Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zaslav needs to publicly apologize to Henry Cavill

I'm not a Cavill as Superman fan as posters here know. That said, allowing Henry to announce his return as Superman, contract or not, and then a month later to have Gunn announce Cavill is not Superman is total incompetence. I just saw Cavill's video announcing he was back from more than a month ago. It made me feel sad in light of what has since transpired. Who the he** at WB gave the greenlight to that?! Whomever, it falls on Zaslav more than it does on DeLuca or Gunn. Henry has been far more than gracious in his reply to his firing - Zaslav/WBD have not so far. They need to show the class Henry has shown and publicly apologize.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-18-2022 at 07:49 PM.

Yeah the way this was handled was pretty **** on WB part

It'd be a nice gesture but I wouldn't count on it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Cavill's a big boy and can speak for himself. I'll never understand this parasocial relationship the internet has with him.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I'm not a Cavill as Superman fan as posters here know. That said, allowing Henry to announce his return as Superman, contract or not, and then a month later to have Gunn announce Cavill is not Superman is total incompetence. I just saw Cavill's video announcing he was back from more than a month ago. It made me feel sad in light of what has since transpired. Who the he** at WB gave the greenlight to that?! Whomever, it falls on Zaslav more than it does on DeLuca or Gunn. Henry has been far more than gracious in his reply to his firing - Zaslav/WBD have not so far. They need to show the class Henry has shown and publicly apologize.
    You're asking for decency from corporate suits?

Good luck. Want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You're asking for decency from corporate suits?

Good luck. Want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?
    Hey if that bridge is on sale, I think I can put together some money for it. I mean I live in the UK, but you guys would be making a profit from the pound to dollar conversion rate.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

If the people before Zaslav handled things better, the new regime wouldn't have had to throw the previous crew out. Zaslav, Gunn and the other guy are just doing their jobs. Sucks for everyone else (except Miller).
    "Cable was right!"

lol

filler

Astonishing Member

He doesn't.
    There was no contract signed. They didn't even really want to bring Cavill back, it was The Rock, who literally forced studio to bring him for cameo in Black Adam. If Black Adam was succesful, I'm sure they would keep Henry. But it wasn't, so, it is, what it is. They don't owe him anything, to be quite frankly, Henry himself was refusing to come back for cameos for years.

Um if this was you and they told you to announce something then took it away in short order ,yeah you would be pissed,and everyone can see how shitty thst was.

This isn't even a Henry cavill/DC thing,it's a matter of not setting someone up just to pull the rug out from under them .
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Doesn't make a difference for loss of time in a career sense..Give the guy a role.That's actually doing something.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Are we making a list? Because Leslie Grace should probably be at the top of it.
    Assassinate Putin!

The timing of all it seemed very unorganized.
    The Rock eluded to a Superman's cameo for weeks, then Henry went live on (Instagram or Twitter) to announce he is back as Superman.
    Then Gunn announces Cavill's Superman will not be included in the new DC universe.
    Very Bizarre.
    My theories :
    A) Rock tried to flex his 'Hollywood' muscles and demand it be his way, & the studio & GUnn said.......not so fast.
    or B) Waited to see how Black Adam performed with the box office, saw it wasnt going to be a major hit.....and decided to restart it all.
    Last edited by Peyton Westlake; 01-12-2023 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling

I don't think we know enough particulars to make that statement. Who knows what went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Gunn handled things pretty well, but yeah.. Zaslav would do well to make a grand gesture for Henry, if for no other reason than to not look like a complete *ss in this whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It'd be a nice gesture but I wouldn't count on it.
    Agreed, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Venceremos View Post
    Cavill's a big boy and can speak for himself. I'll never understand this parasocial relationship the internet has with him.
    He did - he showed a lot of class. It's not parasocial to want people who show said class to be treated well. Or just everyone, in general - for basic empathy, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Are we making a list? Because Leslie Grace should probably be at the top of it.
    Ain't that the truth. And yeah, there *should* be a list, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Westlake View Post
    The timing of all it seemed very unorganized.
    The Rock eluded to a Superman's cameo for weeks, then Henry went live on (Instagram or Twitter) to announce he is back as Superman.
    Then Gunn announces Cavill's Superman will not be included in the new DC universe.
    Very Bizarre.
    My theories :
    A) Rock tried to flex his 'Hollywood' muscles and demand it be his way, & the studio & GUnn said.......not so fast.
    or B) Waited to see how Black Adam performed with the box office, saw it wasnt going to be a major hit.....and decided to restart it all.
    The stories about WB being "ruffled" by Johnson going directly to Zaslav are hilarious. It's not like those morons had any idea what they were doing, and most were on their way out, anyway. If I were Johnson, I'd have done the exact same thing. Heck, even just being me, I'd do it anyway if I had the chance - those people have proven themselves to be incapable of their jobs (hence being on the way out) and don't need a say in who talks to Zaslav without them.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/