Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Can you people stop derailing the thread with Black vs Asian discussion or saying something along the lines of "actually there are quite a lot of Asian characters stop asking for more".
    Then the initial post should not have mentioned black people at all. The creator of this thread started that topic and so far has been the only one who made it a vs. stating facts in a debate isn't derailing
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeaaaah the whole vibe of this thread is icky....
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    No one was playing oppression olympics until the OP decided to be ignorant.

Of course, diversity is the goal. No one said anything against any comment against prominent asian representation.
    The point is the silencing of black readers on black characters.

The OP derailed the thread before it even started.
    Then why did you even mention there being a "plethora of Asian characters already"? What was that supposed to mean other than "we have enough Asian characters so stop complaining"?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Then the initial post should not have mentioned black people at all. The creator of this thread started that topic and so far has been the only one who made it a vs. stating facts in a debate isn't derailing
    Ok, but why can't we stop it at "we need BOTH, don't pit them against each other". As OopsIdiditagain said, saying something along the lines of "actually there are quite a lot of Asian characters stop asking for more" isn't productive and adds nothing to the convo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    As a black man I've said the same. We need more asian representation. We can start by having artist stop making asians look white and the only reason we know they are asian is because of a name or they overdo it with the costume.
    yeah, it took me years to realize Jubilee is Chinese-American. Drawing them as European and then making them wear an Orientalist costume doesn't work.

As for this whole thread, everyone, let's focus on Asian representation here, and drop the "Black vs. Asian" business. It helps no one.

Also quite simply closed mouths don't get fed. That is something that the asian community needs to get in front of. Everybody wants to be represented but you have to also make yourself heard which i know is a cultural thing. But it is something they must confront.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    yeah, it took me years to realize Jubilee is Chinese-American. Drawing them as European and then making them wear an Orientalist costume doesn't work.
    I knew she was Asian pretty early on. Her name kinda clued me in....and fireworks We had just learned about the Chinese inventing them......few Saturdays later I saw the X-Men cartoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    As for this whole thread, everyone, let's focus on Asian representation here, and drop the "Black vs. Asian" business. It helps no one.
    Ehhhh it's kinda hard when the OPs opening line is dismissive of other people asking for representation.

But i am happy WizKid is getting some shine
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-24-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by TraneTrax View Post
    Senyaka is another good candidate for the Hellions. It's more because I love his design and his power, but he's virtually a blanks state. He has a bit of the vampire thing going on with his powers as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Yes! Senyaka! Love him! When someone asked me to make my own xmen team I just had to include him. I would definitely love to see more
    Agreed and agreed. Senyaka is such a visually interesting character and there's so much we can learn about him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhhh it's kinda hard when the OPs opening line is dismissive of other people asking for representation.

But i am happy WizKid is getting some shine
    I agree with you. I'm just saying we stop encouraging that kind of talk and steer the thread in the right direction.

Wiz Kid has been pretty awesome in S.W.O.R.D.

I think he and Kwannon have been the break-out Asian characters in Dawn of X. I hope both continue to be used for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Then why did you even mention there being a "plethora of Asian characters already"? What was that supposed to mean other than "we have enough Asian characters so stop complaining"?

Ok, but why can't we stop it at "we need BOTH, don't pit them against each other". As OopsIdiditagain said, saying something along the lines of "actually there are quite a lot of Asian characters stop asking for more" isn't productive and adds nothing to the convo.
    All I'm hearing is "Okay BUT-"

Okay but NOTHING, you're trying to put a bandaid on a ridiculous and offensive thread opening and everyone can clearly see the what the OP was trying to do so miss me with the "LETS DO BOTH".

Both can be done but ONE does not have to SILENCE the other in the midst of getting to the destination of having a diverse x-verse and there was NOTHING wrong with my comment, there are asian characters in the x-verse, I wasn't telling anyone to NOT VOICE their desire for a want to see MORE asian representation and I'm sure you know that.

Please do not try to reverse what the OP did and find a problem with what I said because I wasn't offending anyone nor silencing anyone unlike the opening post.

actually there are quite a lot of Asian characters stop asking for more
    Ain't NOBODY said that, pal.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 03-24-2021 at 12:30 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

How did Senyaka even come back (pre-Hickman) from Magneto killing them in Fatal Attractions?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    How did Senyaka even come back (pre-Hickman) from Magneto killing them in Fatal Attractions?
    Supposedly, "Senyaka survived, however, by siphoning the life energy from agents of the international law enforcement agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D. who had recovered Senyaka's body."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think it is save to say both Asian characters as well as black characters need to be represented more. Let's not go all the way into how this can be seen as we all know that this is, BOTH need to get more in the voor teams.

Now with Jubilee, Kwannon, Wiz-Kid, Daycrawler, Armor and Karma on core teams as Asians and Storm, Bishop, Synch, Cece Reyes, Gimmick, Darwin, Prodigy as black characters on core teams, things are improving on both sides, but not enough yet. They need to improve.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think it is save to say both Asian characters as well as black characters need to be represented more. Let's not go all the way into how this can be seen as we all know that this is, BOTH need to get more in the voor teams.

Now with Jubilee, Kwannon, Wiz-Kid, Daycrawler, Armor and Karma on core teams as Asians and Storm, Bishop, Synch, Cece Reyes, Gimmick, Darwin, Prodigy as black characters on core teams, things are improving on both sides, but not enough yet. They need to improve.
    CeCe isnt a member on any core team. She's appeared alot more in this era but only as a supporting character where medical staff is needed. I also wouldnt say Synch and Darwin are either

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

Hindsight (Nathaniel Carver) is half-Korean, his father is a Caucasian while his mother is Korean as seen in the flashback from 2017 Generation X.

There are also Singaporean mutants who worshiped Magneto in X-Men vs Avengers mini-series. Their names are Light, Slider, Crawler and Leiko Tan (though the name 'Leiko' sound more Japanese than Chinese).

As for the non-mutant Asians, Tyger Tiger (Jessan Hoan) is believed to be Singaporean with an inaccurate vaguely Chinese name. Her name should have been 'Jessica Wong' or Jessica Ong' since some Chinese Singaporeans have Westernized given names and Chinese surnames like 'Kevin Kwan' the author of Crazy Rich Asians.

P.S. I am from Singapore, though I might be too inaccurate at times.
    Last edited by MitchFox; 03-24-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo