are trying to establish Kwannon, she is still stuck in that over specialized hand costume. They could have at least given her a variation of the Fortnite costume.

And Daken’s typical look being shirtless should also be reconsidered.
    Last edited by otipep_90; 04-09-2021 at 07:33 PM.

I'd love to see sillouhette join the X-Men. She's also got interesting powers that can be further developed.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

X-corps will include Trinary
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Yes! I love and miss her. X-Corp really is the book to watch IMO

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Sunfire is an X-Man in X-Men #01
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm really happy to see Sunfire get a chance to shine! I think Shiro has a lot of potential as a character, people hyperfocus on the fact that he is very nationalistic and tended to ragequit from the team before, but honestly while the X-Men do have missions all over the world they do tend much more involved with activities or activism inside America, England or whatever country they have a home-base in. I'm sure there are mutants in need all over the world that need more local assistance and I don't doubt that Sunfire probably helped mutants in Japan.

I think he adds an interesting dynamic to the team, in a similar way Brand thinks in SWORD. I'm very curious to see what convinced him to join Krakoa and this team in particular.

Yeah me too. Actually speaking of sword I could see him being a great fit there

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I'm really happy to see Sunfire get a chance to shine! I think Shiro has a lot of potential as a character, people hyperfocus on the fact that he is very nationalistic and tended to ragequit from the team before, but honestly while the X-Men do have missions all over the world they do tend much more involved with activities or activism inside America, England or whatever country they have a home-base in. I'm sure there are mutants in need all over the world that need more local assistance and I don't doubt that Sunfire probably helped mutants in Japan.

I think he adds an interesting dynamic to the team, in a similar way Brand thinks in SWORD. I'm very curious to see what convinced him to join Krakoa and this team in particular.
    Sunfire was a pleasant surprise for me as well!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Shang-Chis July solicits involve him having a secret mutant sister, so she may show up more as Shang-Chi becomes an A lister due to his movie.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but weren't Neal Shaara and Karima a couple for a short while?
    Yes, in Neal's origin story. Karima Shapandar was a police operative under Neal's father's command. She and Neal became lovers while searching for Neal's missing brother Sanjit. They found both Sanjit and the mutant-hating Bastion, who accidentally triggered Neal's mutant powers while trying to turn him into a Prime Sentinel. Bastion turned Karima into a mutant-killing Omega Sentinel; she told Neal to flee before her programming forced her to kill him. For more details look here:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/thund...ara/4005-5003/

The Karima who encountered Storm in Egypt was a different character:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/karima/4005-15096/

Does anyone know if Karima Shapandar and Neal Shaara have ever met again? I wish they'd touch base with each other; IMHO they'd both benefit from closure.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 05-08-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Yes. Karima Shapandar was a police operative under Neal's father's command. She and Neal became lovers while searching for Neal's missing brother Sanjit. They found both Sanjit and the mutant-hating Bastion, who accidentally triggered Neal's mutant powers while trying to turn him into a Prime Sentinel. Bastion turned Karima into a mutant-killing Omega Sentinel; she told Neal to flee before her programming forced her to kill him. For more details look here:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/thund...ara/4005-5003/

The Karima who encountered Storm in Egypt was a different character:
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/karima/4005-15096/

Does anyone know if Karima Shapandar and Neal Shaara have ever met again? I wish they'd touch base with each other; IMHO they'd both benefit from closure.
    Given that Karima joined Orchis, he'd be a great foil for her. Former lovers on the opposite sides of a conflict.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Arguments about why poc shouldn't be limited to black characters aside... I think what you as the OP might should be asking is, why aren't the available Asian characters being used more? If you are not as overly familiar with the X or even Marvel library and are a more casual fan you may not have known any existed outside of Jubilee and Psylocke who have achieved mainstream fame. And Psylocke was more seen as the body half of a character who had the mind of an English woman half the time. So I can see where this may be why you feel this way.