Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Thanks for the preview ! I do wish that this book was an ongoing. It's time for Superman to outgrow the Justice League and move on to bigger things.
    They should just give the Future State universe to Morrison to play around with.

This mini is basically a bookend to his run on Action which was about a young Superman.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    They should just give the Future State universe to Morrison to play around with.

This mini is basically a bookend to his run on Action which was about a young Superman.
    If Morrison was willing, having them mastermind the Future State reality would be ideal. However, I think Morrison ain't lying when they say they've said all they had to say with the DCU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If Morrison was willing, having them mastermind the Future State reality would be ideal. However, I think Morrison ain't lying when they say they've said all they had to say with the DCU.
    I think that you're right about Morrison. But I think that we need another Superman book with Clark/Kal , as it stands there's only Action. So in my view they could have a Superman & The Authority ongoing . With the right creative team it could work. Unless Jon's book ends up failing and Clark gets the book back.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    I think that you're right about Morrison. But I think that we need another Superman book with Clark/Kal , as it stands there's only Action. So in my view they could have a Superman & The Authority ongoing . With the right creative team it could work. Unless Jon's book ends up failing and Clark gets the book back.
    Yeah it would make for a pretty cool ongoing. Nice to have something different than the standard JL fare, and I like how he came up with his own team to take care of business outside the JL. And the more Superman/Manchester Black banter we can get the better!

We will see how they look/feel under PKJ since they'll be in AC after the Morrison book wraps up. Based on PKJ thus far though, I'd say he'll be up to the task.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Alright so let me see if I understand Lightray effectively enough. She has nothing to do with the New God but instead is a person born on mars and that gave her speed with rainbow effects? Is that right
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sounds like it. I also wonder if it somehow connects back to Superman visiting Mars in Morrison's Action?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so let me see if I understand Lightray effectively enough. She has nothing to do with the New God but instead is a person born on mars and that gave her speed with rainbow effects? Is that right
    Yeah but I think Morrison hinted Lia's mother might've cheated on her father with something otherworldly.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Yeah but I think Morrison hinted Lia's mother might've cheated on her father with something otherworldly.
    Oh I just thought it was weird Martian Lightning, never considered that.

Honestly I wish we had gotten more of her, we really only got her birth and her depression I wish we had got more focus on her life growing up. I mean hell from the looks of it she’s possibly dating OMAC, I definitely want to know more there. But we mostly get enchantress, ultra humanite, and the ending fights.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-14-2021 at 06:24 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh I just thought it was weird Martian Lightning, never considered that.

Honestly I wish we had gotten more of her, we really only got her birth and her depression I wish we had got more focus on her life growing up. I mean hell from the looks of it she’s possibly dating OMAC, I definitely want to know more there. But we mostly get enchantress, ultra humanite, and the ending fights.
    For all we know, New God Lightray could be her birth father.

Ironically I wish this was a 12 issue maxiseries instead of a 4 issue miniseries.

I think we all wish that.

This book definitely has ongoing potential. I hope the team gets one, especially if Kal-El really is leaving the League.

Incredible Member

Fun, but not as good as the previous 2 issues. Manchester Black had a couple good moments but nothing as funny as in the last issue, Lightray's introduction read like a very good 3-page pitch for a character rather than an actual character introduction, and everything else was fine I guess. I feel I liked the unlettered previews better.

As for new info from this issue, Superman says he is not making a covert ops team, that everything will be overt instead. We got what Morrison mentioned in the interviews about Jon taking over for Superman meaning Clark no longer feels he needs to live up to the standards imposed on him (even if he keeps quite a few of them and a mention that it wasn't just something imposed on him but rather how he actually was for a while) and the introduction of an even bigger villain behind Ultra-Humanite.

Man I’m going to miss stuff like this. Echoing the rest I wish this were a 12 issue maxi rather than a 4 issue mini, feels like Morrison and Janin are just warming up (which in a way I guess they are for PKJ). So who is Ultra-Humanite’s backer? Mongul perhaps? Really love this take on Ultra-Humanite, whoever called him putting his brain in Grundy’s body you were right! Also he wants to pull off his classic trick still I see, a way of contrasting how despite the new team he’s still up to his old tricks while Superman isn’t.

“Preferred” no killing rule Clark? Interesting way of wording that. Hilarious how Black continues to get dumped on by everyone lol, guessing that was Coldcast who fried him.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sounds like it. I also wonder if it somehow connects back to Superman visiting Mars in Morrison's Action?
    I was thinking of that too! Same astronauts maybe?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

I thought this was good and am interested in what Ultra-Humanite wants, Superman's "exactly" real plan and also wish it was longer. It feels truncated, I echo those sentiments. So on and so forth. But I like the beats, dialogue, Morrisonisms, art. I thought the strongest part of the issue was Superman and the Authority breaking through to Enchantress in her depression, because hooooo boy when you're Golden Etch Switcheroo Witcheroo Enchantress and you dissociate and have MPD, dear god is the depression dark. In that way it fairly I think felt like a weird-magick extended super-hero riff on All-Star Superman talking the girl off the ledge. Seeing her match powers with Eclipso should be nice and symbolic.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She's got some connection to the Tangent Flash as well, given her name, powers and the line about being from another world (though I guess that's also Mars).