Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Modern Superman fans literally struggling with a Superman that does more than the bare minimum. lol.
    What's the bare minimum? Keeping the world safe?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    If Superman and the Authority is ever adapted as a live action movie, it will likely be in conjunction with another story like how X2 was kind of a prelude to the Phoenix Saga despite already being an adaptation of god loves, man kills
    I'd love if they animated Morrison's Action Comics, whether as film series or animated series, it could lead into SatA.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if this has already been brought up but I just read it today and one thing I notice is that in the picture of the JSA there's no Green Lantern. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but with Morrison, everything is always something. There's no way this is canon. But it's still an interesting premise. This strikes me as a kind of DKR for Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I haven't read all the posts so forgive me if this has already been brought up but I just read it today and one thing I notice is that in the picture of the JSA there's no Green Lantern. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but with Morrison, everything is always something. There's no way this is canon. But it's still an interesting premise. This strikes me as a kind of DKR for Superman.
    Hmm...didn't notice that.

I don't think its a big deal honestly. If this was the 5G timeline, as originally intended, then we know that Alan was meant to be part of it. And if its whatever is the current timeline too, Alan's part of it. He just happened not to show up for picture-day

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I suspect it’s just Janin forgetting to include him in the group picture, although given Alan is the sole JSA member currently active right now, and there is the whole deal about him being a closeted gay man, it could mean something. I doubt it will be relevant to the story though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Damn, Clark's DOWN BAD, huh. That's not even mach 2, and he's visibly straining and sweating to keep it up.

But I swear, I just love the slightly delusional pride on display here by Clark. Floating a few feet off the ground a few times a day and running on one of Flash's old treadmills isn't going to turn back the clock (the irony of that last part isn't lots on me). But Clark isn't a fan of feeling helpless, so he does it anyway. Says something about him that's somewhat unflattering but also really endearing.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-02-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Honestly it kind of makes sense, in the whole this is an aged Superman who is still very powerful but not nearly as he was in his prime (because I guess he’s about 50 or so) so this is like an older man at the gym trying to stay in shape but who has a tough time keeping up with younger exercisers.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Lol it reminds of my dad who is in his 50s, he’s constantly pushing himself to the limit even when he should be slowly taking it easier, and he won’t listen to anyone who tells him otherwise (i.e. me )

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol it reminds of my dad who is in his 50s, he’s constantly pushing himself to the limit even when he should be slowly taking it easier, and he won’t listen to anyone who tells him otherwise (i.e. me )
    "... Still got it! "
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Damn, Clark's DOWN BAD, huh. That's not even mach 2, and he's visibly straining and sweating to keep it up.

But I swear, I just love the slightly delusional pride on display here by Clark. Floating a few feet off the ground a few times a day and running on one of Flash's old treadmills isn't going to turn back the clock (the irony of that last part isn't lots on me). But Clark isn't a fan of feeling helpless, so he does it anyway. Says something about him that's somewhat unflattering but also really endearing.
    That's goldenage superman right there.clanging and banging in his citadel, racing trains and leaping over stuff.Even with the "superman is a dad" outlook.Morrison supes is just cool..He's like...he's like..Benkei.Old man whitebeard of dc universe because he has the power to break the world.But,chooses not to..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-02-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Some background on the team members from this weeks’ issues:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SatA (?) debuted 47th in the July sales (it should be around 49k): https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-july-2021

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SatA (?) debuted 47th in the July sales (it should be around 49k): https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-july-2021
    I wish this had brought in more sales..well,i guess is limping towards death anyways..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I wish this had brought in more sales..well,i guess is limping towards death anyways..
    2nd printing has been ordered

Such a dying title...