Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Can you people stop derailing the thread with Black vs Asian discussion or saying something along the lines of "actually there are quite a lot of Asian characters stop asking for more".
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Can you people stop derailing the thread with Black vs Asian discussion or saying something along the lines of "actually there are quite a lot of Asian characters stop asking for more".
    Should ask the OP that...he or she didn't have to mention black rep as a juxtaposition.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Should ask the OP that...he or she didn't have to mention black rep as a juxtaposition.
    You don't have to take OP's bait.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    You don't have to take OP's bait.
    What is this 4chan?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 02:33 AM.

I would definitely love to see more of a spotlight on Asian characters in the xmen. Hopefully less orientalist too, like not everyone needs to have a samurai sword or talk endlessly about honour

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I would definitely love to see more of a spotlight on Asian characters in the xmen. Hopefully less orientalist too, like not everyone needs to have a samurai sword or talk endlessly about honour
    For all that Claremont has made some genuine seeming attempts at representation in his time, he was just as mired as Frank Miller and others in all that tropey ninjas and bushido bullshit. It's like if every British character was dressed like an Austin Powers character or Beefeater (though probably we deserve a bit of a ribbing).

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

This thread, although valid, did not need to be made with intention of silencing black voices. I understand that comics lack a lot of representation but talk abt asian characters separately from black characters. I can huff and puff art the lack of Latine or indigenous characters but brining up black characters unless I'm mentioning afro Latines or afro indigenous it shouldn't be involved.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I always see demand for Black character in x-book.
    How about Asians whose 60% of world population today?
    Esp. with the violence on Asians americans today.

Who are the Asians character in x-book?
    What a GREAT idea, who has inspired you to create such a threat?

On topic: Yeah there are very few. Only Kwannon, Karma and Jubilee are on core teams at the moment and Asia is so much more that China and Japan.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

You can support Asian inclusion with out being anti black !!!!!!

Also If we are going based on US racial formations it would be Asian and Pacific Islander representation in books.

Mondo
    Hijack ( I can’t help but wonder If he is south East Asian or Pacific Islander )
    Time slip
    Haven
    Monsoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Pretty tacky to bring up Black rep as some sort of comparison tbh.

*regular appearances in an X-Book
    VERY tacky, as if both can’t get representation and as if both groups don’t experience hate crimes.

Onto the characters being regularly featured, unfortunately I only feel like Psylocke, Daken, Wiz Kid, and Karma (now that Vita took over) are getting focus and character exploration in their books. Also do we know Daycrawler’s ethnicity?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What a GREAT idea, who has inspired you to create such a threat?

On topic: Yeah there are very few. Only Kwannon, Karma and Jubilee are on core teams at the moment and Asia is so much more that China and Japan.
    This is my side.
    I am not anti-black. I just mentioned that asian characteres who are majority pf the world populations are less in X books.(krakoans are now representing the whole populations of mutants.
    Also when they mentioned Asians mostly Japanesse is in X books. India and China alone composed of 67% of total Asian populations.
    I think it is only Jubilee , and xorn (i am confuse with him as magneto) are Chinese.

Astonishing Member

It'd be interesting to see how the Chinese government treats its mutant population. I seem to recall a story in Marvel Comics Presents that starred the Collective Man and I believe it briefly touched up on this topic, though i can't remember if it was mutants or mutates.

Ultimate Member

I agree we shouldn't pit PoC against one another.

A lot of the depictions do come off as orientalist. Not every Asian character needs to be a ninja or a samurai. I think the comics could use more Asian characters on the tech or mystical side of things, without making them into stereotypes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Spinster was being nice and left out all the support characters from the Wolverine-kun manga like Mariko, Yukio, his daughter and Ogun.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    It'd be interesting to see how the Chinese government treats its mutant population. I seem to recall a story in Marvel Comics Presents that starred the Collective Man and I believe it briefly touched up on this topic, though i can't remember if it was mutants or mutates.
    There's supposed a story from pre-AvX story where they found out China tried its own Weapon Plus program.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    This is my side.
    I am not anti-black. I just mentioned that asian characteres who are majority pf the world populations are less in X books.(krakoans are now representing the whole populations of mutants.
    Also when they mentioned Asians mostly Japanesse is in X books. India and China alone composed of 67% of total Asian populations.
    I think it is only Jubilee , and xorn (i am confuse with him as magneto) are Chinese.
    Are you also complaining how most Asian literature/media don't include Latino, black or queer people? Very telling you'd try and turn it into an Asian vs Black thing.