Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

I don't really understand the "team is not formed yet" arguments. Isn't that how team origins usually go? That they officially become a team only in the last issue when they defeat the big bad of the story?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't really understand the "team is not formed yet" arguments. Isn't that how team origins usually go? That they officially become a team only in the last issue when they defeat the big bad of the story?
    I'd like less of recruiting and more seeing the unit start to play off one another. This is the first act of a team story but we're just now entering act three. It feels like Morrison is setting the table for someone else to have all the fun, which is disappointing.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Looks pretty cool . Wish this was an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I've loved these two issues. Really wish this series was at least 6 issues. Definitely hoping that someone else picks up this team concept and does an ongoing.

Grant as usual doing an amazing job of utilizing over-the-top Silver Age concepts and contemporizing them for a modern book. So few writers embrace the fun super science world of Superman.

Ultra Humanite getting the drop on Supes with the old fake statue trick. I wonder how all the high tech security didn't pick up his presence. Do we know who he was talking to in the lab? Are all those brains aspects of him?

Maybe there is some residual Grundy in that body. He did say "born on a Monday".

This new Lightray really reminds me of The Flash from the Stan Lee Just Imagine series.

When we first saw the shadowy ape figure and an apparently talking brain, I was hoping it was Monsieur Mallah and The Brain, with a diabolical plot that could even bring The Man of Steel down......Alas, it wasn't to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'd like less of recruiting and more seeing the unit start to play off one another. This is the first act of a team story but we're just now entering act three. It feels like Morrison is setting the table for someone else to have all the fun, which is disappointing.
    I'm enjoying the story but I agree; this is just setup for something else and I feel like we're missing out. We're not gonna get to see Morrison "really" write this team, or explore Clark's new mission. Morrison is just introducing the cast that somebody else is gonna use, hinting at the mission Clark will be following under another's pen.

And the mini is good, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and Morrison proves yet again they're the best Super writer of the modern Age. But all that's really happening here is Morrison putting the pieces on the board so someone else can play the game.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm enjoying the story but I agree; this is just setup for something else and I feel like we're missing out. We're not gonna get to see Morrison "really" write this team, or explore Clark's new mission. Morrison is just introducing the cast that somebody else is gonna use, hinting at the mission Clark will be following under another's pen.

And the mini is good, don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying the hell out of it and Morrison proves yet again they're the best Super writer of the modern Age. But all that's really happening here is Morrison putting the pieces on the board so someone else can play the game.
    Definitely wish this were a 12 issue mini, I wonder what the plans was for the team in 5G? Was Morrison going to write more issues? Still I like PKJ handling of Superman, just hope the Authority team isn’t completely wiped out on Warworld. There’s a lot of potential here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Superman and the Authority #4 Preview
    Writer: Grant Morrison
    Artist: Mikel Janin

It is over already!????
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Hah they changed Paquette's cover... guess it was too distracting originally lol
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Interesting. I'm guessing this section in Kandor is the revised section that is going to tie it into PKJ's run. The "sweetheart" he's referencing is likely Lois who was also hanging out in an abandoned Kandor over in Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Interesting. I'm guessing this section in Kandor is the revised section that is going to tie it into PKJ's run. The "sweetheart" he's referencing is likely Lois who was also hanging out in an abandoned Kandor over in Action.
    It was her or Jimmy Olsen.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Supes played dead....ey!this just doesn't feel like it should be an end
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

How are people liking this miniseries? How does it stack up to Morrison's other work?

Is this his last comic for DC, like he claimed Green Lantern was?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It is over already!????
    This mini was very frustrating. One of the more enjoyable Superman stories in a long while and it’s just 4 issues with no known plans to continue the story. Such a tease!