Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thanks, I'll add those two Derrington issues to my ever going "to read" list.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Anyone else find it odd that Morrison hasn't talked about this anywhere yet?

You'd think there'd be something out there by now. I guess it leaking early screwed up whatever plans they had and the PR people are still trying to figure out how to not have Morrison mention Dan Didio.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Anyone else find it odd that Morrison hasn't talked about this anywhere yet?

You'd think there'd be something out there by now. I guess it leaking early screwed up whatever plans they had and the PR people are still trying to figure out how to not have Morrison mention Dan Didio.
    A sports radio guy I listen to always says that when something leaks, it's because someone wanted it to. Not saying I buy that 100% of the time but there is some truth in it I think. I mean, how else would it leak? Someone has to put it out there for one reason or another. In that vein, I'm thinking of why the Authority book got leaked in the first place. Of course, it could also just have been a dumb luck kinda thing, or maybe an unfortunate mishap from all the changing hands on the distribution side of things. But yeah, def surprising Morrison has been mum on it thus far...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

If it hadn't leaked we probably wouldn't have a thread with 18 pages here. Might be that Morrison is just busy at the moment or maybe they don't want those interviews overlapping with Taylor's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Indeed, I’ve made the same point myself elsewhere. To elaborate I don’t think Clark Kent will be completely gone (I should’ve worded that better), but I don’t think DC will return to him being the focus of the two mainline Superman books. I’m hoping that we’ll get a Calvin mini and that will be the synergy with the film side, and the S&L show means Clark isn’t going anywhere with that sort of synergy for him, but I just think that DC as a whole seems committed to moving the E0 universe in a new direction. For the “classic” takes on Superman, Batman, the JL, and others, there will always be standalone books like Zdarsky’s JL: The Last Ride, and the countless Batman books, but I do think that even if Jon flops DC is committed for now to keeping Clark as a co-holder of the mantle with a younger and hipper Superman whoever that is.
    I don't think DC is committed to Jon at all. I think they're committed to the idea that Clark is somehow broken, boring, outdated, or otherwise unable to reach his former heights, and they want to find a workaround. They don't care what the solution is; they made Clark younger in the New52, they're trying a new character now, and when this fails to fix their non-existent problem they'll dick around with some other gimmick.

DC didn't understand Clark or his appeal under Didio (and things went off the rails before that dude was in charge). The new guys seem like they've got a better idea but I'm not convinced they really get it (or maybe they're just trying to work with situation they inherited). Until DC hires someone who really gets Clark, nothing they try will work because they'll be trying to fix the wrong problems.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wonder if a Carrier will appear in this book.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I wonder if a Carrier will appear in this book.
    One showed up in The Wild Hunt which Morrison helped co-write:

Wouldn’t be surprised if another showed up here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think DC is committed to Jon at all. I think they're committed to the idea that Clark is somehow broken, boring, outdated, or otherwise unable to reach his former heights, and they want to find a workaround. They don't care what the solution is; they made Clark younger in the New52, they're trying a new character now, and when this fails to fix their non-existent problem they'll dick around with some other gimmick.

DC didn't understand Clark or his appeal under Didio (and things went off the rails before that dude was in charge). The new guys seem like they've got a better idea but I'm not convinced they really get it (or maybe they're just trying to work with situation they inherited). Until DC hires someone who really gets Clark, nothing they try will work because they'll be trying to fix the wrong problems.
    I don't get the appeal of mainstream superman.He is a walking talking bible for me.White knights have never been my thing either.But,that's just me.Keeping that aside,They Could atleast do "Dante's inferno" or "fullmetal alchemist" with the character.But,nope.The character is stuck needing to cater to some continuity.It's why jesus-superman works better as elseworlds with start,finish and end.Another thing,You know it's funny.The moses and the monkey king can co-exist as archetypes in the form of goku.But,jesus archetype has completely eaten everything else about the Superman character.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If it hadn't leaked we probably wouldn't have a thread with 18 pages here. Might be that Morrison is just busy at the moment or maybe they don't want those interviews overlapping with Taylor's.
    Taylor hasn't given any interviews either, I'm sure they both will in due time though.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Taylor hasn't given any interviews either, I'm sure they both will in due time though.
    Likely the week before or week of release for each, although Taylor will probably be on one podcast or another before too long (no clue about Morrison).

Where did this come from?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Where did this come from?
    https://twitter.com/docshaner/status...976679425?s=21

Guessing Doc will do a variant for it

https://twitter.com/docshaner/status...976679425?s=21

Guessing Doc will do a variant for it
    Oh cool, Doc does great art so that would be cool to see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder what input Phillip Kennedy Johnson has on this project. He's the guy primarily writing Clark, so...