Page 16 of 78 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://www.lunardistribution.com/fi...connect_12.pdf

Oh hey some art located in this DC Connect

Edit: Or I could just post the images, unfortunately a tad blurry.

Questions;
    1) is that omac, or rampage?
    2) since when did Natasha iron become the steel? When did her brother retire?
    3) much as I like the enchantress, I barely knew the character to start with, and I really don't recognize this one.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Questions;
    3) much as I like the enchantress, I barely knew the character to start with, and I really don't recognize this one.
    1. It's Omac

2. Natasha has been steel since a recent Titans run

3. I don't know much about enchantress either, I know she was on the suicide squad and dated killer croc once but that is about it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Seems that Lightray is gonna be prime Earth version of the Flash of earth-9

BANNED

Looking at the sketches, the superman suit is still good, but not as good as it seemed at first. the gloves are very bad, it would have been better with gloves that leave the fingers in the air or directly without gloves. the bottom of the suit is very ugly, it turns the suit into a work overalls, a military style pants would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://www.lunardistribution.com/fi...connect_12.pdf

Oh hey some art located in this DC Connect

Edit: Or I could just post the images, unfortunately a tad blurry.

I am very hyped! Glad Chester is back to having purple hair, and leaving his tattoo uncovered, much as I love Gleason art I thought his redesign was a step down. The colors of his tattoo being inverted (presumably symbolic of him attempting to work with Supes) amuses me, did he retat himself or just use psychic projection to make it look like he did?
    Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Questions;
    Natasha has been *a* Steel going all the way back to Post Crisis I believe (and John is her uncle not brother). They’re co-holders of the mantle (nice parallel to Clark and Jon now I guess).
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-28-2021 at 10:10 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I see Kandor over there. That also seems to be the ice fortress that Chester is at. And is that Clark leading a team of solders?

Given the events of 1030, and the foreshadowing of new Kryptonians (or Kryptonian-like beings) Clark's quest may be in part to repopulate Kandor as a sanctuary for these displaced Kryptonian (or Kryptonian-like beings)
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-28-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The hell is that purple thing I wonder? Xa-Du?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I see Kandor over there. That also seems to be the ice fortress that Chester is at. And is that Clark leading a team of solders?

Given the events of 1030, and the foreshadowing of new Kryptonians (or Kryptonian-like beings) Clark's quest may be in part to repopulate Kandor as a sanctuary for these displaced Kryptonian (or Kryptonian-like beings)
    I think it's more he's intervening in the police dealing with Manchester Black.

The difference in the fortress locations reads as more evidence this isn't set in the "present" currently. Jon's fortress was in the Artic in Future State wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think it's more he's intervening in the police dealing with Manchester Black.
    Makes sense

The difference in the fortress locations reads as more evidence this isn't set in the "present" currently. Jon's fortress was in the Artic in Future State wasn't it?
    Possibly. But, I'm going to go with highly unlikely. Action 1030 brings up a very good reason for why Clark has gray hair now. It's radiation poisoning and cellular decay. Cell decay is the actual reason why skin and hair age. They gray hair likely works as both a signifier of Clark being the older "been around the block" vet, and him "feeling his age" as PKJ put it.

And the Fortress being in the arctic could also just be Clark's Fortress while Jon has the one in the Bermuda Triangle. Clark having the old one and Jon having new. And as of Endless Winder I believe the ice fortress has been rebuilt.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Yeah Endless Winter ended with him rebuilding the Arctic Fortress, although I believe PKJ showed him as still having the Bermuda Fortress in this week’s issue of Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Possibly. But, I'm going to go with highly unlikely. Action 1030 brings up a very good reason for why Clark has gray hair now. It's radiation poisoning and cellular decay. Cell decay is the actual reason why skin and hair age. They gray hair likely works as both a signifier of Clark being the older "been around the block" vet, and him "feeling his age" as PKJ put it.

And the Fortress being in the arctic could also just be Clark's Fortress while Jon has the one in the Bermuda Triangle. Clark having the old one and Jon having new. And as of Endless Winder I believe the ice fortress has been rebuilt.
    Yeah, it could go either way at this point. I didn't read Endless Winter, so I didn't know about the Artic fortress being rebuilt. The one Lois was shown to be studying in in Action 1030 was the Bermuda one though. I'm still leaning more toward it being set in the future, but there is enough up in the air for it to go either way at this point.

I'll bet that in the next few issues leading up to Superman & The Authority Jon or Lois start to notice Clark starting to gray rapidly.

Astonishing Member

I see Manchester Black and Rampage(?) is Superman and the Authority actually about Superman leading a team of reformed villains instead of an Authority book(not too familiar with the Authority, though)?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I see Manchester Black and Rampage(?) is Superman and the Authority actually about Superman leading a team of reformed villains instead of an Authority book(not too familiar with the Authority, though)?
    The Authority are one of those “what if superheroes took care of the real problems” books. The only members of this Authority iteration that we know were villains are Manchester Black and Enchantress. Apollo & Midnighter are anti-heroes who don’t mind killing, Steel (Natasha Irons) is a traditional hero. OMAC and Lightray are question marks. Story is Superman leading this team to rescue refugees so it’s “topical” in a very superhero way which is how the Authority works.

Looking far ahead to when this mess is over, I'll call this series of panels now: Clark, whose been gone for a while, returns from parts unknown. Age continues to show on him and he's assumed to be less of a threat due to continuing waning powers. Someone takes a shot at him and they do nothing but completely destroy their arm. Kal-El makes quick work of the threat(s), and with a smile wets his hair. The gray was just dye, he is fully restored to his true self. Call back to the original idea of what Kal-L was going to reveal at the end of COIE.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El