Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Warriors- a reunion of her iteration of the new warriors from volume 4. Most of them were depowered mutants who used tech to fake powers.
    oh God please not the return of Wondra lol anddufng most of that lineup die? With the exception of Chamber and Jubilee
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    oh God please not the return of Wondra lol anddufng most of that lineup die? With the exception of Chamber and Jubilee
    Does that really matter? Couldn't they just come back through Krakoa?

Beak and Angel Salvatore are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    LET THEM KNOW. If y’all could pick another book for Jubes to be in, what would it be?
    I'd love something brand new and fresh. Build a team around her with some old and some new character interactions. For all her longevity, there's so many characters that I don't think Jubilee has had any substantial interaction with.

And while I like Shogo because it showed a willingness to grow the character by forever changing her status quo, there needs to be more to her than just being a mum.
    Last edited by DoubleB; 04-06-2021 at 11:16 AM.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jubilee in SWORD. I think she needs to be off earth to let her powers cut loose. It'd be cool to see her detonate some space ships at the sub-atomic level.

Does that really matter? Couldn't they just come back through Krakoa?

Beak and Angel Salvatore are back.
    yeah powered up...I'm just but getting why a buncha formerly deoowered Mutant vigilantes would link back up
    GrindrStone(D)

yeah powered up...I'm just but getting why a buncha formerly deoowered Mutant vigilantes would link back up
    Nostalgia. They survived something terrible and became a network of support for each other when Krakoa was created.

Warriors- a reunion of her iteration of the new warriors from volume 4. Most of them were depowered mutants who used tech to fake powers.
    If memory serves, Night Thrasher let the members of his New Warriors team keep their tech suits when NW vol. 4 ended. So technically Jubilee should still be in possession of the Wondra suit (which was, objectively, the best of the team’s tech).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Nostalgia. They survived something terrible and became a network of support for each other when Krakoa was created.
    Not all of them survived
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleB View Post
    Despite her poster girl status back in the day, it's baffling how little they do with Jubilee. Where's her love interests? Where's her villains with personal vendettas?
    They kinda just stuck her with a kid and threw her in a corner.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Sounds like my 2nd marriage
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Ah, yes. Have a female character don't know what to do with her ? Giver her a kid

Not all of them survived
    Doesn't matter. Krakoa could bring them back and the ones that didn't die would want to check in on them.

It's solidarity. Warriors should be a support group.

Kudos to the excalibur artist for drawing Kwannon and Jubilee in a way that they don't look like standard europeans. His art has really been improving and i appreciate it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    If memory serves, Night Thrasher let the members of his New Warriors team keep their tech suits when NW vol. 4 ended. So technically Jubilee should still be in possession of the Wondra suit (which was, objectively, the best of the team’s tech).
    It would be a riot / deep cut to see Jubilee get whammied by some anti-mutant-tech that everyone and their dog has these days, and bust out a power gauntlet and go to town with the super-strength-punches, just as dangerous without her mutant power!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I always see demand for Black character in x-book.
    How about Asians whose 60% of world population today?
    Esp. with the violence on Asians americans today.

Who are the Asians character in x-book?
    Long story short....sadly Asian doll /yellow fever fetish predominates Western media including comics and it MOST EVIDENT in the X-Men.

Asian female X-Men are many and used recurringly and prominently.....Asian male X-Men are far fewer and used far less recurringly.

Many have said this already....the Avengers side of comics have taken stronger, definitive and more evident effort towards diversity than the Xmen. Th same X-Men that preaches LOUDLY about diversity, inclusion and anti-segregation is nothing but a club of 90% white male mutants in a fantasy collection of female X-Men from all races.

#StopAsianHate!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I wasn't going to discuss it other thread but I will discuss here, When people are talking about Black characters, we are actually talking about all minorities. We are just focusing on particular one at that but we support all minorities being used more. So for clarity Aids, Cancer and Covid are all diseases. Just because we are talking about Covid doesn't mean we don't care about Aids or Cancer. Covid is just the immediate issue that we might want to talk about at the time.

Now if you don't see a demand for more Asian characters maybe there isn't one but your first impulse is to say that Asian aren't represented in US comics which is 100% correct but maybe people aren't demanding of more Asian characters because Manga is pretty successful and if you are looking for Asian representation in Manga and Anime something tells me that you will find it. I am not saying that anyone is wrong for wanting more and correct representation in US comics what I am saying is that there is a reason why people aren't as vocal about Asian representation in US comics. You might not have Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman but you definitely have Goku, Naruto and Ichigo.
    Agreed....just to flip the script .....black representation in anime and manga is worse than Asian rep (esp Asian males) in Western Media.

But this is not the place for that discussion.

#StopAsianHate!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Phenomena isn't distributed equal tho. How many 7 footers are they in the world?

How many of those 7 footers come from Asia? This is the point I am not saying this because I disagree with you but because we use population data like when I say I want to realistic number of minorities in books. They go "You guys are minorities in the US, they should be less of you". So while you and me are correct they should clearly be more based on population data. Creators aren't creating characters using race data there is no reason why couldn't be more Asians or any minorities in books.

So in this case better example is the NBA is in the US and it is 73% black and 18 percent white. In the NFL 68% Black and 28% White. Lets not get too caught up in numbers they are plenty reason of why a group in something can have way higher amount than general population.
    You mention facts of real life reality which is all fine and dandy but we are talking about a fictional world here- The X-Men.m... this fictional world whose PRIMARY theme is and has been touting and shouting about diversity, inclusion and anti-segregation so it's anyone's wonder how the vast majority of the characters are white.

The X-Men can certainly do better to meet its theme of self proclaimed wokeness!!