Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That just makes this even more interesting to me. If Taylor is going to waste all the potential of Jon, Morrison writing an in-continuity Superman sounds awesome. I hope he recanonizes as much as his old New 52 Action run as he can
    So Superbro might be canon again?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So Superbro might be canon again?
    I need them to post a full image of the Tedesco variant for Action Comics 1032 because it’s got Morrison and Pak’s t-shirt and jeans Supermen on it along with a bunch of other takes. Not saying it’s indicative of everything being recanonized but DC isn’t shying away from homaging the New 52 era anymore, and with Morrison writing an in continuity tale again:

Not all of it will be folded back into canon but maybe more than Johns run will. We’ll see!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

One of the questions that Jim Lee picked to answer in his Fandome Q&A videos was about Morrison's "Superbro" returning. He praised that take of SM as a call back to the original SM and ended his response with a "we'll see"

I need them to post a full image of the Tedesco variant for Action Comics 1032 because it’s got Morrison and Pak’s t-shirt and jeans Supermen on it along with a bunch of other takes. Not saying it’s indicative of everything being recanonized but DC isn’t shying away from homaging the New 52 era anymore, and with Morrison writing an in continuity tale again:

Not all of it will be folded back into canon but maybe more than Johns run will. We’ll see!
    He posted a clean variant.

I found 95% of the New 52 to be tryhard garbage, but I would not mind incorporating the TShirt & Jeans into the canon origin. That design is probably legitimately the best thing to come out of New 52 Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    One of the questions that Jim Lee picked to answer in his Fandome Q&A videos was about Morrison's "Superbro" returning. He praised that take of SM as a call back to the original SM and ended his response with a "we'll see"
    They’re not shying away from that era anymore between putting out an omnibus, and referencing that era in variants. Would be insane if Morrison or Pak or someone else ever returned to write that guy again on his own Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    He posted a clean variant.

I found 95% of the New 52 to be tryhard garbage, but I would not mind incorporating the TShirt & Jeans into the canon origin. That design is probably legitimately the best thing to come out of New 52 Supes.
    You beat me to it! I jumped off with Truth because I thought it sucked, immensely grateful that wasn’t the last Superman work Yang got to do. I’d only really want Morrison Action, and parts of Pak’s Action folded into canon along with the t-shirt and jeans look as his “Year One” garb. Otherwise I’m fine with the rest getting dumped by the wayside. Would also be perfectly fine with someone doing a continuation of that take as an Elseworld tale like it maybe should’ve always been.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-21-2021 at 09:28 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They’re not shying away from that era anymore between putting out an omnibus, and referencing that era in variants. Would be insane if Morrison or Pak or someone else ever returned to write that guy again on his own Earth

You beat me to it! I jumped off with Truth because I thought it sucked, immensely grateful that wasn’t the last Superman work Yang got to do. I’d only really want Morrison Action, and parts of Pak’s Action folded into canon along with the t-shirt and jeans look as his “Year One” garb. Otherwise I’m fine with the rest getting dumped by the wayside. Would also be perfectly fine with someone doing a continuation of that take as an Elseworld tale like it maybe should’ve always been.
    Honestly, if it's just to pair him with Lois again but with a t-shirt, I'd rather the New Superbro remained where he is. His run is already a whole Elseworld run anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly, if it's just to pair him with Lois again but with a t-shirt, I'd rather the New Superbro remained where he is. His run is already a whole Elseworld run anyway.
    I mean if I was writing that take, Superman & Lois would never get married, that would be the book featuring the always young Clark.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Morrison exiling the Johns stuff and bringing back their take for Superman's early years would be perfect.

I always thought it odd that Morrison left out Ultra-Humanite (Clark’s first supervillain!) in their Action Comics run that was drawing so heavily on the Golden Age. Ultra-Humanite and his team going up against Clark and his Authority sounds awesome and a chance to correct that mistake.
    I am here for Ultra-Humanite. He has some other villains with him, I wonder if they will be returning faces from the New 52 run, other revamped old school faces, or brand new ones?

He was ship teased with Lois while wearing the t-shirt.

That Action run made no pretense that Lois wasn't The One, even if the romance wasn't in focus.

I stuck with Morrison's run and genuinely do like the first arc, though I think it is flawed and I don't think they really do any of the women in most books they write justice. I dropped Superman almost immediately. I actually liked the first part of Pak's Truth arc, but Yang's was bad. Pak's Zero Year issue was good too. I don't see why they can't fold some of that into the modern origin.

I legit do like the T-Shirt and Jeans look for an first appearance. I think they should have used that in Superman & Lois, though I can't fault the Fleisher suit at all.

OH! The Krypto Origin and the Zero issue too need to be folded in. While I didn't really like the direwolf design, that origin is the best Krypto origin they've done.

BANNED

Morrison was always going to pair him with Lois. Always. He’s a Superman purist and thought the new 52 stunt Wonder Woman as “**** stupid.”

His Action Comics run had Clark having visions about marrying Lois Lane. He was in awe of her writing and clearly loved her. It wasn’t until Morrison left that the new 52 went off the rails and he supposedly left, in part, because of editorial interference.

Grant Morrison of all people is never going to be on this anti-Lois kick that you think everyone should be on. He immortalized “I love you until the end of time” and then followed through with it with dc one million.

