Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

This is an Elseworld right?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    This is an Elseworld right?
    Supposedly not. I think it may be set in the future. Since it was rumored to be a 5G book. But it’s supposed to connect to PKJ’s and Taylor’s runs as well as the September Superman event.

Yeah unless Clark is going to suddenly rapidly age I can’t see this taking place at the same time as the other books. Don’t forget the Midnighter in the backups is a time traveler from the future, perhaps that’s a tie-in to what Morrison is doing with the Authority. Also can’t see DC aging him up since that means Bruce should be showing signs of his age as well (unless he’s dipping into Lazarus Pits).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah I know I’ve said it here or there but unless it’s a big reveal that Clark actually is dying his hair I doubt that Clark has gray temples.

Of course it could always be tied into whatever Johnson was hinting at for next issue or so of Action Comics where Death Metal effected his powers and the gray is just a side effect of that.

“ Warworld Rising” starts here! A new chapter in Superman’s life begins as the challenges of Dark Nights: Death Metal are causing Clark Kent to feel...a change in his powers. Is it possible the Metropolis Marvel could be losing a step? His struggles in taking down the creatures from the Breach would suggest as much! If he’s going to continue to protect the people of Earth, he’ll have to adapt—especially with threats like Mongul out there waiting to launch their biggest attacks on the Earth yet. That’s right, those are Warworld battleships just outside our orbit, and they are heading straight for us! ”
    Last edited by sifighter; 04-25-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Waid on missing the point of it being a cautionary tale, as part of a 2017 interview:
    This might just be me, but reading that I'm not sure what Waid exactly disagrees with? That Lois shouldn't die and that Superman/WW shouldn't be together? Ok, but thats nothing compared to Gotham police state and gulags.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This might just be me, but reading that I'm not sure what Waid exactly disagrees with? That Lois shouldn't die and that Superman/WW shouldn't be together? Ok, but thats nothing compared to Gotham police state and gulags.
    He’s using those two as examples because those two are the elements you see pop up a lot in the mainline DCU/outside media. But I assure you that Waid doesn’t think mainline Superman & Batman should be acting like the KC versions, he reportedly disliked how much Supes ****ed up in KC and argued about it with Ross quite a bit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s using those two as examples because those two are the elements you see pop up a lot in the mainline DCU/outside media. But I assure you that Waid doesn’t think mainline Superman & Batman should be acting like the KC versions, he reportedly disliked how much Supes ****ed up in KC and argued about it with Ross quite a bit.
    Having listened to Alex Ross talk on podcasts and other industry professionals speak of their experiences with him, I'm convinced he's hard to work with.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't know what's kingdom come cautioning about.Especially since i have zero care or knowledge of industry meta commentry or ethics.Torture is bad(well,duh!)?something about slippary slope with "Killing".I don't remember kingdom come in the first place.I hope these guys can bring different view and value system than nonesensical absolutes.I hate this notions of batman and superman being "Better" than everyone.Because i don't see it.If these guys don't kill.cool.All the power too them.they can disagree and stop people(if they can).But,that doesn't make them any better anyone who is willing like say jason todd.Don't make a big fuss about it.It's nausiating.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Was it Waid or Ross who wanted the original ending to be everyone except Superman to be killed in the end? That sounds like it would actually be an ending he earned in the story given how badly he screwed up throughout.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Was it Waid or Ross who wanted the original ending to be everyone except Superman to be killed in the end? That sounds like it would actually be an ending he earned in the story given how badly he screwed up throughout.
    That would have felt like fitting ending.I never saw "Superman" having a happy ending in the first place.The guy was ripped off from hugo danner.That's the ending i always forsaw.A gladiators ending like say spartacus.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Ross. Waid didn’t want that because yeah, Supes would’ve been responsible for everyone getting killed. (Least Ross is the one I remember as being said to want that ending).

Thanks, I haven't read much if any interviews with Waid.

As for everyone dying at the end, that would have been pretty dark, but I guess it makes more sense in how the story was going.

Ross. Waid didn’t want that because yeah, Supes would’ve been responsible for everyone getting killed. (Least Ross is the one I remember as being said to want that ending).
    I think that actually would have been an ending that would have fit. I honestly thought that was Waid. It’s an ending that Superman deserves.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I know I’ve said it here or there but unless it’s a big reveal that Clark actually is dying his hair I doubt that Clark has gray temples.

Of course it could always be tied into whatever Johnson was hinting at for next issue or so of Action Comics where Death Metal effected his powers and the gray is just a side effect of that.

“ Warworld Rising” starts here! A new chapter in Superman’s life begins as the challenges of Dark Nights: Death Metal are causing Clark Kent to feel...a change in his powers. Is it possible the Metropolis Marvel could be losing a step? His struggles in taking down the creatures from the Breach would suggest as much! If he’s going to continue to protect the people of Earth, he’ll have to adapt—especially with threats like Mongul out there waiting to launch their biggest attacks on the Earth yet. That’s right, those are Warworld battleships just outside our orbit, and they are heading straight for us! ”
    Yeah, if this is tied to current timeline, the gray hair could certainly be related to his power drain. The forthcoming power change could very well result in him aging physically closer to a normal person. As many of us may have already found out, hair is the first to go or change color with aging, ha Of course, it could also be tied to future events. I tend to think the latter but time will tell. Hair aside, the costume has a futuristic feel to it.

As for Waid, I wonder if he and Ross argued (or had differing opinions) on other stuff like the gulag, police state, etc. I'd love to see some sort of "making of" for KC that gets at all the internal deliberations. Also I would also like to see some contemporaneous interviews with him to see if/how the gulag take was explained. As far as his "cautionary tale" comments, is he saying this stuff because it was what he has always thought, or is it in hindsight?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

https://www.lunardistribution.com/fi...connect_12.pdf

Oh hey some art located in this DC Connect

Edit: Or I could just post the images, unfortunately a tad blurry.

Last edited by sifighter; 04-28-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.