Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The hell is that purple thing I wonder? Xa-Du?
    Maybe a new form of Erik Drekken, the Evolver from the same group in the New 52?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://www.lunardistribution.com/fi...connect_12.pdf

Oh hey some art located in this DC Connect

Edit: Or I could just post the images, unfortunately a tad blurry.

Loving some of the designs here; particularly OMAC

I was already sold on this book, but now I'm sold even harder.

These few pages already contain most of the things I love about Superman, and we don't even have words yet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm actually feeling the suit, I just still wish it didn't have the overused KC S. Wish it was the classic just on black. Is interesting though the era representation. Kingdom Come S, New 52 belt, Rebirth boots. And that's actually a two tone blue I could role with on a more classic suit. I didn't like the Smallville look because it looked too much like the Eradicator, but messing with the placement makes it more unique.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-28-2021 at 03:22 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

That art looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe a new form of Erik Drekken, the Evolver from the same group in the New 52?
    I would love that, always thought Drekken was cool and was bummed nobody used him after Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Looking far ahead to when this mess is over, I'll call this series of panels now: Clark, whose been gone for a while, returns from parts unknown. Age continues to show on him and he's assumed to be less of a threat due to continuing waning powers. Someone takes a shot at him and they do nothing but completely destroy their arm. Kal-El makes quick work of the threat(s), and with a smile wets his hair. The gray was just dye, he is fully restored to his true self. Call back to the original idea of what Kal-L was going to reveal at the end of COIE.
    I hate to tell ya Sacred but if Jon bombs I don’t think they’ll go back to Clark. More likely they’ll synergize with whatever Coates & Abrams do. That DC has committed this strongly to replacing Clark tells me they want him gone, one way or another.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Dig the look overall, two tone blue, short sleeves, solid look. Not too sure about the gloves though...

Did not read Endless Winter so didn't realize the old Fortress was rebuilt, cool!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I hate to tell ya Sacred but if Jon bombs I don’t think they’ll go back to Clark. More likely they’ll synergize with whatever Coates & Abrams do. That DC has committed this strongly to replacing Clark tells me they want him gone, one way or another.
    Holy crap I thought I was the glass half empty resident

Hey is that supposed to be a restored Kandor?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

From what I remember of Williamson Batman/Superman, the Kandorians have been revived but they’re in stasis, Superman has half and Zod has the other half. If this takes place in the future they could be revived though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

K, cool, thanks. I still try to keep up even when not buying but I obviously miss details.

I don't think DC is anywhere close to getting rid of Clark. He's got Red/Blue, '78, Action, and plenty of other books. Jon is getting *one* and while I'm as pissed off that he's taking it from Clark as anyone here, we have more Clark stuff coming than I initially realized.

In my head, I'm gonna tell myself that this is all part of DC preparing for when Action #1 hits the public domain, and the early aspects of the character become available to everyone; this all feels like ways DC could differentiate itself from any public domain versions of Superman that might come up. I doubt that's the case, I'm sure Disney and WB will just throw money at congress until copyright law is extended again....but a man can dream.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think DC is anywhere close to getting rid of Clark. He's got Red/Blue, '78, Action, and plenty of other books. Jon is getting *one* and while I'm as pissed off that he's taking it from Clark as anyone here, we have more Clark stuff coming than I initially realized.

In my head, I'm gonna tell myself that this is all part of DC preparing for when Action #1 hits the public domain, and the early aspects of the character become available to everyone; this all feels like ways DC could differentiate itself from any public domain versions of Superman that might come up. I doubt that's the case, I'm sure Disney and WB will just throw money at congress until copyright law is extended again....but a man can dream.
    Indeed, I’ve made the same point myself elsewhere. To elaborate I don’t think Clark Kent will be completely gone (I should’ve worded that better), but I don’t think DC will return to him being the focus of the two mainline Superman books. I’m hoping that we’ll get a Calvin mini and that will be the synergy with the film side, and the S&L show means Clark isn’t going anywhere with that sort of synergy for him, but I just think that DC as a whole seems committed to moving the E0 universe in a new direction. For the “classic” takes on Superman, Batman, the JL, and others, there will always be standalone books like Zdarsky’s JL: The Last Ride, and the countless Batman books, but I do think that even if Jon flops DC is committed for now to keeping Clark as a co-holder of the mantle with a younger and hipper Superman whoever that is.

I was listening to podcast with PJK and his point about Superman's evolution (dating Lois, told her the secret, got married, got kid and now dropped his secret identity entirely) was interesting. And now we have that TV show that is basically reinforcing same evolution. If Jon and Calvin bomb Clark might get pushed to the front again, but I don't see them reversing these changes.

From what I remember of Williamson Batman/Superman, the Kandorians have been revived but they’re in stasis, Superman has half and Zod has the other half. If this takes place in the future they could be revived though.
    I try to avoid everything Snyder related like a plague so obviously I skipped Williamson's opening arc, but are all arcs related to Snyder's big story? Or are some of them self contained and good?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I was listening to podcast with PJK and his point about Superman's evolution (dating Lois, told her the secret, got married, got kid and now dropped his secret identity entirely) was interesting. And now we have that TV show that is basically reinforcing same evolution. If Jon and Calvin bomb Clark might get pushed to the front again, but I don't see them reversing these changes.
    That was a really interesting observation by him and one I hadn’t seen expressed before. It has been cemented as kind of Clark’s arc in a way that’s really sort of unique. There’s a lot to mine from that but I agree this is likely to become the overarching arc of the character in the future and specifically in media. It hits the concept of Truth pretty solidly too. The triangle for two as a concept isn’t sustainable in modern storytelling for any length of time. Like one of the hosts observed it’s become pretty toxic actually in the classic format where he is lying to her actively and she’s disdainful of the fake Clark.

I try to avoid everything Snyder related like a plague so obviously I skipped Williamson's opening arc, but are all arcs related to Snyder's big story? Or are some of them self contained and good?
    The Kandor arc was pretty interesting and had some killer Nick Derrington art. The rest was kind of the forgettable Batman/Superman B stories that didn’t do much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

Other than the initial BWL arc the book was fairly self contained. I enjoyed it but it never rose above “entertaining” for me. If you enjoyed Superman/Batman I would say Williamson is very much a continuation of that with some fun character dynamics and some cool art. I liked the Ultra-Humanite arc, the two parter with Zod & Ra’s, and the Steel/Batwoman team up (mostly just to have John Henry Irons in a book again).