Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    2nd printing has been ordered

Such a dying title...
    2nd printing only means their expectations have been met.It doesn't mean best sales.None of these books have good sales.I just thought with Morrison's and all star superman reputation would have made this book sell beyond the market expectations..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

DC One Million Omnibus on the cheap. Before they fix the glitch, that is

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/amaz...omnibus-at-25/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some background on the team members from this weeks’ issues:
    Midnighter more upright and moral than Superman. Okay, Grant. *Rolls eyes.

I guess Grant's love of Batgod extends to his knockoffs as well.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I'm guessing we'll have some of those archetypical "the anti-hero is the only one willing to remain loyal to their ethical code" moments to justify that.

Astonishing Member

Limkted series anyway. Probably will do better as TPB sales over time.

Mighty Member

Alternatively, there is an implied "other than Superman" there. I think we're drawing a distinction between Superman and the team, that is The Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Alternatively, there is an implied "other than Superman" there. I think we're drawing a distinction between Superman and the team, that is The Authority.
    That’s how I took it as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well,far better than cheerleading how great superman's morality is.I don't care if it is.Morrison is nice to spare me of that and bit funny.Heck!i would have done this.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I completely trust Grant with Superman but I'm just not that thrilled by the team lineup. Besides Manchester, Apollo, and Midnighter, the others seem kind of "meh". The designs for the new Lightray and OMAC are pretty boring. I would have like to have gotten a more traditional Kirby-like OMAC. Natasha makes sense but I definitely prefer John Henry. Also, there are so many more interest characters than Enchantress. This book was apparently written in 2018, around the time Enchantress was still getting the Suicide Squad push. So maybe that influenced him putting her on the team.

Wish they would have swapped out one of these characters for a classic Authority member.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    What's the bare minimum? Keeping the world safe?
    Depending on how you look at it? Yes.

Some people are happy with a Superman who has a vaguely Star Trek "prime directive" approach; he protects, but doesn't interfere. Clark ensures humanity doesn't die before its time, but we chart our own course.

Some people, on the other hand, prefer a Superman who actively engages in the social/cultural conversation. Who isn't afraid to voice his opinion or do the work with his own two hands. And for these folk, yeah I think Clark keeping the world intact is the bare minimum. The earth still exists, which is great and obviously better than the alternative, but is *life* better? It's the difference between being alive and living.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wish they would have swapped out one of these characters for a classic Authority member.
    The entire point of what Morrison is doing is trying to do Authority with DC Characters as analogues (minus Apollo/Midnighter) like how his Seven Soldiers was originally Avengers with DC Characters. The entire cast was created or chosen specifically because the characters can act as analogues to the original cast from Authority (Black=Jenny Sparks, Natasha Irons=Engineer, Enchantress=Doctor). Midnighter/Apollo's inclusion is arguably because they have "become" part of DC since Flashpoint in a way that the other Authority characters haven't.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 08-06-2021 at 08:29 AM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Some people, on the other hand, prefer a Superman who actively engages in the social/cultural conversation. Who isn't afraid to voice his opinion or do the work with his own two hands. And for these folk, yeah I think Clark keeping the world intact is the bare minimum. The earth still exists, which is great and obviously better than the alternative, but is *life* better? It's the difference between being alive and living.
    Actively striving to make the world better should be a prerequisite for a crusading reporter, let alone one who is also Earth's mightiest champion.

The idea that Superman's bare minimum is to protect the American status quo is why Miller used him as he did in TDKR and a reason, rightly or wrongly, people are turned off from the character today.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Superman and the Authority #2 Preview
    Writer: Grant Morrison
    Artists: Mikel Janin, Travel Foreman, Evan Cagle and Fico Ossio

Extraordinary Member

Kind of bummed that there's so many artists on issue #2 for a series that Grant supposedly wrote like 2 years ago.

Incredible Member

Well, that preview was... short.