Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Ultra humaite using Solomon grundy's body? I feel like I missed an issue somewhere. Which reminds me- was enchantress' issue resolved? Also, I wondered where fleur de lis had gotten too. Ice to see the team acting like a team, finally.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Ultra humaite using Solomon grundy's body? I feel like I missed an issue somewhere. Which reminds me- was enchantress' issue resolved? Also, I wondered where fleur de lis had gotten too. Ice to see the team acting like a team, finally.
    What Enchantress issue?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    That was the first few pages of issue 3. Clark convinces June to accept Enchantress and to keep fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    What Enchantress issue?
    At the end of the last issue I remember reading, the authority showed up at the sanitarium where June moon was held, and offered to help her get control of the enchantress. I don't remember if that was explored further.

It was resolved within the first few pages of the following issue. Clark saves June with a little therapy and then it's on to the next scene.

Finally read the last chapter and my opinion hasn't changed; this is yet another fantastic story from Morrison that is cheapened by the fact that they're only setting the table for a bigger story written by someone else.

I'd pay for this title to be a ongoing, and I really love the stuff Morrison introduced....but everything with Warworld kind of pulls the rug out from under it. We spend several issues with Clark talking to Black about how he wants to tackle some real problems and their root causes, get back to that Golden Age vibe.....only for the team to take off to deal with an alien armada that somebody else will be writing.

I'd pay good money for a book about an older, Golden Age Superman trying to make up for lost time and fix the problems he originally wanted to fix. I am less interested in Superman fighting Mongul on Warworld for the billionth time. Not that I don't *want* to read about Superman fighting Mongul, but that's not nearly as compelling as the return of the social crusader to me.

If the universe is kind (it isn't), when the Warworld stuff is done we'll see a new ongoing that actually delivers on the early promise of this book (we won't). But for a four issue mini that was just setup for a completely different story, Superman and the Authority is as good as it gets.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

batman-superman-authority-special-1-cover.jpg
    http://https://www.herodope.com/2021/10/29/dc-batman-superman-authority-special-1-preview/

this looks promising like a mix between the alternate universe where Ra'al Ghul rule the earth becuse batman not a thing and Warren Ellis Sliding Albion arc of Authority's
    Last edited by Venomized-spider-man; 10-29-2021 at 06:18 PM.

I'm excited to see more of the new Authority but it sucks that Batman is already directing Superman's new team.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This was batwank..i knew this was going to suck..Lo and behold!it sucks.Batman is toxic to other properties.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Did I get different preview? I saw nothing with Batman or Superman's team.

Incredible Member

Nothing with Batman or Superman or the Authority there. I'm assuming that, since it's focused on alternate universe Al Ghul's apparently killing the DC Universe and moving on to the DC Multiverse, everyone is understandably paranoid that means the Bat has once again consumed a Superman story.

Which, fair, but I'm giving this a shot.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I finally got around to reading this. I was surprised it tied into main continuity. I wonder if Grant Morrison checks the Message Boards because this sure did remind me of Tom Strong as Superman. I wish this was a 12 issue elseworlds by Morrison because I would love to read his take on Mongul and War World. The series was good, but it definitely feels like an appetizer.

I didn't pick up the the Batman issue but he seems redundant with Midnighter around.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I finally got around to reading this. I was surprised it tied into main continuity. I wonder if Grant Morrison checks the Message Boards because this sure did remind me of Tom Strong as Superman. I wish this was a 12 issue elseworlds by Morrison because I would love to read his take on Mongul and War World. The series was good, but it definitely feels like an appetizer.

I didn't pick up the the Batman issue but he seems redundant with Midnighter around.
    The Batman/Superman & The Authority one-shot is entirely redundant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    From this interview I believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL239xDBe4
    20:41 mark.

There are two ways for me to take this: the charitable way and the fanboy nerd rage way. Charitable way is that Didio came up with something he knew was terrible to force Morrison to take the book. If so God bless him, I would’ve done the same if I knew it would work. The fanboy nerd rage way is for me to scream DIDIOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT and publicly recant every single nice thing I ever said about Didio including defending him on here.

I choose to be charitable but I wouldn’t be surprised if Didio sincerely liked the other idea, remember there were four evil Supermen concurrently being published back in the 2010s? I remember.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/