Morrison’s Superbro loved Lois Lane. Superman loves Lois Lane. Again, as many many people have told you, if you can’t deal with that than you should probably find a new superhero to stan because Superman is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Morrison was always going to pair him with Lois. Always. He’s a Superman purist and thought the new 52 stunt Wonder Woman as “**** stupid.”

His Action Comics run had Clark having visions about marrying Lois Lane. He was in awe of her writing and clearly loved her. It wasn’t until Morrison left that the new 52 went off the rails and he supposedly left, in part, because of editorial interference.

Grant Morrison of all people is never going to be on this anti-Lois kick that you think everyone should be on. He immortalized “I love you until the end of time” and then followed through with it with dc one million.

Morrison’s Superbro loved Lois Lane. Superman loves Lois Lane. Again, as many many people have told you, if you can’t deal with that than you should probably find a new superhero to stan because Superman is not for you.
    Yeah yeah, whatever you says.

But if you fail to understand the interest of Elseworlds, it's not MY fault. Keep pretending that Lois Lane has to be The One all you want, you can even have it in the main books. But in Elseworlds, she shouldn't be, otherwise there is even less interest in the concept of Elseworlds to begin with.

Also. Apart from the early part of New Superman, i don't like Morrison's take on him at all. All-Star Superman is, bar none, the worst comic book I ever read, it was physically painful to go through it. DC One Million is also horrible with its Sun-God Superman, but to each their own.
    Last edited by Korath; 04-21-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I stuck with Morrison's run and genuinely do like the first arc, though I think it is flawed and I don't think they really do any of the women in most books they write justice. I dropped Superman almost immediately.
    Surprising. I think for all of the love Morrison gets for All Star or the cool point abundance for Beyond, the year of 2013 was the best Superman they ever wrote.

I wish I could see this any sort of return to that form, the costume certainly invokes it, but... not so much. Now that I know it's only four issues I expect it to have a pretty short ceiling tbh, even if it is a blast.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post

Morrison actually non-binary, so their pronouns are they/them (I still call them "he" from time to time still).

Other than that, 100% agreed. I think All-Stars one flaw is that Lois is underutilized, but overall I can't view Morrison as ever championing any one else as a love interest. She's #1 in their view.

They are also not that consistently good with Wonder Woman, but their stance on the stunt is the correct response. It isn't good for either Lois or Diana.

But if you fail to understand the interest of Elseworlds, it's not MY fault. Keep pretending that Lois Lane has to be The One all you want, you can even have it in the main books. But in Elseworlds, she shouldn't be, otherwise there is even less interest in the concept of Elseworlds to begin with..
    She doesn't have to be the love interest in an Elseworld, but there is no compelling reason she should automatically be dismissed as the love interest either.

It's not as if people are reading these alternate takes on Superman purely for shipping reasons. And if the elseworlds that pair him with Wonder Woman weren't all complete shit, maybe ones pairing him with her would drum up more excitement.

BANNED

Yeah yeah, whatever you says.

But if you fail to understand the interest of Elseworlds, it's not MY fault. Keep pretending that Lois Lane has to be The One all you want, you can even have it in the main books. But in Elseworlds, she shouldn't be, otherwise there is even less interest in the concept of Elseworlds to begin with.

Also. Apart from the early part of New Superman, i don't like Morrison's take on him at all. All-Star Superman is, bar none, the worst comic book I ever read, it was physically painful to go through it. DC One Million is also horribel with its Sun-God Superman, but to each their own.
    No, the problem actually is that you think the only purpose of an elseworld is to switch women in and out like chess pieces. When, in reality, there are tons of creative elseworlds that do nothing of the sort. Because the point of an AU is not just supposed to be to treat women like interchangeable entitles. And the idea that Lois isn’t allowed to maintain her current role as female lead in AU’s because, apparently, that’s the only way to switch up a story to you is super revealing. It’s actually pretty problematic that so many Superman AU’s are so LAZY and sexist that the first thing they do is kill off his wife to “switch things up.” That’s what’s actually up. You have a limited view of what an else-world can be.

All Star Superman is not my favorite comic but it’s most definitely a seminal Superman book. If you hated it that much and can’t find anything to like about it than it doesn’t help the case that you don’t like Superman.

The bottom line is that you want a Superman that doesn’t exist. You hate Lois and can’t appreciate her worth but instead of recognizing that maybe that’s on you you expect an 83 year old story to bend to your inexplicable hatred for a female ICON beloved by many people and then you get angry when it doesn’t. There are a lot of stories out there that would probably better suit your interests and I truly hope you find one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Morrison actually non-binary, so their pronouns are they/them (I still call them "he" from time to time still).

Other than that, 100% agreed. I think All-Stars one flaw is that Lois is underutilized, but overall I can't view Morrison as ever championing any one else as a love interest. She's #1 in their view.

They are also not that consistently good with Wonder Woman, but their stance on the stunt is the correct response. It isn't good for either Lois or Diana.

She doesn't have to be the love interest in an Elseworld, but there is no compelling reason she should automatically be dismissed as the love interest either.

It's not as if people are reading these alternate takes on Superman purely for shipping reasons. And if the elseworlds that pair him with Wonder Woman weren't all complete shit, maybe ones pairing him with her would drum up more excitement.
    Ahhh thank you for correcting me on Morrison! I had forgotten they preferred these pronouns. I have to make sure I remember that. Thank you!!!