Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Editorial were probably the ones who came up with the idea, and then pitched it to Morrison. Lee specifically I’m sure was the brains behind it considering he’s also been pushing his Wildstorm characters again ever since he got the CCO position.
    Almost certainly. I have never once met anyone who liked Grifter but you'd think he's the coolest character in DC with the push he's getting. Likewise, who even are the Authority?

Don't answer, I actually know, but if you ask anyone they may as well be OCs. It's just "Superman and the Assholes! Guest Starring Natasha Irons"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's just "Superman and the Assholes! Guest Starring Natasha Irons"
    Always wanted that better than world most boring.but, something Like guy Gardner,creeper,booster gold , plastic man..etc.Either clark changes or the guy gets left behind
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/grant-mor...lYQuLtJ6Ns1URA

Well, this looks good
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Almost certainly. I have never once met anyone who liked Grifter but you'd think he's the coolest character in DC with the push he's getting. Likewise, who even are the Authority?

Don't answer, I actually know, but if you ask anyone they may as well be OCs. It's just "Superman and the Assholes! Guest Starring Natasha Irons"
    I really would have out money on the Ellis relaunch being great.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Grifter was pretty cool in Ellis's the Wild storm. The difference was I think Ellis's take was "less in your face" than the Grifter in other stories. I guess less is more is the way to go with Grifter.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

The more I read about this, the more I excited I get. I hope Morrison basically makes Superman his take on Alan Moore's Tom Strong, super intellect and all.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Wonder who will be on Ultra-Humanite’s team. I’m assuming he’ll have villains who can counter Supes’ Authority, and I’m hoping they’re all Superman Rouges.

I’d go:
    Superman = Ultra-Humanite (Supergenuis leaders)
    Manchester Black = Blanque (Amoral telepaths)
    Apollo = Luminus (Both are light-themed, I’d bring Luminus in from the DCAU although my take on Luminus would be a mix of the DCAU and another minor Superman Rogue Redemption)
    Midnighter = Khyber (Enhanced cyborg killers that are master planners)
    Steel = Conduit (Humans in power armor)
    Enchantress = Obsession (Magic-powered women that struggle with mental illness)
    Lightray = Livewire (This one is a bit of stretch but both can move very quickly even though Livewire isn’t a speedster per say)
    OMAC = Metallo (Former humans enhanced into post human super soldier cyborgs meant to protect humanity from alien threats)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    The more I read about this, the more I excited I get. I hope Morrison basically makes Superman his take on Alan Moore's Tom Strong, super intellect and all.
    From the design, it's all but a given that we're getting Clark Strong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder who will be on Ultra-Humanite’s team. I’m assuming he’ll have villains who can counter Supes’ Authority, and I’m hoping they’re all Superman Rouges.

I’d go:
    Superman = Ultra-Humanite (Supergenuis leaders)
    Manchester Black = Blanque (Amoral telepaths)
    Apollo = Luminus (Both are light-themed, I’d bring Luminus in from the DCAU although my take on Luminus would be a mix of the DCAU and another minor Superman Rogue Redemption)
    Midnighter = Khyber (Enhanced cyborg killers that are master planners)
    Steel = Conduit (Humans in power armor)
    Enchantress = Obsession (Magic-powered women that struggle with mental illness)
    Lightray = Livewire (This one is a bit of stretch but both can move very quickly even though Livewire isn’t a speedster per say)
    OMAC = Metallo (Former humans enhanced into post human super soldier cyborgs meant to protect humanity from alien threats)
    Khyber is an interesting choice, honestly they should dig more into that guy's history.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Khyber is an interesting choice, honestly they should dig more into that guy's history.
    Yeah I keep hoping that he’ll make a return someday, or show up somewhere else. They used (a version of) Subjekt on S&L, I hope maybe we can see Khyber there as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Upcoming Mighnighter Annual will have a tie-in to the Morrison book...

Finally, Midnighter gets his own annual by the team of writers Becky Cloonan and Michael W. Conrad with art and the main cover by Michael Avon Oeming.

The annual concludes the story begun in Future State: Superman: Worlds of War and continued in serialized form in Action Comics.

"Midnighter traveled into the future to help get himself out of a jam, only to swap places with his future self," reads DC's description. "Now, the Midnighter from the future finds himself trapped in a paradox, working his way back to his onetime present to swap places again. Don’t worry if you're confused—so is he!"

The key to the storyline is Andrej Trojan, the "nefarious industrialist" who tried to exploit the Man of Steel's mission on Warworld to his advantage.

"Midnighter has been carrying Trojan's robotic skull with him, hunting for the 2021 iteration of the man, and shutting his whole company down before any of this trouble even starts."

DC also says this "time-travel escapade" leads into Superman and the Authority, which debuts in July.

Midnighter 2021 Annual has a variant cardstock cover by ACO.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

All this sounds surprisingly well planned.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman and the Authority #2

story by GRANT MORRISON
    art & cover by MIKEL JANIN
    ON SALE 8/3/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    2 of 4

Clark Kent and Manchester Black continue to put Superman's new team together, even though keeping Black in check seems like just as difficult a job as convincing the new recruits to come along. The pair hits different parts of the world looking for different types of heroes. While Midnighter, Apollo, and Natasha Irons only need to tie up some loose ends before getting on board, the Enchantress is going to be a little harder. Superman is going to have to set her free from a deadly illusion hell-bent on destroying her before she can help him save the universe.

Superman and Authority #3

story by GRANT MORRISON
    art & cover by MIKEL JANIN
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by SIMON BISLEY
    3 of 4

Superman put the Authority back together, but why? What threat is out there that only this group can contend with? The Ultra-Humanite, of course! This fearsome foe is forming a team of his own, one designed to go fist-to-fist with the Authority. It will be their baptism in battle to prove if Superman is right that regardless of who we are, there is a hero lurking inside even the worst of us.
    This penultimate issue is an important chapter in the new Superman mythos, helping to set up where Clark Kent goes next…and who he goes there with.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-26-2021 at 01:22 PM.

I'm still very confused about the timeline in all this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This book double shipping makes me wonder just how long Mikel has finished this, I assume he’s worked on this since future state ended? And now he’s probably working on art for the big event with PKJ.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still very confused about the timeline in all this.
    Superman and the Authority is set after the current storylines and before Future State: Worlds of War, I guess.