Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Based on the number of seats at Superman's table, the team is going to have more members than initially advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Based on the number of seats at Superman's table, the team is going to have more members than initially advertised.
    The table has 12 seats and they are 8 members announced. So we got 4 spots unaccounted for.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    This should be an ongoing.
    Wasn't this the original plan before Didio got sacked?

*written by someone else of course*

Astonishing Member

Now that I think about it Superman is the only non human on this team right?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The table has 12 seats and they are 8 members announced. So we got 4 spots unaccounted for.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if the team adds some people once they end up on Warworld
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The New 52 Superman and the Rebirth Superman did indeed merge and the post-Death Metal history now has everyone remembering all their various incarnations, so this Superman is the New 52 version, but he's also the Rebirth version, the Byrne Superman, the Pre-Crisis Superman and so on. There's no divisions between the characters anymore. He's just Superman.

That said, Morrison is clearly picking up the characterization that was used during their New 52 run.
    Speaking of, if we have to go the route in the mainline that Jon is "special", my best hope would be a situation where they reveal the two Supermen should have never merged. That Mxy was wrong and that they're separate incarnations merged together, or maybe even more, that is an anomaly. And that's why in this timeline, Jon is so powerful. He's the son of this unnatural amalgamation. Then separate them so we can have a "young" Earth counterpart. I'll never stop stumping for that, as fruitless as it may be.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Speaking of, if we have to go the route in the mainline that Jon is "special", my best hope would be a situation where they reveal the two Supermen should have never merged. That Mxy was wrong and that they're separate incarnations merged together, or maybe even more, that is an anomaly. And that's why in this timeline, Jon is so powerful. He's the son of this unnatural amalgamation. Then separate them so we can have a "young" Earth counterpart. I'll never stop stumping for that, as fruitless as it may be.
    Quite frankly stuff like that is exactly what you don’t want. An insanely convoluted and idiotic origin that will leave the reader scratching their head is not the most enticing way to get readers on board. Honestly the less convoluted and better option is either making an Earth 52 ongoing that stars the New 52 Superman around the time of Darkseid War, except he manages to save himself instead of dying somehow, or that the upcoming “Elseworld” series will debut a new Superman for its Earth that will be more to your taste.

But let’s say they did what you wanted and divided them: where does New 52 Superman even go? E0 has left him behind. He can’t date WW, or be on the League, or live in Metropolis, or even have a secret identity anymore! That particular incarnation of Superman is over, I’d love to see an E52 take by Pak or someone who could work on him without idiotic editorial mandates, but the E0 version just doesn’t have a place anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, speaking hypothetically as to the idea, I wouldn't keep it like that. I'd do a reset and relaunch right after that where those convoluted happenings no longer happened. Just like COIE or Flashpoint, generally speaking. E-0 Superman is just Superman. His son is just his son. Other Superman is just other Superman, etc. As for where the other Superman would go, ideally a new Earth-1. My hope has always been Earth-0 and Earth-1. Where Earth-0 plays the role of E-Two in the old days, the seasoned, older vets. Earth-1 plays the role of the original Earth-One, younger heroes. One line is for classic status quos and "moving forward" with age. The other is for doing things like the New 52 was originally envisioned as. That's my ultimate idea, but obviously that wouldn't be an idea everyone would love. I just think its optimal for today and something from the past worthy of revisiting.

That said the reality is I understand its something they probably have zero interest in.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2021 at 10:49 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

At this point mucking with Superman’s origin again is just not a good idea. Create a new version of your guy that has all the same continuity, he just never died, that would be an easier way to do it. But no more messing with E0 continuity, it’s just not a good way to start off a new take. It’s a pipe dream either way though so I’ll let you have your fantasy of reclaiming Superbro from Tomasi & Jurgens

Definitely a pipe dream. But that's what a lot of us hang onto now, whether its someone like me who doesn't like all this legacy and aging, or whether its people who want verbatim Rebirth back or whatever. These things aren't going to happen but we can hope and theorize. Theorizing is always half the fun whether realistic or not.

I prefer Superbro over what we have now as well, but yeah, trying to fix things might be too difficult at this point. But hey, in my head canon Superman in this book is older Superbro and you ain't convincing me otherwise.

Well I will say this for my theory though, the idea of a big event written by a superstar writer that does the "what you thought was wrong all along" and whatnot, with the end result being rewritten elements of history, is greatly in line with the type of stuff DC likes to do. That sort of thing will happen again, and probably sooner than later. No doubts in my mind. Just won't be my particular idea. But hoping they lay off that general sort of storytelling is more of a pipedream than me hoping an idea like mine comes to fruition.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-21-2021 at 11:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I prefer Superbro over what we have now as well, but yeah, trying to fix things might be too difficult at this point. But hey, in my head canon Superman in this book is older Superbro and you ain't convincing me otherwise.
    I always thought this way and nothing's changed my mind either.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    At the very least I’m headcanoning this as how he ends up rather than how Tomasi handled it. His whole attitude here is actually a perfect endgame to this scene in Morrison Action:

He never got around to doing all the stuff he started out wanting to do, and now he’s full of regret over it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well, speaking hypothetically as to the idea, I wouldn't keep it like that. I'd do a reset and relaunch right after that where those convoluted happenings no longer happened. Just like COIE or Flashpoint, generally speaking. E-0 Superman is just Superman. His son is just his son. Other Superman is just other Superman, etc. As for where the other Superman would go, ideally a new Earth-1. My hope has always been Earth-0 and Earth-1. Where Earth-0 plays the role of E-Two in the old days, the seasoned, older vets. Earth-1 plays the role of the original Earth-One, younger heroes. One line is for classic status quos and "moving forward" with age. The other is for doing things like the New 52 was originally envisioned as. That's my ultimate idea, but obviously that wouldn't be an idea everyone would love. I just think its optimal for today and something from the past worthy of revisiting.

That said the reality is I understand its something they probably have zero interest in.
    Nerdish talk: if you really think about it, we never got pre-New 52 Superman back from oblivion. We consider SuperDad and pre-New52 Supes one and the same because they told us so. But the mere presence of Jon puts him in a different position storywise, because pre-New 52 Supes DIDN'T have a son. The birth of Jon and his growth took place in Convergence, that is they were never really told in a complete and satisfying way. Nothing would prevent them from resurrecting Lois & Clark from Jurgens' series, tell us that Jon was their son, that regular Superman thought that he was Jon's Dad because of vibrational **** and just send them to Earth-Dick or something like that. It wouldn't be messier than what we have now.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021