Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman and the Authority is set after the current storylines and before Future State: Worlds of War, I guess.
    The solicitation for the third issue implies takes before the big event Phillip keeps hyping up so that adds up.

Incredible Member

I'm assuming the person who goes to space with Superman is Midnighter, considering... everything (back-ups, annual, his presence in Future State, simply being the most popular of the group besides Superman himself).

Almost disappointed the covers didn’t give us a hint who Humanite’s team is going to be. I wonder just when this takes place and what relation it will have to the event in Sept? Sept solicits are going to be hugely important to Superman’s future it looks like.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman and the Authority is set after the current storylines and before Future State: Worlds of War, I guess.
    I think so,this might be where clark is going back to goldenage powerlevels.The leaping champion is back boyss.....I am gonna enjoy every bit of it..I hope this adventure gives clark some changes in persepective so that when goes to fight and free the slaves of war world.It actually feels like a journey he's been on.From a flying saviour to the leaping champion.I Think this adventure will have some thing to do with the symbol from the source which i speculate to be the keys to the warworld...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-26-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Reading solicits it sounds like a standalone work that others built around. I guess thats an additional hint that Morrison likely finished writing it before GL run ended so technically Morrison is not back.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This book double shipping makes me wonder just how long Mikel has finished this, I assume he’s worked on this since future state ended? And now he’s probably working on art for the big event with PKJ.
    Well he didn't have an ongoing before Future State so might be that he was working on FS and this since something like last November?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Reading solicits it sounds like a standalone work that others built around. I guess thats an additional hint that Morrison likely finished writing it before GL run ended so technically Morrison is not back.

Well he didn't have an ongoing before Future State so might be that he was working on FS and this since something like last November?
    That works too.I just want it to feel like this epic tale which clark goes on and evolves..

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Almost disappointed the covers didn’t give us a hint who Humanite’s team is going to be. I wonder just when this takes place and what relation it will have to the event in Sept? Sept solicits are going to be hugely important to Superman’s future it looks like.
    Something to speculate about them eventually will come out. I just wonder is there will be most Superman related characters or some Wildstorm inspired characters will also make an appearance here. I mean, Superman's Authority is pretty eclectic in its line-up: two former villians, two Wildstorm immigrants, two new versions of characters from other universes/times and Natasha Irons. And all this to keep the line-up close to the original Authority. Maybe Ultra-Humanite opposite numbers will be inspired in some of the OG Authority bad guys.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 05-29-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Something to speculate about them eventually will come out. I just wonder is there will be most Superman related characters or some Wildstorm inspired characters will also make an appearance here. I mean, Superman's Authority is pretty eclectic in its line-up: two former villians, two Wildstorm immigrants, two new versions of characters from other universes/times and Natasha Irons. And all this to keep the line-up close to the original Authority. Maybe Ultra-Humanite opposite numbers will be inspired in some of the OG Authority bad guys.
    That would be cool, and makes sense. Lee is pushing to get his toys into the DCU so I wouldn’t be surprised if some Wildstorm villains were used here. I have yet to read anything beyond Ellis and Millar’s Authority runs though, so I wouldn’t know of any that would fit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That would be cool, and makes sense. Lee is pushing to get his toys into the DCU so I wouldn’t be surprised if some Wildstorm villains were used here. I have yet to read anything beyond Ellis and Millar’s Authority runs though, so I wouldn’t know of any that would fit.
    Based only on Ellis and Millar runs, Ultra teams will be either an evil Authority analogues or an evil Avengers analogues or even a Freedom Fighters analogues if we go until the Brubaker mini. The last one, with Ultra in the role of Henry Bendis, I mean, Bendix, naturally.

Mmm, this seems a mission for Riv86672!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    truth and justice or else!I hope clark keeps the costume..there would atleast be something cool to look at.Clark stuck with a bunch of radicals...yeah! it will be fun seeing clark trying to "i am so disappointed in you. don't do that children... truth and justice 'or else' is not the right way".I hope clark atleast has good alternative.If he is gonna be that.i hope this isn't some magical tale where these get reformed..Just stories with differe ideologies,persepectives..etc.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-15-2021 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Heh getting pic related vibes from that ad:

Is Jenny hinted as being part of this in any way? What even is the Authority's origin in this continuity?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Is Jenny hinted as being part of this in any way? What even is the Authority's origin in this continuity?
    Manchester Black has her spot. My guess is she either doesn’t exist on Earth 0 or Manchester will betray the team and perhaps at the end Clark recruits her as his replacement, and this is the Authority’s origin. Clark put the team together and he’s the one giving them a goal to work towards, so this incarnation of the team is his.

Okay, I see I see. Huh, makes me wonder if Jenny might be a surprise. Maybe she's the one Clark goes off with at the end? Would be something surprising at least, which the solicit at least claims it will be. I don't even know a whole hell of a lot about her, I don't know what the hook would be but I just know enough that its odd she's missing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El